Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

FI Woes, A Love story.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 04:42 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

morning pic from dynosty.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:05 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Good stuff Don. UPS tracking shows that the FMIC was delivered yesterday shortly after lunch. Will check on the hardware in shortly.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:45 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

on the hardware. UPS sucks!

I heard the car for the first time today, and it is ridiculously loud, I love it! However I am going to have to run a muffler.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:29 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

*Update, I am on the road traveling, but as I have been told the new FMIC and hardware is installed and the car is back running. On that note my tuning is being delayed due to the fact that the car is just too loud and the police are constantly being called to Dynosty for noise complaints. I have all the components to fabricate and exhaust at home once it finally returns but in its current state it will literally shake the old injected building.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:34 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

is it just open headers?

and that's bs. i was out there when greg was testing the sound levels on the opposite end of the property. It was down in the 80 decibel area which is nothing. I don't think people should complain since it's in the middle of the workday. It's probably all those lazy ****s that are on wellfare that live in the slums around them. They sit at home and do nothing but complain.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:22 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

exactly, those bums are causing my car to be delayed. I may have to swing down to Lexington and strong arm some people.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MI 35th
due to the fact that the car is just too loud and the police are constantly being called to Dynosty for noise complaints.
Don, for some reason I found this very funny. Too bad abot the problem...but at least you are in great hands with Dynosty.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:25 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

You would think its funny, but the car should already be done. It is delaying me getting my car back and having it tuned as thoroughly as needed, not to mention limiting what can be done. I am having to put the race gas tune on hold until I can have my exhaust fabricated. Luckily it will be as soon as the car gets home.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:18 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Car is home and for the most part finished up.

Impressions:

I am unsure the absolute final numbers from Dynosty, they can post it up if they get a chance. Octane became the big issue. E85 to come and more boost for the spring time.

The car is significantly faster than the prior setup and pulls hard as **** all the way to 7500 rpm. The car is unbelievably loud at redline sounds like old 86 Renault F1 Turbo car on the highway.

Ive only had one run in it since getting it back, I popped out in front go a single turbo supra and held it off to 150. The supra was slowly coming back but at each shift I could stay ahead and he never could make the gap back. I really don't want to muffle the car but it is a necessary thing, I was re-setting up my car for the back roads on thursday night and I am pretty sure that everyone that lives on the road I was on hates me.

I need to post up some video and pics in a few days.

Sasha, you need to come visit and take a ride in the car or at a bare minimum come down to ZDAYZ for the fun.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Car is home and for the most part finished up.

Impressions:

I am unsure the absolute final numbers from Dynosty, they can post it up if they get a chance. Octane became the big issue. E85 to come and more boost for the spring time.

The car is significantly faster than the prior setup and pulls hard as **** all the way to 7500 rpm. The car is unbelievably loud at redline sounds like old 86 Renault F1 Turbo car on the highway.

Ive only had one run in it since getting it back, I popped out in front go a single turbo supra and held it off to 150. The supra was slowly coming back but at each shift I could stay ahead and he never could make the gap back. I really don't want to muffle the car but it is a necessary thing, I was re-setting up my car for the back roads on thursday night and I am pretty sure that everyone that lives on the road I was on hates me.

I need to post up some video and pics in a few days.

Sasha, you need to come visit and take a ride in the car or at a bare minimum come down to ZDAYZ for the fun.
One Magnaflow resonator and a muffler in the back will go a long way in making the car quiet. These are very good for flow as well, because of the straight through design.

As far as visiting…I would love to, and one day I will make it to Z days, but it is a heck of a drive for me as I am up in the Great White North. I would also like to take my car and leave it at Dynosty for a couple of weeks, and let those guys work some magic.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:52 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

I bought a manaflow 3" 9x20 muffler and a bunch of 3", ill have one installed on monday night.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Post up your CarPC skin for CF, would love to see it. I think the CarPC adds that final touch to a modded car, along with the FI, and the Haltech, and it all flows together and makes it perfect
Old 10-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance

As far as visiting…I would love to, and one day I will make it to Z days, but it is a heck of a drive for me as I am up in the Great White North. I would also like to take my car and leave it at Dynosty for a couple of weeks, and let those guys work some magic.
Lets do it next year it's about a 40hr trip, I want to go but a drive like that by myself would suck. You would beat me on the long distance award by 75miles
Old 10-09-2011, 06:50 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

1 Day 19 hour drive! OMFG. You'll need an oil change when you got here. If you fly into Knoxville, I think I could pick you up.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
Lets do it next year it's about a 40hr trip, I want to go but a drive like that by myself would suck. You would beat me on the long distance award by 75miles
Yeah, I have some holidays built up so it may be a possibility...hmmmm.

You better get that car running 100% for a trip like that though, I don't want to wait for a tow truck in the middle of nowhere..

What is the exact location anyway?

1 Day 19 hour drive! OMFG. You'll need an oil change when you got here. If you fly into Knoxville, I think I could pick you up.

I told you it's far...it would be nice to drive down, stop at Dynosty for a couple of days and make a trip out of it. Probably take a week or two off of work.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 10-09-2011 at 07:33 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Sylvan Lake V35

Deals gap north Carolina, I figure a guy would almost 3 days one way. The car is close to running 100% I have an issue with my crank sensor when the car gets hot(sitting in one spot with no air flow) other than than it seems good so far.

Sorry for the hijack.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:42 PM
binder

so did hal not even tell you the numbers it put down? I'm curious to see. What was the final boost too?

Yesterday i took mine out and beat on it at 18psi (which seemed to settle into 19psi most of the time with my boost controller). It was fast but i have the timing pulled so much (fear) that i think my 16psi actually pulls harder. Soon i'll start increasing that timing so the 18psi map will dominate. I might be crazy also, this is all butt dyno so the 18psi could be faster and i just not be feeling it since it's such a hard hit it's hard to focus on the car and the computer at the same time.

Once this tank runs down i'm filling with e85. I can rent a local dyno for the day for only 500$ so i plan on doing that in about 2 weeks once midterms are over.

sasha, glacier national park is 24 hours exact from st louis where i'm at. Dynosty is another 6 hours. I'm not sure how far calgary is north of glacier but i saw it was relatively in the same area....maybe 6-8 hours from glacier?
Old 10-09-2011, 04:16 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would undo your return line and run the tank til the car dies. fill your 1st 5 gals from a gas jug and then go to the pump. even 3-4 galls of reg tank in the gas drop the etoh % (~E70) down enough to change AFRs over pure E85.

or at least dont do too much tuning until your 2nd tank of E85.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:02 PM
binder

Originally Posted by str8dum1
I would undo your return line and run the tank til the car dies. fill your 1st 5 gals from a gas jug and then go to the pump. even 3-4 galls of reg tank in the gas drop the etoh % (~E70) down enough to change AFRs over pure E85.

or at least dont do too much tuning until your 2nd tank of E85.
ya, i have a 15 gallon mobile pump here in my garage. I just need to get the gas as low as possible so i have less 93 octane to drain out.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Originally Posted by binder

sasha, glacier national park is 24 hours exact from st louis where i'm at. Dynosty is another 6 hours. I'm not sure how far calgary is north of glacier but i saw it was relatively in the same area....maybe 6-8 hours from glacier?
exactly 2,000miles from Edmonton Alberta(where Sasha lives) to lexington Kentucky.

Deals gap/Fontana village is about 3,600miles or 40hs.

Quick Reply: FI Woes, A Love story.