Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Anyone else had a missing cam sensor wires on ecu?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 09:23 AM
brocw1093

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else had a missing cam sensor wires on ecu?

I was installing a vortech supercharger and went to wire the piggyback into the ecu and I have no cam sensor wires in terminals 33 and 14. I need help cuz my car is starting to throw a code. I have gone to 3 Nissan dealers and non have helped me and called vortech, and searched Everywhere on the Internet. Does early 2003 Nissan 350z have cam sensor wires in a different location? I am really lost and I need help. Someone else has had to run into this before.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Just checked the 03 350Z FSM and it shows them on those two wires. Are you certain you aren't looking at the harness from the wrong side?
Old 07-15-2011, 12:53 PM
brocw1093

Originally Posted by Hal@Dynosty
Just checked the 03 350Z FSM and it shows them on those two wires. Are you certain you aren't looking at the harness from the wrong side?
you know what. im about to look really stupid. Im not a 100% but I think I found them. My friend that helped me with the install knows how to wire and was incharge of the ecu. he wired everything up and said he couldnt find those 2 wires. He seriously looked at it for a hour. and showed me and I looked and saw no wires. Today I run my code and I decide im going to take a look at this again. So I pulled my harness down and swear I found them on the first try ( and red/blue wire and a Red one) and counted 10 times to make sure i was looking at it right. I honestly don't know how he could wire everything else and not know about those 2 wires. I see how he looked at it though (upside down) which shows no wires in terminal 14 and 33. I noticed some writing on the plastic so thats how I could tell if it was right ways up. So now im having a different friend who wires for a job come over and check it and check all of the other wires. If im right I wish I would have went back and looked at it for myself and looked at it more. I hope my car isn't messed up from not having them hooked up, Its running fine just shows a code, hopefully after I hook it all back up the RIGHT WAY the code will disappear on its own!

Last edited by brocw1093; 07-15-2011 at 12:56 PM. Reason: mispelled
Old 07-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by brocw1093
you know what. im about to look really stupid. Im not a 100% but I think I found them. My friend that helped me with the install knows how to wire and was incharge of the ecu. he wired everything up and said he couldnt find those 2 wires. He seriously looked at it for a hour. and showed me and I looked and saw no wires. Today I run my code and I decide im going to take a look at this again. So I pulled my harness down and swear I found them on the first try ( and red/blue wire and a Red one) and counted 10 times to make sure i was looking at it right. I honestly don't know how he could wire everything else and not know about those 2 wires. I see how he looked at it though (upside down) which shows no wires in terminal 14 and 33. I noticed some writing on the plastic so thats how I could tell if it was right ways up. So now im having a different friend who wires for a job come over and check it and check all of the other wires. If im right I wish I would have went back and looked at it for myself and looked at it more. I hope my car isn't messed up from not having them hooked up, Its running fine just shows a code, hopefully after I hook it all back up the RIGHT WAY the code will disappear on its own!
You have the correct wire colors
Old 07-16-2011, 05:46 AM
brocw1093

Ok so my check engine light was cam sensor bank 2. This brought me to check my ecu for the wires since I ran a code 3 weeks after the install. My friend comes over and notices as he's hooking up the wires ALL of the piggyback is totally wired WRONG. So he helps me out and we rewire everything. All the correct way. Triple checked everything and it's all correct. So I turn my car back on and it's idling strong and throwing no codes. I walk in my house for 3 min and walk back out and the car is turned off. So I'm like great now what. I turn it on and it starts hard.....turn it off try again and starts hard. Engine light, slip and vdc all come on. So I drive it...to test it and it feels laggy. Then out of the blue I turn it off and back on and the slip, and vdc light turn off but my engine light remains. It started right up without a hard start. So I go home and the this morning it does it again. Hard start with all 3 lights on. I get the code checked out and it's bank 2 cam sensor. So I don't know if it's confused or broke. Which side is bank 2 the hard one?
Old 07-16-2011, 08:47 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

bank2 is drivers side.

I'm sure Hal could fix that right up when you go there for the tune
Old 07-16-2011, 01:49 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Good luck, hopefully you didn't fry the ECU.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:51 PM
brocw1093

Originally Posted by str8dum1
bank2 is drivers side.

I'm sure Hal could fix that right up when you go there for the tune
Haha ya, I got the code erased gonna see if it comes back up
Old 07-16-2011, 05:59 PM
brocw1093

Poop it was running fine all day and just came back up it's bank 2, does anyone know of any diy or instructions on how to get to it? I'm going to do it myself. Any help would be awesome!
Old 07-16-2011, 06:13 PM
brocw1093

Also does anyone know which sensor it is I buy? There is like 3 on courtesynissan
Old 07-18-2011, 04:34 AM
ESP350Z

Its tine to knuckle down and take the car to a shop that knows z's. You need to stop playing guessing games with your wiring and your engine.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:28 PM
brocw1093

The wiring is perfect. I made sure. We checked everything 4 times and reread everything and it all matches. I ended up finding the correct sensor on z1 and ordered it. Gonna put it in since from what I here it's easy and straight forward. Just a pita to get to.