Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Sport Z Supercharger Shootout - Done!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 02:24 PM
2FST4U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport Z Supercharger Shootout - Done!

Sport Z Magazine just finished their official Dyno Shootout between the ATI, Vortech and STILLEN Intercooled Supercharger Systems. Thanks to all who participated, Carl for your driving, Jeff (Zland) for the coordinating help, Bob, Dave, Art and Sport Z Magazine for offering the forum - and of course my350z for the board to post. Special thanks to the customers and the use of their vehicles.

We've taken a vow of silence concerning the results. So, we'll let Sport Z Publish those when they're ready .

For those of you interested, we will be shipping 7lb. 'Weekend Racer' packages soon. These kits upgrade the current C.A.R.B. & Warrantied 6lb. System to a non-C.A.R.B. non-engine warrantied trim and are perfect for track use. It's an easy swap at the track back to C.A.R.B. Legal Trim for driving upon public roads again.

Stay 'Tuned'.

Last edited by 2FST4U; 12-15-2003 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:27 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alex, got any pics of the event?
Old 12-15-2003, 02:27 PM
2FST4U

....coming.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:55 PM
MY350Z.COM

e-mail me high resolution pics

mikewazowski@***.net
Old 12-15-2003, 02:57 PM
12SecZ

Sweet, can't wait for my Mag. Is it a special edition or is the next edition 3 months out because I just got my "Winter" edition and I am dying to see the results!
Old 12-15-2003, 04:25 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

You mean we have to wait 3 months for the results!!!

Come on. We have ways of making you talk......
Old 12-15-2003, 04:29 PM
zimbo

Yeah, I'm sorry but the idea of not posting the results after beating this forum non-stop about it seems extremely LAME.

--Steve
Old 12-15-2003, 04:32 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by 12SecZ
Sweet, can't wait for my Mag. Is it a special edition or is the next edition 3 months out because I just got my "Winter" edition and I am dying to see the results!
Full coverage of the Shootout will be in the Spring 2004 issue of Sport Z. The videos were recorded by Carl Merritt of Sport Z and will go up on our web page about 2 weeks before the spring issue goes out in the mail (around March 1st).

Photos taken by visitors and drivers will begin to surface quickly, but the official photos (Steve) will begin to appear in advance of the spring mailing. Featured images will be a large part of the Spring 2004 issue and will not be seen until the subscribers receive their issues in the mail. We must be fair to our subscribers and putting results and photos out their before our paid readers receive their issue would be unfair to them.

Alex Cates, Steve Millen, thank you and very much for your part of the Shootout. We appreciate your participation.

Bob
Old 12-15-2003, 04:36 PM
MY350Z.COM

I agree Bob, people pay for your mag for a reason.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:41 PM
jawbone

Old 12-15-2003, 05:08 PM
2FST4U

Victor -

Check your inbox @***.net. Pictures are there.

Bob, we certainly are looking forward to seeing the published numbers.

Cheers!
Old 12-15-2003, 05:36 PM
Jim Jones
Banned

Default I am a subscriber

And I don't want to wait 3 months for the result. Might as well just buy the Greddy TT, if the Mag and the 3 SC makers won't come clean about the results.

The Magazine article with all the pics, stats and impressions will still be great in 3 months, even if we already know who won.

C'mon know, spill the beans!!!
Old 12-15-2003, 05:46 PM
zimbo

Originally posted by publisher
We must be fair to our subscribers and putting results and photos out their before our paid readers receive their issue would be unfair to them.
I for one think there's a middle ground. I would estimate the number of posts on this forum about this event as being upwards of 100 posts. This forum was repeatedly asked to assist by providing cars for the event. As far as I know, members of this forum were invited to attend and it was seemingly touted as being a public event. After weeks of drumming up interest and posting many times per day, our fellow poster ZLAND, who apparently morphed from enthusiastic neutral observer to paid shill somewhere along the way, is now mysteriously silent.

I understand your not wanting to publish the professional photos and the entire article prior to the magazine release but swearing everyone to secrecy and not even posting a simple "here's how it turned out" message seems, as I said before, really lame.

--Steve
Old 12-15-2003, 06:05 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default Re: I am a subscriber

Originally posted by Jim Jones
And I don't want to wait 3 months for the result. Might as well just buy the Greddy TT, if the Mag and the 3 SC makers won't come clean about the results.

Robert speaking: Jim, I realize that you are a subscriber and if Greddy TT is your choice, I say go with it.

The Magazine article with all the pics, stats and impressions will still be great in 3 months, even if we already know who won.

Robert speaking: We don't have winners and losers, we have data as we know it. Think of the upcoming Spring 2004 issue like a kid waiting for Christmas. Anticipation is part of the fun and like many things in life, the longer the fun, the greater the satisfaction.

Please do not ask me to do something that 99% of our readers would object to and please don't let this THREAD become a personal thing like the Exhaust Shootout THREAD a few months ago.

We do shootouts for very good reasons, we want to inform and entertain our subscribers and we want to sell magazines. That should not be a concept that is hard to come to terms with.

C'mon know, spill the beans!!!

Robert speaking: The needs of the few will not be served by sacrificing the needs of the many.

BTW, I haven't seen your acceptance of my challenge to you on another forum. Your S4 vs my S8 with jazzed ECU on any Colorado road of your choice.

Bob

Old 12-15-2003, 06:31 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default WTF?

Originally posted by zimbo
I for one think there's a middle ground. I would estimate the number of posts on this forum about this event as being upwards of 100 posts. This forum was repeatedly asked to assist by providing cars for the event. As far as I know, members of this forum were invited to attend and it was seemingly touted as being a public event. After weeks of drumming up interest and posting many times per day, our fellow poster ZLAND, who apparently morphed from enthusiastic neutral observer to paid shill somewhere along the way, is now mysteriously silent.

I understand your not wanting to publish the professional photos and the entire article prior to the magazine release but swearing everyone to secrecy and not even posting a simple "here's how it turned out" message seems, as I said before, really lame.

--Steve
"really lame" ???
"paid shill" ???

NOT!

Bob
Old 12-15-2003, 06:55 PM
Jim Jones
Banned

Default You Gotta Be Kidding

Publisher -

Do you honestly believe 99% of your readers want to wait 3 months for the results of the SC shootout? I would think it is the other way around -- 99% want it posted here and now.

This is just another in the long series of bush league moves by this Evil Board.

Haha -- zland as paid shill. I like that. Sorry Jeff, but this turned out to be total BS.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:59 PM
jesseenglish

Richard,

SportZMagazine is a business that makes it's money from people purchasing their product. What incentive would people have if they already knew everything that was in their magazine. Sure we all want to know, but they have to do what is good for business. Not what satisfies our curiousity.

Jesse
Old 12-15-2003, 07:00 PM
slay2k

Thumbs down What the @#$@ ?

Why would you post on here saying that your "shootout is done" without some sort of summary of results ? Are you trying to advertise the mag and tease people ? Or just **** off the subscribers that you already have ?

I find this very lame. And guess what, I am a subscriber to your magazine, and my opinion of your actions is currently going way down.

It makes perfect sense to post some sort of preliminary results, and exclude the lengthy details and fine points (as well as pictures, etc) for the actual article in the magazine.

Doing otherwise is not only an insult, it's a joke. I'm sorry to say this, but you're losing respect with every post.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:07 PM
DeeZee

didnt we JUST go through this over an exhaust shoot out not too long ago????
Old 12-15-2003, 07:31 PM
ether

Originally posted by DeeZee
didnt we JUST go through this over an exhaust shoot out not too long ago????
sure did.. i don't think anybody is asking for the article(s) and pictures that are going into the magazine to be posted here before its get printed.. just want the basic results.. the winter issue i'm assuming will provide in-depth analysis and information making that more than worthwhile for attracting customers..

Quick Reply: Sport Z Supercharger Shootout - Done!