Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

momentum gt3794r build.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 07:02 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by binder
won't give ya the extra power? so far it's gained me an extra 150hp on the same setup....if that's not enough "extra" then you might as well sell the car and get a rocket ship!

I have a 6765 single turbo setup. it probably won't surprise me that much
I think he means E85 won't give him anymore power versus the C16 he's gonna be using.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:06 PM
n2deepnot2keep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n2deepnot2keep
Yeah I mean because I'm limeted by 1000 cc injectors and a so.ble 340 log feul pump.
If I had 1600cc , twin pumps , and practicle access to e85 this would be an option.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:45 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
I think he means E85 won't give him anymore power versus the C16 he's gonna be using.
oh, well no, definitely not in that case!

It just sucks trying to fill your car with 5 gallon cans so i choose the e85

I'm on hks 1000cc injectors. 83% duty cycle at 652hp. I'll be pushing further once my new clutch comes in. Probably 2 weeks since i'll be on winter break.

i will say that the 340 you have will be the limiting factor though. it will give up before those 1000cc injectors will.

If you don't have good access to e85 that kind of sucks and restricts it. 50/50 pump c16 would be nice. 101.5 octane mixed with 87 and 103.5 mixed with 91. Should be economical option you could run all the time too.

also, i think locally here we are going to start mixing our own e85. You can get a drum of e98 then mix it yourself. I calculated it mixing with 87 octane and it was just under 4$ per gallon and more reliable than what e85 is at the pump. You would have to upgrade the fuel pump with it though. The race gas mix wouldn't require a fuel pump upgrade though and still has plenty of octane for a good power curve.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:06 AM
ace32x

oh, well no, definitely not in that case!

It just sucks trying to fill your car with 5 gallon cans so i choose the e85

I'm on hks 1000cc injectors. 83% duty cycle at 652hp. I'll be pushing further once my new clutch comes in. Probably 2 weeks since i'll be on winter break.

i will say that the 340 you have will be the limiting factor though. it will give up before those 1000cc injectors will.

If you don't have good access to e85 that kind of sucks and restricts it. 50/50 pump c16 would be nice. 101.5 octane mixed with 87 and 103.5 mixed with 91. Should be economical option you could run all the time too.

also, i think locally here we are going to start mixing our own e85. You can get a drum of e98 then mix it yourself. I calculated it mixing with 87 octane and it was just under 4$ per gallon and more reliable than what e85 is at the pump. You would have to upgrade the fuel pump with it though. The race gas mix wouldn't require a fuel pump upgrade though and still has plenty of octane for a good power curve.
not to off topic. but can you order clips for the hks 1000cc injectors still? i pulled the fuel rails out of that red z i have and 3 of the clips on the bottom were mushed and torn, and 1 of the top o rings was pretty much in pieces.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:50 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what do you mean by clips? Clips usually refer to the injector harness plug that plugs into the injector.

how would those have gotten crushed? either way, yes they are standard parts and are available.

Otherwise, everything else is just o-rings, which are also standard 14mm. either use OEM one from stock injectors or order them from DW, RC, ID, etc
Old 11-29-2011, 09:28 AM
ace32x

Originally Posted by str8dum1
what do you mean by clips? Clips usually refer to the injector harness plug that plugs into the injector.

how would those have gotten crushed? either way, yes they are standard parts and are available.

Otherwise, everything else is just o-rings, which are also standard 14mm. either use OEM one from stock injectors or order them from DW, RC, ID, etc
Both actually. I'm not impressed with jotechs work this car was just kind thrown together. 2 of the clips off the harness were mashed under the fuel rail and cracked in half almost. And 3 of the orings on the bottom of the injectors were just mashed in and torn. Lot of little other stuff that shows they didn't have any attention to detail
Old 11-29-2011, 12:54 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

as rich says: they are stock parts. Stock injector clips go right into the hks with no issues.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:59 PM
ace32x

as rich says: they are stock parts. Stock injector clips go right into the hks with no issues.
sweet ty
Old 11-29-2011, 01:24 PM
n2deepnot2keep

Car is strapped to the dyno but I don't think bryan is going to finish the 91 Oct tune today. Nobody wants to guess my #s huh?

Mabey some of you guys who appear to know everything don't want to risk looking silly huh? Lol.

Come on str8tdum1, resmarted, ect... Take a crack at it.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:03 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Dynojet dyno? If so, my guess is low to mid 500's on 91 pump and around 700whp on C16.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:06 PM
n2deepnot2keep

Dynojet dyno? If so, my guess is low to mid 500's on 91 pump and around 700whp on C16.
Dynojet 224x
Old 11-29-2011, 02:08 PM
n2deepnot2keep

Originally Posted by n2deepnot2keep
Dynojet 224x
Don't give ballpark numbers I want hard numbers!
Old 11-29-2011, 02:48 PM
str8dum1

what did you end up decided to use to tune with? how is your tuner going to determine what's enough boost/timing? Det cans? You guys are doing plug checks right? Easy to leave a lot of HP on the table if your timing isnt aggro enough.

That turbo is a similar size to a 6765. A good tuner on an aggressive tune should be able to make 600 on 91 around 23psi and 800 on C16 around 34psi
But that's are based upon the assumption that the overpriced HTA is anywhere near as good as a 6765. You could be 100whp less easily considering stock heads, small T3 flange, small downpipe. Seems only 4bangers use that turbo. Probably because other cars with more displacement dont fuss with a T3 flange.

Last edited by str8dum1; 11-29-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

what did you end up decided to use to tune with? how is your tuner going to determine what's enough boost/timing? Det cans? You guys are doing plug checks right? Easy to leave a lot of HP on the table if your timing isnt aggro enough.

That turbo is a similar size to a 6765. A good tuner on an aggressive tune should be able to make 600 on 91 around 23psi and 800 on C16 around 34psi
But that's are based upon the assumption that the overpriced HTA is anywhere near as good as a 6765. You could be 100whp less easily considering stock heads, small T3 flange, small downpipe. Seems only 4bangers use that turbo. Probably because other cars with more displacement dont fuss with a T3 flange.
Way to leave it all on the table Rich..
Old 11-29-2011, 03:18 PM
n2deepnot2keep

do you really need all that info? I think your missing the spirit of the challenge. But ok for those of u who don't want to flip back to the first page here is the meat and potatoes of the build.

Ipp stage 2 block
L19 and arp main
Momentum gt3794r kit
Momentum exhaust( dual cat back)
Momentum headers
Jwt c2 cams
Over size vaulvs,5 angle cut,stiffer springs, port and polish.
Skunk2 5/8" Plenum spacer.
Cjm stage 2 fuel return.
Areomotive 340lph feul pump
1000cc injectors dynamics injectors
Haltec and Osirus will be used for tunning.

My tunning instructions were just get what u can safely.
Btw don't you know my tuner str8dum1
Old 11-29-2011, 03:26 PM
str8dum1

well osirus has no way to detect knock and the haltech needs a lot of tuning to get knock detection to get rid of the noise. Neither of which will be done in 1 tuning session.

I made my guess. Post #1 made no mention of heads, so that will help some. But, you now qualify that you want it done safely. Well that is all at a tuners discretion. It has NOTHING to do with the total potential of the system, esp if your tuner is not using det can and checking the plugs. You should be asking, how confident is your tuner. Not how much HP can I make becuase I assure you, you could make more.
case in point Alberto's 18g kit makes well over 100whp more than the same setup done by a different tuner.

I assume your tuner is Meatbag. I dont know him personally nor other cars he's done besides his own. I didnt even know he was associated with powerfab until this thread. But it makes sense he was shop associated given the amount of fabrication required on his build.

Last edited by str8dum1; 11-29-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:32 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

It seems silly and pointless to me to guess on exact numbers rather than ballpark figures. I doubt the car would make the same exact numbers twice or three times in a row. So what's the point of going beyond a ballpark guesstimate?

+1 to what Rich said about all the variables regarding the tune.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-29-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:21 PM
n2deepnot2keep

It seems silly and pointless to me to guess on exact numbers rather than ballpark figures. I doubt the car would make the same exact numbers twice or three times in a row. So what's the point of going beyond a ballpark guesstimate?

+1 to what Rich said about all the variables regarding the tune.
Yes I know there are tons of variables, just thought it would be fun for everyone to take a stab at it and see who guesses the closest.

Everyone has the same info so variables so its a fair game.

Anyway nevermind ( serious bunch you guys are)
Old 11-29-2011, 04:24 PM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

well osirus has no way to detect knock and the haltech needs a lot of tuning to get knock detection to get rid of the noise. Neither of which will be done in 1 tuning session.

I made my guess. Post #1 made no mention of heads, so that will help some. But, you now qualify that you want it done safely. Well that is all at a tuners discretion. It has NOTHING to do with the total potential of the system, esp if your tuner is not using det can and checking the plugs. You should be asking, how confident is your tuner. Not how much HP can I make becuase I assure you, you could make more.
case in point Alberto's 18g kit makes well over 100whp more than the same setup done by a different tuner.

I assume your tuner is Meatbag. I dont know him personally nor other cars he's done besides his own. I didnt even know he was associated with powerfab until this thread. But it makes sense he was shop associated given the amount of fabrication required on his build.

I usually dont post my association with my shop since my posts have been deleted before. Thus keeping most the cars I have tuned off this forum.

I was working on the knock settings along with some basic tuning. Although the way the momentum kit hard mounts its pipes to the AC compressor quite a bit of extra noise is transmitted into the engine thus taking a little more time then usual.

I use other methods to detect knock/det like pulling plugs, electronic knock ears, etc....

Other then that I hate to see the dyno debate brought up in this thread so lets just leave it at that. Since EVERY shop has the "heartbreaker"
or
"reads low"
or
"if you made that much on this dyno you really make this much"
or
"you made this on our dyno which is really this on everyone else dyno".

PowerFabs dyno reads lower then some dynos and higher then others as I have seen from customers of ours going to dyno days, etc..
Old 11-29-2011, 04:30 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

^ Don't forget "The Sandbagger"

I always LOL'ed at the hype spewed on this forum about low reading DD dynos.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-29-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Quick Reply: momentum gt3794r build.