Boosted Performance single turbo fabrication - Page 9 - MY350Z.COM Forums



Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2014, 04:28 PM   #161
IIQuickSilverII
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
 
IIQuickSilverII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arizona -InP-
Posts: 14,545
Thanked 161 Times in 135 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Performance View Post
You can say whatever you want, but just look at post #133 in that thread. It clearly shows that there is a huge difference in performance between OEM headers and after-market headers combined with a larger T4 turbine. If the header is the only changing variable, and significant improvements are noted, then what is so magical about other dyno graphs that are floating around?
Ok so you are comparing dynos of a setup with different turbos, and claiming its the headers????? Seriously man.
Just do the turbo change (t3-to-t4) and you get the improved curve...nobody is arguing the t3 is better ...just the lie that says you can't make 500whp, or headers are a must...
Heck I have custom headers myself, but I don't go around misinforming people saying that if you don't do them you can't get to 500+ whp


Quote:
More PSI doesn't equal more power...more flow equals more power. So when you have restrictive OEM headers or a small turbine, you can have 100psi out of your turbo, but you will still only make as much max power as you did on 10psi, because that is all the headers/turbine can handle. This is a very simple concept.
Thank you Sherlock. Tell. Me something that isn't comin knowledge in this forum since 2005.
Most kits are capable of of flowing enough to get to close yo max out the turbos they are designed for...you don't have to parade or have Jerry try tell people that its BS BECAUSE...actually I don't know what coherent reasoning he can say about it that isn't true.
[/quote]

Quote:
I have EBP printouts from a few runs, both with OEM header and after-market, with small a/r T4 turbines and large T4 a/r turbines. I have shared those with the community, no other turbo kit manufacturer has had the courage to share their R&D on this forum, even when customers ask for it, or question the advertised performance numbers. I call it how I see it, and I am seeing actual data from testing I have done over the years. There is a big difference between that and "I saw it once, so it must be true". I am not singling out any turbo kit,
I don't know who you are talking about the "saw it once"...or what you mean about sharing r&d.. I mean you seriously expect Greddy to com on this site to talk R&D with a bunch of n00bs and nutswingers??? Lol get real man, its just a marketing tool and you do talk down on other kits because, you share facts and blah blah blah...
Plenty of tuners in the past have posted enough dynos 1/4 mile times same as costumers that have just moved on yo other platforms now...most people that are from those days around here still "in" the community remember that well.
IIQuickSilverII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #162
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

hey dick nuts how about taking your own advice 1) ive already done research 2)not only have i done research i HAVE DONE THE **** I TALK ABOUT FIRST HAND, i HAVE experience unlike you. you say im misinformed? prove me wrong, your not going to do that with that shitty turbonetics kit. not only that i know for a FACT no one here has been a part of a 800 whp SINGLE t3 kit like i have. which holds true to what i said before MASSIVE compressor, MASSIVE wastegate to bypass everything that cannot run through the t3 housing and race gas. IN FACT every other platform that runs t3 turbos this isnt even a questionable item they all know the flow limits of a t3 housing is around 500 whp depending on the dyno go ahead and head over to the evo forums, supra forums, the turbo forums(which has ACTUAL turbo engineers from garrett that frequent) they will tell you the same. the ONLY way to get around this is MASSIVE wastegates that NO kit comes with and start bypassing over 60% of the exhaust the engine makes through the wastegate.


go ahead and look at the dynos of them at 500whp the t3 kits ARNT a capable flowing kit they are t3 and since you didnt notice both of rude and julian have already admitted the t3 limits compared to t4. the dynos are peaky as **** and cant sustain the power at all. none of them have track times because none of them will have any noticeable time difference. an extra 30 isnt going to do **** if it only makes that extra power for 300 rpms, shifting will have more of an impact on a race at that point.


titan? show me that now i know your full of **** since i have NEVER seen anything from titan this isnt the supra forums. go pick up the dynos from sound performance, injected and the others please do because that just proves my point you dont know what your talking about even more since they are running t4 turbos or twins.


for one if your running a 76mm turbo and only hitting those numbers, i feel sorry for you thats pitiful and thats giving you the benefit of the doubt that the greenish blue g35 is actually yours. although if you really are running ac(i highly doubt i am intimately familiar with the space in the area the power lab runs.) then where is your condensor?

not only that IF that is you then you are running the shitty "behind the engine" exhaust for the passenger side header resulting in a major loss in efficiency and spool to the already significant hit taken by running such a large turbo when significantly smaller can perform just as good. in this case all this info is telling me you have NEVER built **** and trying to pretend like you know something because you know how to fill out a check. leave the tech talk to people who ACTUALLY build cars otherwise you look stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII View Post
Sheez, the misinformation its worse than in 2006

LOL, do us a favor and do you research before you even speak/write of just stfu. It's cool you want to nutwing on Bp because that was the kit you owned but I have owned and driven on several kits to know your statements are incorrect.


I don't know of any car with a capable flowing kit(most of them since 2008) that can't make 500whp with the fuel system, ems and fuel system... Most dial the psi down due to stock motor.

There are several threads here on cars with dynos and 1/4 track numbers from reputable shops just as sound performance, injected, titan, etc with cars running over 500 whp, this are proven dynos and and 1/4 mile times are too

Since you obviously don't know who I am, if you are trying to attack me at least do your research so you don't sound stupid, I had a Turbonetics kit in 2005-2006....i now run a PL single turbo setup with a 76s turbo and running a 3.5" downloads pipe(that Sasha says its not possible from other kits... I didn't loose ac, didn't have yo relocate radiator, everything is fine...i out 760 who on 91, and pushed it to 967 on race gas, the 91 octane was tested on ums, proefi,and fullrace(bmr) dyno...
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #163
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

and since you have selective memory like a **** here how about i introduce you to a thread. you guys keep getting on sashas nuts about bashing the bp kit but he is by FAR not the first to start it. https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...500-hp-24.html i have actually seen ALOT of ACTUAL customers make the claim seems you both are just nut hugging intense power because the power lab is what they seem to be pushing mostly.

bottom line? sasha actual has TEST DATA from REAL WORLD testing of BOTH t3 AND t4(did you forget he originally used a t3 in his kit and that didnt last long due to the constraints of the housing? oh it seems you did forget that.) someone who denies a EBP test log is just ****ing dumb, seriously that is the best test out there for determining restriction in the system and what EVERY big name company uses. **** some people even tune the car with it(meatbag i believe was setting it up to do so?)


come back when you have actually turned a wrench or better yet built your own turbo kit. so far the only one i have any respect for is julian since he ACTUALLY did ****.
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:58 PM   #164
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

that is a beautiful car................ i would love to have a first gen although i dont think i could do more then a very mild resto mod and just use it as a cruiser. i cant cut up history, its not like the Z where i dont give a **** about anything then going faster.


i run an unsleeved block as well, .0035 clearances on the mains and rods,cosworth oil control baffle, arp mains and l19 head studs with dynosty head gasket. i run about .0025 top gap and .0027 bottom gap for rings. i took my knowledge from domestics and applied it to my Z, i initially had kelford stage 1 na intake and stage 2 FI exhaust cams on order for the car but z1 auto in new york ****ed me and i had to get my money back through the back. needed the car togeather and after putting it togeather the performance i hit made me perfectly happy. frankly the stock heads flow enough for 500 hp NA, the engine just dosnt have enough displacement to do so.


for the rear im retaining the IRS however the diff mount is changing, the rear cover will have bolt on ears similar to how the viper diff mounts in the rear but bolted on vs cast in with heim joints at the top bolting to the cage and the front in place of the ear mounting points i will have brackets bolted in for a four link setup. have the adjustable 4 link for weight transfer for the strip but still retain all the benefits of the IRS. PLUS solve the whole issue of "solid vs brace vs holy **** we fixed it but now cracked the aluminum subframe." got the idea looking at the old vettes and was like "why not do it to the z?, it definitely works"

my car has all the bs ripped out, ive rewired the car for only the essentials. i saved like 100 lbs just ditching all the ac crap. this is the dash to give a general idea although i need to quit messing with the wiring and wrap it already and i ran a 4 inch exhaust out the rocker panel.

so far i ran against a z06 vette from a dig that actually had a 11 second flat time slip(he shipped his car to the big island which has a 1/4 mile strip) and i had 3 car lengths on him when he let up after 1/8th mile and that was on 20 psi. like i said before no one will run me when i turn it up to 32.

comparing my car to hal's we make similar power on high boost but i have a better power band(running a smaller turbo so should be a given) and lighter weight by alot. he has done 9.3 in the quarter so i think i should be able to break into the 8's. if not switching to lexan windows and the redoing the rear suspension will get me there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajersyrat View Post
I now run a 67 Camaro set up for road racing with a full custom frame and cage. It has a pissed off dry sump 383 stroker with a 4.065 bore, nasty cam and weighs about 2500lbs. Jerico 4 speed, 12 bolt with 3.08 gears, 335/35/17 rears..Nasty ****!!


The damn thing scares the hell out of me honestly. I thought the Z was fast but this car is scary cause its so light and glued to the road.



My Z was CP pistons, Pauter H beams,knife edged stock crank, unsleeved stock block, Brian Crower Stage 3 cams and a full head job from Headgames with Ferrea components. The turbos were a bit on the small side to really take advantage of the porting and polishing job on the heads, but the potential was there if I upgraded.

I was running an APS extreme kit, which I believer were GT30r's but on the smaller side. I was in the process of doing a twin front mount with twin GT35RS turbos at the time, when the business fell apart.

The thing that broke on my car was a turbo, that the turbine broke off and sent bearings and material into my oil pan. when I pulled the motor apart it was in pristine condition. Since I didnt have the business any more the wife threatened to cut my nuts off if I spent another penny on the car, so to make her happy I got out of the game cause I also had an Evo at the time and had just had my 2nd child, so out of the car game I went for a few years...

I miss the **** out of my Z. Some kid in western PA has it now..Looks the same except a NA junkyard motor...

If I was gonna buld another Z to drag race only, I would go with a rear back half and a Chevy 12 bolt, TH400 mounted to a VQ3.7L engine and a big *** single turbo up front..And rip all the BS out of the car.

My 10.0 run was definitely a 9 second pass, but believe it or not, I mis-shifted my TH400 from 1 to 2 and slipped into 3 and then pulled back to 2 mid way down the track..A few more weeks I would have had the 2 step dialed in a bit better cause if you look you can see the car launch, then kind of bog then go again..The 2 step I had too much timing being pulled and it killed the 60 foot..And eventually the turbos

The last time I had it out when it broke was an Import Vs Domestic event and I decided to foot brake it and not used the Trans brake, and went 10.27/10.27 and 10.26....then some supra was running 9.90's so I decided to show off and 2 step it on my 4th time trial and bam...The rear of the turbine actually came off and was in the damn down pipe..LOL...
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #165
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

the dyno couldnt pick up my rpm signal so the torque was ****ed up, i added the rpm to the bottom based on stock 5th gear 1:1(4th actually was slipping on the DJ i was on), 3.54 stock rear gear and the 285/30/18 tired i originally ran(and the source to my slipping on the dyno............. low boost would let me start a burn out in first and get to 4th without grabbing they where **** generals. actual torque based on hp should have been around 601 at 4800 give or take a tiny bit. although i largely dont bother with it unless someone asks because it was slipping so bad.

clutch was a single full faced south bend, i bought it for the advertised rating and the cheap price and good things i have always heard about southbend. not its a 6 puck extreme that they informed me "will break the transmission before it slips" and it hasnt yet after break in. the more it slipped the worse it got however thats why we called it good. usually sintered iron is what improves with heat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajersyrat View Post


Does that say 1400ft lbs of TQ? Perhaps that dyno was effed up..Why would it read so high on the TQ and low on the HP?

Was the clutch a dual or triple carbon by any chance? My dual carbon slipped if it was cold, I would have to literally slip it to warm it up then it would hold.
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:12 PM   #166
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

haha in the process of building a firewall for them. at least for now. im tired of ****ing with stainless braided lines, they are bulky and a pain in the *** to build. im going to convert over to hardline staineles and they will go back under the car. my fuel system is a bit over kill running dual -8 an feed, dual bosch 044's and -6 an return however its a test bed until im tired of the vq and it gets put into a s chassis for the wife and the warhawk 427 twin 7675 build starts.


ive been seeing several subframes with the issue recently. ive been able to hold out so far because my stock bushings are still holding. or mayby they are shot i havnt looked recently but i dont have wheel hop i either have traction or i burn the tires off the car not much inbetween.

for my personal cars i never build for a class i simply build what i want to enjoy and race it wherever they let me.

sec ill run down and take pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajersyrat View Post
Please tell me those are not fuel lines on the inside of the car... Get that **** out if it is..No going back on that interior huh? Looks bad ***..

We did see several cracked aluminum subframes on cars back in the days and it was always people who drag raced alot. One of them was a 12 second N/A Z. Do you care about specific classes or not? Cause I believe 4 link is not allowed in certain classes as well as lexan..That puts you in the class with all the 6 second cars if I remember correctly.

Lets see some pics of the engine bay..

BTW this was my Z
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:15 PM   #167
IIQuickSilverII
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
 
IIQuickSilverII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arizona -InP-
Posts: 14,545
Thanked 161 Times in 135 Posts
Default

Wow.. Lol, no I don't drive the green G, I have a 350z...not sure why you keep bringing up the TN kit???... That was proved to be a pos back in 2006...again who here is arguing the benefits of a t3 vs a t4??? Your reading comprehension is lacking little Jerry. All rude showed was a t3 pushing over well over 550whp n stock headers..which was a bp statement that it couldn't unless t4 and stock headers were there... and was incorrect. The smaller gt35r and gt37r got maxed out on the out the box pl kit., and it pushed was capable with the 76s n the green G, showing the kit was able to flow the 76S turbo appropriate with just enough modifications to fit the t4..., I ran custom headers and 3.5" dp

The shops I mention run t4 turbos, good job Sherlock figuring it out...that was not the point, point was they also tuned customers cars on the t3 setups and achieved well over 500 whp for customers, on stock headers(that was the point of the thread)...try and keep up,

Also bp made their statement against any other kits, I run a pl kit but his statements are incorrect against other kits like greddy, aps, momentum.

Nobody here cares about your "respect"...its good you do your own work though, fabrication specially.....

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 06-02-2014 at 05:25 PM.
IIQuickSilverII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:26 PM   #168
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

unfinished pic of the lower plenum i run(im shitty on taking pics of updates.)

quick spool welding stainless with mig, never do that again ill stick with tig. have a tial mvr for the new setup however and the 60 will be a post turbo dump so i can run a quieter exhaust


new fans going in x2


engine bay is rather unassuming.im not into the whole bling bling thing. tore down for the new projects atm.


power steering relocated. have tensioners sitting on counter i need to modify the alternator one.


new cowl induction hood to make room for new intake, and why everthing is coated in bondo dust. hoping to finish at least most of this up today and start the fiberglass mold tomarrow.
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #169
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

nah was definitely just the clutch not up to the job, when i pulled everything apart there where chunks of the clutch stuck to the flywheel where it began to weld itself to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajersyrat View Post
Could be a TO bearing issue. I had that on my Camaro where I actually had to wind up running a .025 spacer in between the tranny and bell housing cause the TO bearing to clutch surface math wasnt adding up. The TO bearing would pre load the clutch fingers and it would slip when I ripped on it.
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:39 PM   #170
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

why not post track times then? dynos are variable this is known, like i said i know right now a dyno i could post a 500 whp dyno of the stillen under VERY limited test conditions dosnt mean i should market that unless im trying to scam people. i suppose you dont know jeff binder, who had his car at hals and even with a t4 6765 couldnt push past 550 whp on stock headers and jumped 100 whp swapping to aftermarket. dynos from the same manufacturer can vary as much as 15% dosnt mean we should take the high reading dynos as gospel like you seem dead set to do. the one with the lack of reading comprehension is yourself. for EVERY dyno exceeding 550 whp on stock headers i can provide you a dozen people who COULDNT with the exact same setups. know what that means? ill help you its called high reading dynos which is normal they happen. if you EVER actually built anything yourself you would know this. fact is stock headers arnt going to push past 550 for the majority of users and those that do? well they arnt going to perform any better then the other guys. there isnt any magic spell to magically make it work. everyone using the same parts their performance will be similar. the changes in the tuning will be minimal. the track is the real measure of performance and its funny you cant provide ANY of those cars on the track performing where they should be for the extra power they make.

no idea on any comments from him on any of the other kits you listen i really dont pay much attention julian is the one who caught my eye because he seems similar to myself. the reason no one cares is because this forum is a forum of trolls now, nothing innovative will ever come from here again because those members have left and the ones remaining cant do **** themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII View Post
Wow.. Lol, no I don't drive the green G, I have a 350z...not sure why you keep bringing up the TN kit???... That was proved to be a pos back in 2006...again who here is arguing the benefits of a t3 vs a t4??? Your reading comprehension is lacking little Jerry. All rude showed was a t3 pushing over well over 550whp n stock headers..which was a bp statement that it couldn't unless t4 and stock headers were there... and was incorrect. The smaller gt35r and gt37r got maxed out on the out the box pl kit., and it pushed was capable with the 76s n the green G, showing the kit was able to flow the 76S turbo appropriate with just enough modifications to fit the t4..., I ran custom headers and 3.5" dp

The shops I mention run t4 turbos, good job Sherlock figuring it out...that was not the point, point was they also tuned customers cars on the t3 setups and achieved well over 500 whp for customers, on stock headers(that was the point of the thread)...try and keep up,

Also bp made their statement against any other kits, I run a pl kit but his statements are incorrect against other kits like greddy, aps, momentum.

Nobody here cares about your "respect"...its good you do your own work though, fabrication specially.....
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:42 PM   #171
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

the funny thing is my stock 03(non cd009) had held up just fine. and with a little machining the early transmissions can be converted to the cd009 syncros which is the only real issue with them. sound performance ran over 1200 whp on one. looking into the transmission i might be able to convert them over to a true sequential shift also and PAG makes dog box gears for them. this is something i just started looking into in the past couple days though so not sure what will come of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajersyrat View Post
I had a pretty trick TH400 set up for the Z done if you need pics of it. We had ProTQ build us a custom converter to fit right onto a Nissan flex plate..It was self centering and properly spaced. Pretty much idiot proof. I might even still have the custom drive shaft somewhere in my shed.. If your gonna do drag racing, screw that Nissan 6 speed, it falls apart and no one rebuilds them. Go TH400 with a trans brake.
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #172
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

i enjoy the 6 speed for now though lol mayby after my knee cant take it anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajersyrat View Post
Cheaper,more consistent times and longevity are some of the perks of a TH400. Just sayin...
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:44 PM   #173
IIQuickSilverII
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
 
IIQuickSilverII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arizona -InP-
Posts: 14,545
Thanked 161 Times in 135 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajersyrat View Post
I made this on a crap TN kit and built motor...

[IMG][/IMG]

Ad 13% for Dyno Jet numbers so your looking at 544 to the wheels on pump gas on a crap Turbonetic kit. It was modified a bit to have dual open wastegates. (dont ask...)
I remember that, it was better than anything Craig and Jermey did with the tn kit
IIQuickSilverII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:50 PM   #174
IIQuickSilverII
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
 
IIQuickSilverII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arizona -InP-
Posts: 14,545
Thanked 161 Times in 135 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryd87 View Post
...and its funny you cant provide ANY of those cars on the track performing where they should be for the extra power they make...
Ugh...again, i said the sam thing... I couldn't are more about track times being a true measure, I wouldn't be arguing just on dynos, I've seen the cars push 10-11 seconds... that all they had a legal cage for... there even used to be some videos on line, and time sheets were posted here several times ago...I believe there used to be a thread with the track times and posted time slip scans....i don't have the time to go look for you, do it yourself...julian probably remembers

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 06-02-2014 at 06:52 PM.
IIQuickSilverII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:02 PM   #175
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

actually no time slips have been posted to back you up and ive been through this forum countless times and nothing pops up. why? because the cars they where actually taking to the track where t4 cars not ragged out t3 that where struggling to put out some number on a high reading dyno to make a shop look like they had some magic spell to make the cars somehow bypass physics and fluidynamics.

in fact a thread DOES exist and none of the t3 cars are posting 10 second time slips the CLOSEST was a 11 flat with a gt37 which was a optional turbo and ive only seen one mayby two of them., all the rest of the single turbo t3 cars are running in the 12s and mid 11's several on all out built cars posting times that are seen on this platform with 480ish hp from cars that are supposedly making over 500. treating them like the gospel and rule instead of the exception they are, and the exception due to very selective testing conditions. fact is you and rude call me a BP nut hugger(how does that even make ****ing sense when i dont even run his product anymore and producing a product that will compete with his?) yet are swinging with huge *** smiles on your face from intense and powerlabs nuts. seriously i have never seen so much of it my entire time on this forum until you two.

FACT your attempting to go off of memory and your memory is **** because your not even close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII View Post
Ugh...again, i said the sam thing... I couldn't are more about track times being a true measure, I wouldn't be arguing just on dynos, I've seen the cars push 10-11 seconds... that all they had a legal cage for... there even used to be some videos on line, and time sheets were posted here several times ago...I believe there used to be a thread with the track times and posted time slip scans....i don't have the time to go look for you, do it yourself...julian probably remembers

Last edited by jerryd87; 06-02-2014 at 07:08 PM.
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:26 PM   #176
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

most hysterical part of this entire thing? quicksilver and rude are actually driving customers to sasha and i have been getting pm's from people asking me about the kit.
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:36 AM   #177
IIQuickSilverII
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
 
IIQuickSilverII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arizona -InP-
Posts: 14,545
Thanked 161 Times in 135 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryd87 View Post
actually no time slips have been posted to back you up and ive been through this forum countless times and nothing pops up. why? because the cars they where actually taking to the track where t4 cars not ragged out t3 that where struggling to put out some number on a high reading dyno to make a shop look like they had some magic spell to make the cars somehow bypass physics and fluidynamics.

in fact a thread DOES exist and none of the t3 cars are posting 10 second time slips the CLOSEST was a 11 flat with a gt37 which was a optional turbo and ive only seen one mayby two of them., all the rest of the single turbo t3 cars are running in the 12s and mid 11's several on all out built cars posting times that are seen on this platform with 480ish hp from cars that are supposedly making over 500. treating them like the gospel and rule instead of the exception they are, and the exception due to very selective testing conditions. fact is you and rude call me a BP nut hugger(how does that even make ****ing sense when i dont even run his product anymore and producing a product that will compete with his?) yet are swinging with huge *** smiles on your face from intense and powerlabs nuts. seriously i have never seen so much of it my entire time on this forum until you two.

FACT your attempting to go off of memory and your memory is **** because your not even close.

I don't know what you are calling inflated.... the dynos comes from several shops withers that produce numbers at track about it...I don hang around my350z that much for year to go and look back at for the time slops for you... you weren't in this forum back then when they were posted... heck...Alberto managed to get 10s with. turbonetics kit and stock motor.

You keep trying to make this a powerlab things BP.... but jut as stupid as you trying to make it look like I am arguing t3 vs t4..that is not the case....
Again, point of the thread was are stock headers needed, and the answer is no... do they help, somewhat on spool ...big difference is the turbo.... you know this shlt so stfu
IIQuickSilverII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:47 AM   #178
IIQuickSilverII
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
 
IIQuickSilverII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arizona -InP-
Posts: 14,545
Thanked 161 Times in 135 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajersyrat View Post
That at least there is one positive outcome from this thread going off topic

BTW that TN single T3 dyno I posted was a dyno dynamic number.. Ad 13% to simulate dynojet, so that car was making about 550 on pump gas. Little T3 and the worst one on the market no less..The kit was modified to have twin wastegates cause the TN kit loved to boost creep and overboost. also might have had an open dump and redesigned downpipe. Cant remember.
Well if he keep arguing made up point it will continue to go that way,.... the point was stock headers, an making 500whp...jerry went of the deep end, calling dynos bs, t3 vs t4, Pl vs bp.....and got Bathurst cause called him a nut swinger, and he has his tools and wrenches, blah blah lol
He already liked stupid thinking I had a TN kit, then tried to come back back making up arguments nobody was discusing


I remember your dyno numbers Julian, its good you have the picks to post them handy... but according to jerry, that is also BS, because its not a dyno he is familiar, you were inflating numbers, you applied smoothing....those numes, yours cars, Doug, romes are bs if you go by his comments of dynos.
We know none of that true, your dyno was always consistent, we know of several other zero smoothing SAE dynojets that produced numbers and were backed up with numbers.

People posted their times in threads that are not 2 years old and don't remember enough, I didn't save the time slip pics, but it showed them making the power, not just for the actual time, but top speed at the 1/4 mile (~135mph)...but all have moved out of the forum the past 3 years... then this kid jerry sows up and acts like he can't fin the numbers..... in other platforms with similar whop numbers t3s have achieved the numbers to back up 500+whp...too, so why is bs here. Its been proven several times...

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 06-03-2014 at 06:03 AM.
IIQuickSilverII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:06 AM   #179
IIQuickSilverII
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
 
IIQuickSilverII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arizona -InP-
Posts: 14,545
Thanked 161 Times in 135 Posts
Default

^^

I know...we had this discussions back in the days to verify dyno numbers, several threads to prove the results, your dyno was one of the most legit, but Tell that to Jerry...

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 06-03-2014 at 07:11 AM.
IIQuickSilverII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:11 AM   #180
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
iTrader: (1)
 
RudeG_v2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,801
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryd87 View Post
Roid infused rant well **** guess i need some roids yo validate your arguement. The ONLY one here with **** reading comprehension is yourself. He stated that x power is not possible on a t3 on these engines. THE FACT is that you got a bug up your *** about this and started bashing him providing VERY select dynos, with VERY rare instances. YOUR ENTIRE arguement valids his point of view that it was in a time when everyone was trying to one up each other on race gas. They used slect parts an optimized for THEIR dyno. YOUR arguement is literally the exact same as popping in and telling people the DE will support mid 500s stocl block because a couple people did it. Its not going to happen for most people, Hell its not going to happen for even 5% of people. NONE of these individuals provided any REAL benchmark other then dynos to even compare to. You know the REAL benchmark for power, the track. Your defending them without having any real details about what they did. HELL i bet i could post up a 500whp stillen kit( i know for sure i can because i have experience with the blower on ecotecs) on racegas spinning it so high it wont last long on a VERY select dyno of my choosing. So does that mean i should advertise that to customers and esentially scam them? Thats what your defending, you bash certain shops like GTM for scamming people(i do too the really have no ****ing clue what they are doing) but then defend others for using the same practices. What i DO care about is dumbasses spouting off without any real knowledge of their own. I mean **** quicksilver is running a turbonetics kit and we are supposed to take him seriously? Really? If anything he is upset because he made the worst decision possible.



This is why my350z is made fun of just like nico club now because the only people left are checkbook tuners, trolls, and people who talk alot of **** based on something they read online but have no real world experience on the subject
LMAO You are clueless and WAY off base. I've "got a bug" up my *** because Sasha essentially called me a liar too.

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...headers-7.html

I was present for much of the R&D with the PL kit and was present for many of the dynos. Your assertion that I'm defending or nuthugging PL without having any real details is ridiculous. I was there and saw the testing firsthand. As I result, I saw firsthand what the stock exhaust manifolds are capable of. Jason Siebels of ProEFI did the tuning on that car. After the dyno testing, the widebody G was daily street driven by Han Wong for quite a while (also witnessed firsthand). Oh, and your comments about not setting any real benchmarks is ridiculous. The dynos were the first attempt to test the limits of stock sleeves. Nobody had attempted that much power on stock sleeves before. So between the testing with the stock exhaust manifolds and the stock sleeves, much was learned from those dynos. In hindsight do I wish they had done some testing to see what they could max on 91 octane pump gas? You betcha. I think Intense/PL wishes they had too. It would have hopefully prevented a lot of this BS drama years later. But do I think Intense/PL tried to scam or deceive the community? Absolutely not. I have always been harsh and outspoken against shady shops who scam customers. If I had reasonable suspicion that the dynos were bogus or that their marketing campaign was deceitful, I would have called them out on it, thrown them under the bus on the forums, and severed all ties with them. As a LEO, I have zero tolerance for thieves and scammers. Anybody who knows me can vouch for this.

Your assertion that the dyno was a high reading dyno is also incorrect. That DJ dyno is on par with the average DJ and doesn't give outrageously inflated numbers. The baseline dyno on my bone stock 370Z on that same dyno was 282whp, which is consistent with the averages seen around the country for a 6MT 370Z. On the other hand, I have seen Sasha and the BP nuthuggers using results on Hal's notoriously low reading and self proclaimed "Sandbagger" DD dyno to attempt to discredit results made on other dynos with stock exhaust manifolds and/or T3 turbo kits. The fact is that there have been multiple 500+whp pump gas dynos posted on T3 ST kits from multiple sources, some of which have stock exhaust manifolds. It is not as much of a white unicorn as you or Sasha proclaim it to be. Only a few examples have been provided of guys having issues making the power they expected... and most were on Hal's dyno. Hell, there aren't that many total on this forum of guys pushing 500-600+whp on a built motor with any ST kit regardless of brand. So your assertions that less than 5% are making 500+whp with T3 ST kits is silly when there are so few people attempting to push their ST kits to 500+whp regardless of brand or turbine housing size. Taking that into consideration, this quote by you is laughable horse crap...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryd87 View Post
for EVERY dyno exceeding 550 whp on stock headers i can provide you a dozen people who COULDNT with the exact same setups.
Good luck finding those "dozens" of people. You'll have a challenge to find dozens of DE motor guys running a ST on a built block, let alone with exact same setups.

AGAIN... NOBODY CLAIMED OR IS ARGUING THAT A T3 TURBO WILL MAKE THE SAME OR MORE POWER THAN A T4 TURBO! The issue is the propaganda campaign by BP and their nuthuggers that 500+whp is not possible on stock headers and that PL/Intense tried to deceive the VQ community with their dyno results. I wish BP and their supporters would have let the BP kit sell on its own merits without resorting to spreading false info and smearing their competitors. It is unfortunate.

As for track times, I agree that there has been a lack of impressive track results for any of the production ST kits on a built motor setup. However, at least some of them are on the list (PL, TN, and APS). I'm still waiting to see a single BP kit on the overall Top 25 list or even the ST drag list.

https://my350z.com/forum/drag/233840...ons-stock.html

LOL @ your ignorant comments about Jorge (IIQuickSilverII) and his Z. He had a TN kit a looonnng time ago before the release of the PL kit. He now has a fully built PL setup with the 76S turbo. He made 759whp on pump and 967whp with race gas.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 06-03-2014 at 11:03 AM.
RudeG_v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Autocross Brake Pads hajwoj Autocross/Road 27 11-01-2015 05:25 PM
My FI friends, im at a loss of whats causing my issues. i turn to you. Colombo Forced Induction 29 10-10-2015 02:31 PM


Tags
2004, 275, 3432020, 350z, 370z, boosted, iphone, kit, mid, mount, my350z, performance, piping, price, single, turbo, turbos

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:22 PM.


Copyright 2002 - 2017, MY350Z.COM All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send