Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Back home lets build!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 05:31 PM
jerryd87

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

actually just got it, power to the L terminal works the mil spec connector i was using dosnt allow it to seat properly due to the 16 guage wire........ honestly needs 18 at a absolute max and i dont want to use such tiny wire so skipping the mil spec.
now i have a stumble on acceleration so i need to watch the data log, the car is actually idling at 800 rpm now which is great but the stumble not so much i figure that out and it will actually be running better then before.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:39 PM
jerryd87

i actually think i may have found a major solution to alot of my problems, since im rewiring the harness and i know water has gotten in it before and has likely led to corrosion. since starting the rewiring and driving it today on the same tune i had two test drives where it ran great just like normal, and 3 that without touching the tune stating stumbling and the widebands show 10.9:1 afr on part throttle on one nd 19.6:1 on the other, i have felt that have had an exhaust leak on bank one for awhile. after doing some research it is full possible to dump raw fuel and give a false lean, i think the rewiring is giving some more power to the coils and my "exhaust leak" is actually the engine dumping raw fuel. going to look into this some more but going to swap out my 2 step colders for 1 step colder, coincidentally i did have a two step colder go bad awhile back and swapped in a stock heat range i had in the car. that was on bank 2 and actually shows much more normal on the wideband. i think i actually need to pull alot more fuel since ive also had some stumbling at 15:1 afr at very light tip in so i think this actually what is happening, going to do a little trans fluid in the cylinders just to be sure and make sure they arnt being washed at all swap in the new plugs and also check the coils make sure they arnt weak. hopfully at the end of this i will have a much stronger engine and good to find these things now then at the dyno.

i know its not fuel cell foam holding injectors open because i only have about 2k miles mayby 3k on the cell and have 40 micron filters.

Last edited by jerryd87; 06-10-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:34 PM
jerryd87

Ok well my electrical problems arise again had to bypass ipdm on a couple more things because it wouldn't put out power, the rich thing seems random even with the new plugs it randomly pops up 10.9:1 and cutting 40% fuel dosnt change it then randomly it will run fine so get to figure that out now. Was thinking mayby front o2s but not showing any correction but its only under 20% throttle under load free rev is fine.

edit: fixed it, maf was acting funky and i still had copy through enabled so maf was sending signals to ecu to add additional fuel. disabled it and works fine now.

Last edited by jerryd87; 06-11-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:36 PM
jerryd87

This is the newest addition waiting on 12 position trim pots and the beta for the vq software AEM promised it to me and are now making me go through the retailer for it lol really hard to get real street performance to get back to me. They have vq35's running on this but still working on getting a CAN enabled version out. Been very impressed with the results supra, vipers and even nascar Toyotas are getting with this thing. Have some ideas as well like air to water intercooler with ecu triggered co2 spray. Thing is tiny too just a little bit over 2x the size of my droid DNA with otter box.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:33 PM
ace32x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jerryd87
This is the newest addition waiting on 12 position trim pots and the beta for the vq software AEM promised it to me and are now making me go through the retailer for it lol really hard to get real street performance to get back to me. They have vq35's running on this but still working on getting a CAN enabled version out. Been very impressed with the results supra, vipers and even nascar Toyotas are getting with this thing. Have some ideas as well like air to water intercooler with ecu triggered co2 spray. Thing is tiny too just a little bit over 2x the size of my droid DNA with otter box.
friend has one for his ls swapped s14, hes waiting on a harness aswell that they promised him
Old 07-10-2013, 03:13 PM
jerryd87

i dont even need the harness i have that i just need it to be able to accept the vq cam/crank trigger lol i have a harness already, really busy this week so gona try and wire it up and just double check in the software wizard since they did update it june 10th but you cant access the wizard without a ecu connection
Old 07-11-2013, 08:38 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

good luck getting what you need.

I'm sure you are in a long line.

The AEM slogan is "ETA = Infinity"
Old 07-11-2013, 11:42 AM
jerryd87

lol yah i know they keep delaying the release for the CAN systems but thats all unimportant for me, for most people i would say just go to the proefi or new haltech, just for what i wanted this was the best route or at least what i felt was best. my biggest gripe is they dont really have a change log for software updates just the june 10 update was "added several more cam/crank tigger patterns, vvt wizard and dbw wizard" so honestly it could already be there i just havnt had a chance to hook up power and ground to the ecu to install firmware and check yet, 18 hour days at work every day this week, really wish i was at ford still with those hours haha

what i do know is they have a couple vq's fully functioning at AEM already they are just doing the CAN system so it can be a true standalone

Last edited by jerryd87; 07-11-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:54 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Badass. If I didn't already have my red box, id definitely get an aem. I'm also considering switching to water to air. I want a crash bar on my car and i think thats the only way to really get a lot of cooling in the space...

What do you guys think about nitrous fmic sprayers? Ive heard its better than co2

lol yah i know they keep delaying the release for the CAN systems but thats all unimportant for me, for most people i would say just go to the proefi or new haltech, just for what i wanted this was the best route or at least what i felt was best. my biggest gripe is they dont really have a change log for software updates just the june 10 update was "added several more cam/crank tigger patterns, vvt wizard and dbw wizard" so honestly it could already be there i just havnt had a chance to hook up power and ground to the ecu to install firmware and check yet, 18 hour days at work every day this week, really wish i was at ford still with those hours haha

what i do know is they have a couple vq's fully functioning at AEM already they are just doing the CAN system so it can be a true standalone
Old 07-14-2013, 11:56 PM
jerryd87

might be i would just be a little concerned with the fact your spraying a active gas on it, nitrous in a engine bay and any sort of leak at all in something could cause a very very bad situation.

this is what my dash is looking like now, gotta call aem tomarrow because something is up with the drivers. have no issues with the computer recognizing the infinity and it shows the driver install to be good but still cannot connect, verified all power and ground connections too

Last edited by jerryd87; 07-15-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:15 AM
Resmarted

Badass. If I didn't already have my red box, id definitely get an aem. I'm also considering switching to water to air. I want a crash bar on my car and i think thats the only way to really get a lot of cooling in the space...

What do you guys think about nitrous fmic sprayers? Ive heard its better than co2

Old 07-15-2013, 06:41 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd say he probably chose co2 for availability. Any paintball place (including walmart) fills co2 tanks. Nitrous can be hard to come by and he's in HI so it's probably wicked expensive too.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:28 PM
jerryd87

Im Waiting till I go back to Ohio for the air to water should he a couple months, coulda swore I commented on this but nitrous just worrys me if anything leaks at all nitrous spaying into the engine bay could have bad results.
Originally Posted by binder
I'd say he probably chose co2 for availability. Any paintball place (including walmart) fills co2 tanks. Nitrous can be hard to come by and he's in HI so it's probably wicked expensive too.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Resmarted

Im Waiting till I go back to Ohio for the air to water should he a couple months, coulda swore I commented on this but nitrous just worrys me if anything leaks at all nitrous spaying into the engine bay could have bad results.
Good point binder. I forgot about that... We can get nitrous the same place we can get welding gas.

Jerry i don't think any excess spray into the engine bay would be a bad thing with the mid mount... At least on mine, it would take quite a big shot sprayed directly to atmosphere to worry me. I've been considering buying a nitrous fogger for the last year, but I'm unsure if I'll see any gains
Old 07-15-2013, 02:40 PM
bmyles

Not sure what you would expect to happen if you had a nitrous leak. Nitrous in itself isn't flammable; it's just a catalyst. Even if you had a heat source, there's no fuel...unless you have a massive fuel leak somewhere.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:33 PM
sradenton

Nos is very pricey in Hawaii. I priced a couple places when I was there.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:44 PM
jerryd87

even a small fuel leak, or a oil leak, a ton of things in the engine bay are flammable and N2O could help it catch. plus using co2 i could have a better traction control setup mapping it and using very weak springs in the wastegate. especially going back to ohio where your limited when you could drive the vehicle.
Originally Posted by bmyles
Not sure what you would expect to happen if you had a nitrous leak. Nitrous in itself isn't flammable; it's just a catalyst. Even if you had a heat source, there's no fuel...unless you have a massive fuel leak somewhere.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Resmarted

even a small fuel leak, or a oil leak, a ton of things in the engine bay are flammable and N2O could help it catch. plus using co2 i could have a better traction control setup mapping it and using very weak springs in the wastegate. especially going back to ohio where your limited when you could drive the vehicle.
With a dry kit, that's setup only for a fogger, I think you'd be fine. But as it appears nitrous is wicked expensive over there, so I can't blame you.

Lol I still need to wire up that kit you sold me. Tapped the 1/2" injector spacer and went direct port... So excited that I have it!
Old 07-19-2013, 07:38 AM
SCRoadster

11B but i have no actual firefight experience so i consider myself more as a proxy. sure ive had mortars and rockets damn near hit me and crap but that was on the FOB. they pulled me off the line right away due to my high asvab score and needing someone to work directly for our company XO since my company was kinda scattered. since then each new XO has pretty much said hell no when platoons where wanting me which is fine since im missing a bunch of cartilage in my knees lol

originally i wasnt going to mount the sheet metal but it seemed like a great place for easy access i gotta remount the meth stuff then i can make a cover and ill have my trunk again as well as space behind the driver seat to toss bags and w/e else i need. gona use sealer around the edge of the sheet metal so no vibrations plus will cover the razor edge since its thin aluminum and i just cut it with metal shears
What was your ASVAB score ?
Old 07-19-2013, 08:05 AM
jerryd87

95 percentile, 134 GT score, prob should have spent more then 15 mins on the test.
Originally Posted by SCRoadster
What was your ASVAB score ?

Quick Reply: Back home lets build!