Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Stillen Intercooled Supercharger Passes C.a.r.b.!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 10:05 AM
alienx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ignorant Question

Originally posted by mdepena
Not being too familiar with these types of mods, do you need both Stage I and Stage II? What do they each do? And finally, does one by itself have an advantage over the other?

Thanks,
These are mutually exclusive option if I am thinking correctly. These types of applications are generally marketed with different levels of performance (probably due to the amount of boost). Choose the amount of power you can afford, and are willing to risk your motor with.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:17 AM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

supposedly the DW end stage will yield you around 550hp. Each stage will more than likely strengthen your engine such as stronger connecting rods, pistons, higher flow fuel injectors, oil cooler, etc... Anything needed to allow you to realiably haul *** with the kit.
Old 12-05-2003, 02:11 PM
fluidz

Default nice

Originally posted by Juztin
supposedly the DW end stage will yield you around 550hp. Each stage will more than likely strengthen your engine such as stronger connecting rods, pistons, higher flow fuel injectors, oil cooler, etc... Anything needed to allow you to realiably haul *** with the kit.

.....indeed!!!
Attached Thumbnails Stillen Intercooled Supercharger Passes C.a.r.b.!-350z.jpg  
Old 12-06-2003, 06:49 AM
specialp

I find it funny that everyone is comparing a real product with a real price with real performance from a well established company to a product that does not yet exist, and has been only portrayed in quite vauge ways.

It may sound odd, but the dreamworkes supercharger may be nothing more than vaporware. creating a kit at that cost with that warranty seems too good to be true and I am surprised there is not more skepticism about this product. If it comes out exactly as stated as a REAL product then that is superb and then I think it is fair to compare it to the current offerings. otherwise we can compare it to all specification and price offerings. Any tuner can come out with a parts list and CAD image.

When the product hits the market, then it is fair comparison but right now it is early.
Old 12-06-2003, 11:45 AM
skk100

To clarify:

I have the Stillen Intercooled SC with 7pounds of boost. That is not covered by warranty. The 6pound and 5 pound versions are.

I have had mine now for about 2500 miles and have had no problems. I just drove it out to Vegas last week and boy was it fun.

I also took it out through the Malibu Canyons with a bunch of other people and it was awesome minus the brakes (being done this monday).

Stillen Dyno'd my Z at 336hp at the wheels and 300tq at the wheels. The 305 hp people are talking about was for the 5pound non intercooled Stillen SC.

Hope that clears it up for some.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:16 PM
rgreene

So, is the number quoted above 5 or 6 lbs (can somebody just post the numbers for each)?
Old 12-06-2003, 02:05 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally posted by skk100
To clarify:

I have the Stillen Intercooled SC with 7pounds of boost. That is not covered by warranty. The 6pound and 5 pound versions are.
I have had mine now for about 2500 miles and have had no problems. I just drove it out to Vegas last week and boy was it fun.

I also took it out through the Malibu Canyons with a bunch of other people and it was awesome minus the brakes (being done this monday).

Stillen Dyno'd my Z at 336hp at the wheels and 300tq at the wheels. The 305 hp people are talking about was for the 5pound non intercooled Stillen SC.Hope that clears it up for some.
Skk100:

I week from today, we will finally be comparing your Stillen to the other SC's on the market. I am really excited to see all of these products perform side by side. As much research as I have done on the SC market for Z's, until now, nothing has compared them side by side in real track/testing conditions. A lot of the speculation about performance of these products will be eliminated hopefully by these tests.

I cannot wait to meet you (Stillen), Jack (ATI), & Razz (Vortech) in person on Dec 13th and 15th.

We just found out our scheduled stock Z got in a car accident thus is not able to be tested. If any of you out there have a stock Z and want to be in the test, please PM me ASAP. I can give you all the details. We perfer to have a baseline for performance thus the need for a stock 350Z.

Jeff - zland
Old 12-08-2003, 09:30 PM
AxionF117

Do you have any better pictures of the hood on a g35? I really like the warranty on the motor that is HUGE in my opinion. I've seen the red one but I'm wondering what it looks like with a full hood (from the front head on and the side)

Thanks,
Dave
'04 Black G35 Coupe 6MT
Old 12-09-2003, 07:21 AM
2FST4U

AxionF117 -

We'll be shooting pics of our G35C with a Carbon Fiber Hood by the end of the week - assuming the weather cooperates (rain is forecasted for Thursday through the weekend).

Cheers!
Old 12-09-2003, 07:46 AM
AxionF117

ok awesome, thanks!
Old 12-09-2003, 07:57 AM
2FST4U

AxionF117 -

We'll be shooting pics of our G35C with a Carbon Fiber Hood by the end of the week - assuming the weather cooperates (rain is forecasted for Thursday through the weekend).

Cheers!
Old 12-12-2003, 07:43 AM
BLOBYU

Has anyone given DW their $3,000 deposit on the kit? I want to know if these guys can be trusted! They say C.A.R.B. pending and claim a lot of HP gains - but nobody has seen the kit yet. Somebody went to DW to look at it and they said it was at C.A.R.B. How is that if they are on the east coast and C.A.R.B. is in California? Why do they need C.A.R.B.?

Steve Belanger from Alpine developments said that they produce the blowers for DW and TRD. But the TRD blowers are all made by Magnuson - as in Jerry Magnuson - Supercharger KING (for all us muscle car guys) and sold to them by Magnuson. So, I called Alpine Developements and they said Steve Belanger "no longer works for us". Next thing you know, we're gonna find out that they don't have a warranty either - anyone know the number for Dell Financial???? We need to call them up.

Don't get me wrong - if they deliver, there will be a whole lot of happy members... Including ME. I wonder, though, if I should really give them my money or wait. So, I figure if I don't check up on this stuff and do give them a deposit - and they dissappear, then I'm the idiot for blindly trusting them. So, give money or not to give money....that is the question???
Old 12-12-2003, 12:06 PM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm really also interested in their kit and damn near ready to commit, but I am still shaky with blindly letting money out. I would like proof first that the kit exists, and it's performance is as good as it sounds. If they fall through I still have greddy and Ultimate Racing's kit looks impressive so far. From what i've talked to them through email, they seem legit, now they just gotta bite instead of bark. You can also purchase from Performance Nissan in cali as it sounds like those bro's are looken at becoming a dealer for them.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:24 PM
12SecZ

Yo,

don't send someone 3k if you think it's vaporware!

Patience man. That's my 2 cents. I wouldn't. It may be the best kit out of the bunch but lets see a few run first.

Hey, I have a supercharger in my attack that makes 600rwhp.
Everyone send me a grand.

LOL, Justin come on man think. Let it be out for awhile and then comparison shop. Wait for the Sports Z shootout and more reviews from Vortech and and heck maybe Powerdyne or Paxton who knows?

As for CARB it has to be 50 state legal to be CARB certified and is a major selling pint (I think, don't quote me) but CARB E.O.'s are not easy to come by.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:42 PM
BLOBYU

Thanks 12Sec... It's starting to burn a hole in my credit card. Who else has a C.A.R.B. system? I'm thinking I'll sleep on it and maybe go with STILLEN's system. They seem to have the best track record with the blowers and one of the sales guys told me they're working on a 7lb. upgrade that you can literally swap out at the track. That should put me above everything else out there - and do it safely. How's your ATI holding up?
Old 12-12-2003, 09:07 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

The test tomorrow will have Stillens IC SC running. It should be running 7lbs boost so expect more hp from it in that set up. I think this is the first time we will see it running with this boost level and with an IC in a testing situation. Remember, at 7lbs, no warranty and no CARB if my memory serves me correctly.

Jeff
Old 01-12-2004, 02:48 PM
2FST4U

Default Your G35 Hood Pics

Apologies for the long delay -

Here are some shots of the G35 Hoods. They are available in Carbon Fiber or Fiberglass.

Hope this helps.

AC
Attached Thumbnails Stillen Intercooled Supercharger Passes C.a.r.b.!-1036007-g35-fiberglass-hood.jpg  
Old 01-12-2004, 02:49 PM
2FST4U

Default Re: Your G35 Hood Pics

Originally posted by 2FST4U
Apologies for the long delay -

Here are some shots of the G35 Hoods. They are available in Carbon Fiber or Fiberglass.

Hope this helps.

AC
Attached Thumbnails Stillen Intercooled Supercharger Passes C.a.r.b.!-103600-1.jpg  
Old 01-12-2004, 04:34 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

2FST4U:

Do you know anyone else that has the Stillen SC on their 350Z besides Sam (SKK100) that post on this site?