Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Stillen Intercooled Supercharger Passes C.a.r.b.!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 10:01 AM
2FST4U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Stillen Intercooled Supercharger Passes C.A.R.B.

The newly released STILLEN Stage 2 Intercooled Supercharger for the 350Z and G35 Coupe reaches another milestone. Already the first and only 350Z / G35 forced induction kit that can offer an extended engine warranty, it is now the first and only 50 state legal forced induction kit for these cars. (C.A.R.B. Exemption Order #D-436-10.)

STILLEN receiving certification on this comprehensive supercharger system is no accident. More then 13 months of careful design and testing work have produced a unit that is not only powerful, but reliable and satisfying in all driving situations. The STILLEN Supercharger System adds more than 83 hp and 72 lb/ft. of torque raising the bar from [stock] 287 hp and 274 lb/ft. to 370 hp and 346 lb/ft. respectively. These gains are even more impressive when the power and torque curves are considered. One of the reasons STILLEN chose the Eaton based twin screw configuration is that torque and power gains start just off idle and continue to redline. There is no wait for spool up and our gains are consistent - not only at high RPMs - but all the way up the range.

STILLEN has been successful in accomplishing the goals of the 350Z / G35 supercharger project. These were:

* Offer Long-Lasting Reliable Power
* Produce Power throughout the entire RPM range
* Design a Supercharger that is reliable enough to offer a 3yr/36,000 Engine Warranty
* Develop a Supercharger System that would meet increasingly stringent C.A.R.B. requirements.

Before you purchase a Supercharger System for your 350Z or G35 Coupe, make sure the unit you are considering offers you the peace of mind that STILLEN delivers. Make certain that the warranty you are offered doesn't just cover the blower itself. Also, ask why Jaguar, Mercedes, General Motors, Ford, Toyota, Nissan and other OEMs chose the Eaton based platform over others.

For more information on the STILLEN intercooled Supercharger for the Nissan/Infiniti 350Z & G35 Coupe or any other STILLEN accessory, check our site or call Toll Free 800-711-0310.

Last edited by 2FST4U; 12-03-2003 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:10 AM
rgreene

Hrmm... this makes this a much more attractive option. I'm still waiting to see how the DW does... makes a little more power and doesn't require an ugly hood.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:27 AM
2FST4U

rgreene-

Thanks for the compliment on the sc. I can understand your opinion on the hood. Something that stood out and was repeated often by visitors at our most recent Nissan / Infiniti Day was that it's actually quite attractive in person. So, we have been busy putting new images up on our site that hopefully portray the hood more closely to seeing it in person. The button on the home page and the image on the new sports car home page should help with that. Thanks for your input!

Last edited by 2FST4U; 12-03-2003 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:32 AM
2FST4U

Thumbs up

rgreene-

Thanks for the compliment on the sc. I can understand your opinion on the hood. Something that stood out and was repeated often by visitors at our most recent Nissan / Infiniti Day was that it's actually quite attractive in person. So, we have been busy putting new images up on our site that hopefully portray the hood more closely to seeing it in person. The button on the home page and the image on the new sports car home page should help with that. Thanks for your input!

Last edited by 2FST4U; 12-03-2003 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:38 AM
rgreene

Well, when the DW comes out I'm going to do a serious comparisson. I've pretty much decided that I want an Eaton blower. I live in Santa Ana, so I might cruise by Stillen to see some of the hoods in person.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:10 AM
2FST4U

rgreene -

Please feel free to come by.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:23 PM
ss350

Default hmmm....

this stillen blower is starting to look better and better. At first, i thought i would never even consider it b/c of all the detonation problems, over-heating, and comparatively low hp output, but now I think this is a serious option. Thanxx for the good news!
Old 12-03-2003, 12:40 PM
mpol99

Niiiiiiiiice, 3yr/36k warranty on the entire engine?????

Sounds tempting....
Old 12-03-2003, 12:57 PM
2FST4U

ss350 -

The speed with which the Supercharger went through the testing process was amazing. It passed on the first run! There are many incredible things [objectively] that can be said about the system. It will, of course. be a platform for ever increasing horsepower.

Of course, horsepower and torque gains are our goals. But the incredibly quick C.A.R.B. Certification should speak volumes about the engineering. C.A.R.B. testing has become so stringent in the past 2 years. They have even increased the speed at which they run the engine to create heatsoak. Now that speed is 80mph!

Another point for the motor's safety is that we don't force the fuel system to take more than it can reliably handle. The fuel system is still running at OE pressure. And when your running down the road at a comfortable cruising speed w/o acceleration you are not under any boost. However, when the throttle is pressed, our piggyback computer senses boost, our seventh injector activates and you INSTANTLY gain power and torque. No spool up time...just lots of smiles.

mpol99-

Yes, the warranty covers the engine not just the supercharger and its components.

Another plus is that the lubrication oil is self-contained and doesn't need to be serviced for 100,000miles. I believe the ATI requires service every 6,000 miles and the Vortech unit is changed when the engine oil is changed, since that is how oil is supplied. However, the Vortech unit will require a feeder tube from the crank case to the blower unit and some sort of modification to the oil sump or a new sump altogether.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:59 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Congratulations to Stillen for raising the bar in the 350Z SC market. You are the first kit to offer 36K engine warranty and CARB certification.

The test coming up by sportZ magazine will compare the ATI, Vortech, and Stillen SC kits by dyno, 1/4 mile, and autoX. We will see how well the low end hp & torque specs of the Stillen SC stack up to the higher hp/torque specs at high rpm 's of the ATI/Vortech SC kits. The test will occur on Dec 13th for 1/4 mile and AutoX and Monday, Dec 15th at Stillen for the dyno on all cars.

The other varible some readers might want to consider is the DW SC kit. It is scheduled to be released in January, has 400+ crank hp, and an Eaton SC integrated into the plenum. This will allow you to keep your bar in place in the engine bay and keep your stock hood. In addition, they are promising a 36,000 warranty on the entire drivetrain (not just the motor) + CARB legal upon the release date.

Again, congratulations to Stillen. Within 2-3 months, all of these SC kits will be on the market, tested, and all consumers will finally have the data needed to make the best choice for their needs.

Jeff - zland

Last edited by zland; 12-03-2003 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:30 PM
2FST4U

ZLAND-

Thanks for the great compliments!

Has DW issued a cost for their kit yet?

Considering the strutbar for the Z - we've not noticed any lateral stability loss. Of course, the G35 Coupe doesn't even come with a Strut Bar.

Here is what our G35 w/o Strut Bar tested at with Motor Trend in the November '03 issue:

STILLEN G35 Slalom: 67mph
STILLEN G35 Skid Pad: .89g

For a heavier and longer vehicle those are still impressive numbers.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:47 PM
fluidz

Default Stillen

Originally posted by 2FST4U

Has DW issued a cost for their kit yet?

I was quoted $5,250.00 by Nick at DWR..............that includes the warrenty on the ENTIRE drivetrain..................Stillen does have a great kit but if the DWR kit works reliably like the Stillen kit, then Stillen will have to come way way way down on there price.........I MEAN WAY DOWN

STILLEN COST =

$5,250.00 Intercooled Supercharger
$1,000.00 Hood and paint
$250.00 Warrenty
$N/C Removing your Strut Bar forever

GRAND TOTAL FOR THE STILLEN PACKAGE = $6,500.00 (OUCHY MAMMA, almost 20 percent more than the DWR unit and no strut bar)

DREAM WORKES RACING COST =

$5,250.00 Twin Intercooled Supercharger
$N/C Keeping your strut bar forever

GRAND TOTAL FOR THE DWR PACKAGE = $5,250.00 (YUMMY)

I hope the DWR package lives up to the hype, because if it does it will be better for the consumer's as there will be more competition out there for people like STILLEN. The Stillen unit would be the best for years to come if they would have kept the price at $3,795.00 including the intercooler. Raising the price to $5,250.00 and still needing the hood, warrenty etc. is going to be there downfall in 6-8 months.

Thank you STILLEN and keep up the good work
Attached Thumbnails Stillen Intercooled Supercharger Passes C.a.r.b.!-car.jpg  

Last edited by fluidz; 12-03-2003 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:48 PM
narkotic

I think this is the only way to go as of now if you have a completely stock motor and want a turnkey system with little problems...

Have you guys had any customers with G35's get it installed yet? I've been to your lot and seen the red one..
Old 12-03-2003, 03:22 PM
2FST4U

Everyone at STILLEN is looking forward to what DW has in store. It will be interesting to see what the true final cost of the kit is. With that much casting and internal plumbing, it seems hard to keep the cost you all bring up. The shipping will be another issue. It looks to be a huge [and heavy] kit. Competition is healthy and we certainly look forward to their kit. Are they going to C.A.R.B. the kit? If the kit holds its merit, the customers like it and the system doesn't blow motors up, it might be something we carry in our catalogs. Keep me posted!
Old 12-03-2003, 03:27 PM
2FST4U

Narkotic -

Thanks for the question. We have not installed the Intercooled Supercharger Kit on a customer's G35...yet. But now that we have our C.A.R.B. EO Number, we are able to install them in-house. We have Nissan/Infiniti Dealers that are also very happy now as they can intall them without any complications. So, there will be more and more locations available for installation.

Since you are local, will you be attending the SPORT Z MAGAZINE DYNO SHOOTOUT at our location on the 15th of this month?
Old 12-03-2003, 03:27 PM
rgreene

Supposedly the only reason it isn't out now is because they are waiting on CARB.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:31 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by 2FST4U
Narkotic -

Since you are local, will you be attending the SPORT Z MAGAZINE DYNO SHOOTOUT at our location on the 15th of this month? [
Alex, I can't remember exactly when you said this but I seem to recall that you would install your SC (et. all) at no charge if Stillen did well in the Dyno Shootout. Can't seem to find the topical email; possibily a phone call. Maybe Dave Bexfield told me -- yeah, that's it. Bex said it!

Bob

PS. Have fun y'all
Old 12-03-2003, 04:41 PM
2FST4U

Bob - you trouble maker You must mean your Z....?

We are really looking forward to the shootout. Thanks for providing the idea and the forum (Sport Z Magazine). I'm glad we could help out. You've done a great job growing your book!
Old 12-03-2003, 04:56 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2FST4U
Bob - you trouble maker You must mean your Z....?

Oh good, you remember. When should I drop off my 350Z. Anytime in January would be good for me.

This is too cool -- I won the SuperCharger Challenge. Chris, forgive me.

I love this job

Bob
Old 12-03-2003, 04:58 PM
2FST4U

Bob,

I've got you scheduled for Jan. 32nd.

Quick Reply: Stillen Intercooled Supercharger Passes C.a.r.b.!