Boosted Performance single turbo fabrication - Page 8 - MY350Z.COM Forums



Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2014, 08:39 PM   #141
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
iTrader: (1)
 
RudeG_v2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,801
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Performance View Post
The customers with larger (67/75mm turbos) get 3.5" down pipes, and there is just no way to run that size of down pipe with an engine bay turbo.
That's not true. The PowerLab cars with the 76S turbo have 3.5" downpipes. Aftermarket headers provide enough clearance.

https://my350z.com/forum/shop-builds...p-video-5.html

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 06-01-2014 at 11:41 PM.
RudeG_v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:59 PM   #142
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

i had the kit for awhile because i dont car about peak numbers yes my car makes high peak numbers, not up with any records though. i am all about average power aka power under the curve. originally his kit let me do that. the only issue ive had with the kit is hawaii is very sandy so the filter became partially clogged quickly and i ran into issues with the restriction is caused when running about 26 psi. as far as scraping or anything else of that nature possibly endangering the turbo ive never ever had a issue. i know corvettes due to space constraints in the engine bay run mostly rear mounts and never seen them have issues. the STS kits actually have a much better name in the domestic market then here.

now however my front mount setup is doing what your talking about. 36 inch long primarys enable peak torque to happen at 5800 rpms. combined with quick spool(not the sound performance setup, i run wastegates for it) should enable a beastly power band and minimize sacrifices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajersyrat View Post
1-I dont like the fact of having to rely on a secondary oil pump to scavenge the oil from the turbo to the motor.

2-I dont like having the turbo next to the transmission just waiting for a speed bump or road debris to rip your entire turbo and oiling system off the car.(perhaps they have magical roads in Canada, Aye..)

3-its just ugly IMHO

4-the designer smeared others kits to market his kit, I know form personal experience that only comes back to bite you on the ***.

5-Its just a stupid stupid stupid design...

6-Why would you want to retain the OEM exhaust components at all if you were building a serious turbo car?


If I did a 350Z all over again, a set of custom long tube headers to a front mount turbo set up. Putting a turbo under a car is just asking for problems, I dont care how easy the install is. If modding a car was supposed to be easy, everyone would have 700hp cars..

Last edited by jerryd87; 06-01-2014 at 09:01 PM.
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:09 PM   #143
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

also for what its worth trying to act bad *** with a t3 turbo going on about "yah i got the low power level that is perfectly achievable on pump gas but i had to use race gas!" should make the person supporting it embarrassed. frankly the dynos that i have seen pertaining to the arguement, the turbos are so strung out that the power band is **** and they only hit that peak for a moment and see 90% power for only a fraction of their power band. thats nothing to brand about.

however frankly i expect it from Z owners, what ive seen is they dont mod their cars with any sense they just go with what everyone else does or a single shop posts something stupid and everyone hops on. i see all the time people grabbing the biggest cams they can find, X intake, and X headers without any thought to how the parts need to work together. trying to talk any sense into them results in "but its FI its pressurized it dosnt need to have parts matched!" ignoring the fact that even a NA engine is technically pressurized and it that where true pro shops wouldnt put hundreds of thousands into development.
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:16 PM   #144
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

my bolt on core support with tilted radiator offers plenty of room. the fiberglass unit takes up a ton of space. when i get back to ohio and actually have room for a mill i will offer a kit for the power steering relocation as well although its possible to do it without this running the exhaust up like the aps runs the charge pipe although hardly ideal.

this is still the prototype sorry the picture is upside down but there is enough room for the turbo easily even with my dual 4 inch thick 12 inch diameter fans that pull almost 1900 cfm each......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Performance View Post
With all the turbo kits I have sold, there hasn't been a single pump issue. A couple of customers had the turbo fail (thrust bearings), but not a single pump. That should tell you how reliable these pumps are. Read up on the Exa pump, and you will understand why. Or better yet, do what I did..take one apart if you are not convinced that these things are bullet proof.



Again, you don't know anything about the kit, and the layout. You will take out your oil pan before you take out anything else on the kit. All the components sit above the subframe, so clearance is great.

Not a great picture, but it shows how high everything is (note the turbo height in reference to the front aluminium sub-frame, and then let me know how it would be possible to have anything hit it).







Not sure how many will agree with that...biggest complaint from customers is that everything is tucked away, and they can't show it off.







I see that you and RudeG are BFF's now.



Another thought provoking argument!



This is another point that shows your lack of knowledge when it comes to after market performance. Every kit that has ever been built for this platform is made to bolt up to the OEM exhaust/converters. Is it a good idea? Of course not, because it will hinder performance. But that is something most people already know. I tell all my customers with built engines to upgrade the headers as well, since the OEM's are poorly designed and don't flow well at all. OEM headers have an 8" long section that measures just over 1.5" inside diameter...these are garbage and are just barely good enough for stock block power.

Here is a comparison of DE headers (left with 1.65" diameter outlet) to HR/VHR headers on the right (2.2" diameter outlet):



I don't think I need to explain this picture:




There is no need to upgrade the HR/VHR headers at all, since they are built well by Nissan. So, yes, I have done my homework.



Good luck with that. There is just not enough room for forward facing LTH...unless you do some very extensive engine bay modifications. There is no market for this, because most customers don't want to completely tare up their car. I am of course looking at it from a business perspective, and not a one of set-up.

Last edited by jerryd87; 06-01-2014 at 09:24 PM.
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:54 PM   #145
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
iTrader: (1)
 
RudeG_v2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,801
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryd87 View Post
also for what its worth trying to act bad *** with a t3 turbo going on about "yah i got the low power level that is perfectly achievable on pump gas but i had to use race gas!" should make the person supporting it embarrassed. frankly the dynos that i have seen pertaining to the arguement, the turbos are so strung out that the power band is **** and they only hit that peak for a moment and see 90% power for only a fraction of their power band. thats nothing to brand about.

however frankly i expect it from Z owners, what ive seen is they dont mod their cars with any sense they just go with what everyone else does or a single shop posts something stupid and everyone hops on. i see all the time people grabbing the biggest cams they can find, X intake, and X headers without any thought to how the parts need to work together. trying to talk any sense into them results in "but its FI its pressurized it dosnt need to have parts matched!" ignoring the fact that even a NA engine is technically pressurized and it that where true pro shops wouldnt put hundreds of thousands into development.
Sounds like you bought into the false narrative and smear campaign that has been propagated on this forum by a select few about how T3 kits were marketed. Showing what a kit can do maxed out on race gas is hardly embarrassing, shameful, or misleading as it has been twisted by some much later in the game. Nobody ever claimed or insinuated that a T3 turbo will make more power than a T4. FWIW, the T4 76S version was also shown maxed out with race gas numbers. They didn't market the T4 version any differently than the T3. Back in those days (before you joined this forum), all the big shops were showcasing their big builds maxed out on race gas. Back then everyone was trying to achieve new dyno records on TT and ST kits. Bragging rights on pump gas wasn't a hot topic back then. It didn't become a popular discussion until later, and much more so when the OP started promoting his kit years later.

I do agree with you about the demographic of Z owners, particularly in the FI section of this forum. The overwhelming majority are noobish and naive sheeple who don't have a clue. For example, they'll read the inaccurate statement made above by the OP about 3.5" downpipes and figure that it's true because a sponsor/vendor said it. They won't take the time or make the effort to research old threads and see that the PL kit was able to fit a 3.5" downpipe with aftermarket headers.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 06-01-2014 at 11:27 PM.
RudeG_v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:51 PM   #146
IIQuickSilverII
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
 
IIQuickSilverII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arizona -InP-
Posts: 14,545
Thanked 161 Times in 135 Posts
Default

Yeah.. That's the issue I have ...op talking too much and posting inaccurate comments about other turbo kits, or talk of some great achievements when in fact its been done several times already on this platform...but if anybody does it in his kit, its a sensitive issue.....and noobs simply don't know better.

I certainly wouldn't put a1000$ turbo in the place most likely to get screwed up on a lowered car....and with all the R&D of car manufacturers, nobody put it there. But its another option, and at the end of the day I applaud anybody taking the fi road.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 06-01-2014 at 11:57 PM.
IIQuickSilverII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:20 AM   #147
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

bought into? how about you educate yourself and quit being a nut hugger the FACT is that what sasha markets is KNOWN along MANY platforms. go over to the turbo forums with people who ACTUALLY know turbos and tell them how great your t3 is and you will be laughed away. the FACT is the kits maxed on on race gas puts out **** numbers. literally they make what my wastegate does or less and NONE of them make the 850 i make, which i make on pump. the FACT is that what has been insinuated is that a t3 makes **** power and cant hit a number. which is 95% TRUE, the only ones doing that are making that power with very selective parts, something this community dosnt know **** about. ON TOP OF THAT the ones that DID had a **** power band and DESPITE the dyno(which dont actually mean **** just so you know)you would hardly notice the difference between the ones at 500 hp and 550 whp because they make it for a short time and the car would NEVER see that on the street or track.

im not defending sasha frankly i could care less i dont run his kit anymore i run my own setup. is his setup pretty damn easy to install? yes, does he have great customer service? damn straight, would i recommend his setup for the general z owner who dosnt care about max performance? sure why not. what i am presenting is that the limits are well known of the t3 setups across MANY platforms and the instances that counter what has been said are VERY few and far between and frankly not even worth mentioning because the turbos are so strung out. if you educated yourself on the subject instead of "but omgz this person made it this one time on race gas and was soo leet" you would know that the platforms that run t3 to make power run MASSIVE wasetgates, HUGE compressors, and 4 port boost control solenoids in order to make it work something that NO manufacturer or shop has done with the Z.

i might have only been on this site for a few years but i have been doing **** with cars for AWHILE now which is why my engine, built in a parking lot, has outlasted many of the "OG's" engines and despite people hopping into my threads about engine building and the such telling me how wrong i am has shown i actually know wtf im talking about, and its not from reading **** either, some of my knowledge might have started there but i got out there and did it and watched it happen instead of just talking about it online.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0 View Post
Sounds like you bought into the false narrative and smear campaign that has been propagated on this forum by a select few about how T3 kits were marketed. Showing what a kit can do maxed out on race gas is hardly embarrassing, shameful, or misleading as it has been twisted by some much later in the game. Nobody ever claimed or insinuated that a T3 turbo will make more power than a T4. FWIW, the T4 76S version was also shown maxed out with race gas numbers. They didn't market the T4 version any differently than the T3. Back in those days (before you joined this forum), all the big shops were showcasing their big builds maxed out on race gas. Back then everyone was trying to achieve new dyno records on TT and ST kits. Bragging rights on pump gas wasn't a hot topic back then. It didn't become a popular discussion until later, and much more so when the OP started promoting his kit years later.

I do agree with you about the demographic of Z owners, particularly in the FI section of this forum. The overwhelming majority are noobish and naive sheeple who don't have a clue. For example, they'll read the inaccurate statement made above by the OP about 3.5" downpipes and figure that it's true because a sponsor/vendor said it. They won't take the time or make the effort to research old threads and see that the PL kit was able to fit a 3.5" downpipe with aftermarket headers.
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:30 AM   #148
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

again people talk about sasha posting incorrect information yet then post incorrect information. the turbo on my wifes escape is only a couple inchs higher then on my Z. ford has no issue putting it there. the turbos on the fiesta are only about 1.5 inchs higher. "low mount" turbos happen quite often in the oem's dont mount the turbos as high as people seem to think they do. he has sold ALOT of kits now and no one anywhere has posted damaging a turbo. having actually HAD this kit and driving i happen to know first hand the only way your going to hit the turbo on anything is if your rock crawling in your Z, then i simply ask, how the **** did you get it up the first rock? in fact after my first modification to install quick spool i had to mount one of the wastegates about 2 inchs lower then the bottom of the turbo and THAT never even saw and contact.

in fact the only thing i have ever had contact with was the open dump tube(which he designs to point to the rear of the car and i had pointed straight down) and even that only had about a inch of scrape on a 4 inch long tube.

fact is people ***** about him going off on a smear campaign but then are doing the very same thing. worse yet? the people doing it have no personal experience to say either way. if ANYONE should be trying to find deficiency's and posting them it would be me since i will soon be in competition with him in a limited aspect. ESPECIALLY when i have been BANNED for insulting vendors for ********ting. fact is i actually build stuff and comment about the quality of his work and what the kit is capable of as had hal one of the most respected builders here. which means the two of you for some reason have a bug up your ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII View Post
Yeah.. That's the issue I have ...op talking too much and posting inaccurate comments about other turbo kits, or talk of some great achievements when in fact its been done several times already on this platform...but if anybody does it in his kit, its a sensitive issue.....and noobs simply don't know better.

I certainly wouldn't put a1000$ turbo in the place most likely to get screwed up on a lowered car....and with all the R&D of car manufacturers, nobody put it there. But its another option, and at the end of the day I applaud anybody taking the fi road.

Last edited by jerryd87; 06-02-2014 at 01:32 AM.
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:23 AM   #149
IIQuickSilverII
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
 
IIQuickSilverII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arizona -InP-
Posts: 14,545
Thanked 161 Times in 135 Posts
Default

It's nt a smear campaign

Look at this thread

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...headers-8.html

It's. Full on BS, calling other kits dynos BS...and n00bs again don't know better....and his "evidence" is full of crap, in fact it makes me almost wonder if he even knows what he is talking like how the pulses equalize spooling a turbo, or he simply is on a smear campaign of his own proving BS out there... All his evidence shows is the more psi the more power...there no other difference there to compare, so he either doesn't know or he is just being disingenuous.

Like you said, he has no experience to talk about other kits, if he was going to do that and then jump on this thread as the victim then he is full of it.

I know hal too budy,....so what? Lol
IIQuickSilverII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:08 AM   #150
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
iTrader: (1)
 
RudeG_v2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,801
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryd87 View Post
bought into? how about you educate yourself and quit being a nut hugger the FACT is that what sasha markets is KNOWN along MANY platforms. go over to the turbo forums with people who ACTUALLY know turbos and tell them how great your t3 is and you will be laughed away. the FACT is the kits maxed on on race gas puts out **** numbers. literally they make what my wastegate does or less and NONE of them make the 850 i make, which i make on pump. the FACT is that what has been insinuated is that a t3 makes **** power and cant hit a number. which is 95% TRUE, the only ones doing that are mnarrative that power with very selective parts, something this community dosnt know **** about. ON TOP OF THAT the ones that DID had a **** power band and DESPITE the dyno(which dont actually mean **** just so you know)you would hardly notice the difference between the ones at 500 hp and 550 whp because they make it for a short time and the car would NEVER see that on the street or track.

im not defending sasha frankly i could care less i dont run his kit anymore i run my own setup. is his setup pretty damn easy to install? yes, does he have great customer service? damn straight, would i recommend his setup for the general z owner who dosnt care about max performance? sure why not. what i am presenting is that the limits are well known of the t3 setups across MANY platforms and the instances that counter what has been said are VERY few and far between and frankly not even worth mentioning because the turbos are so strung out. if you educated yourself on the subject instead of "but omgz this person made it this one time on race gas and was soo leet" you would know that the platforms that run t3 to make power run MASSIVE wasetgates, HUGE compressors, and 4 port boost control solenoids in order to make it work something that NO manufacturer or shop has done with the Z.

i might have only been on this site for a few years but i have been doing **** with cars for AWHILE now which is why my engine, built in a parking lot, has outlasted many of the "OG's" engines and despite people hopping into my threads about engine building and the such telling me how wrong i am has shown i actually know wtf im talking about, and its not from reading **** either, some of my knowledge might have started there but i got out there and did it and watched it happen instead of just talking about it online.
WTF? Nice emotional rant (even though you're not defending Sasha and supposedly couldn't care less ). Your reading comprehension sucks ****. LOL Nuthugging the T3? Another swing and a miss. I have aftermarket headers and a T4, which I decided on long before Sasha started selling the BP kit. Again, since you completely missed the point... the T3 was never marketed as superior to T4 and the race gas numbers were during an era in this community when shops/people were trying to one-up each other in the whp war with kits maxed out on race gas. I never said it was the right or wrong thing to do. I was just providing some historical context about the forum and the VQ market at that time, which was overlooked or dismissed because it doesn't fit certain folk's agendas to smear other ST kits. And your roid infused rant doesn't change the fact that Sasha created his own false narrative about other ST kits on the market (particularly PL) as he asserted a malicious twist on how those old race gas numbers were presented and insinuated that there was deception involved in how their kits were marketed.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 06-02-2014 at 06:31 AM.
RudeG_v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:42 AM   #151
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,782
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII View Post
It's nt a smear campaign

Look at this thread

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...headers-8.html

It's. Full on BS, calling other kits dynos BS...and n00bs again don't know better....and his "evidence" is full of crap, in fact it makes me almost wonder if he even knows what he is talking like how the pulses equalize spooling a turbo, or he simply is on a smear campaign of his own proving BS out there... All his evidence shows is the more psi the more power...there no other difference there to compare, so he either doesn't know or he is just being disingenuous.

Like you said, he has no experience to talk about other kits, if he was going to do that and then jump on this thread as the victim then he is full of it.

I know hal too budy,....so what? Lol

You can say whatever you want, but just look at post #133 in that thread. It clearly shows that there is a huge difference in performance between OEM headers and after-market headers combined with a larger T4 turbine. If the header is the only changing variable, and significant improvements are noted, then what is so magical about other dyno graphs that are floating around?

More PSI doesn't equal more power...more flow equals more power. So when you have restrictive OEM headers or a small turbine, you can have 100psi out of your turbo, but you will still only make as much max power as you did on 10psi, because that is all the headers/turbine can handle. This is a very simple concept.

I have EBP printouts from a few runs, both with OEM header and after-market, with small a/r T4 turbines and large T4 a/r turbines. I have shared those with the community, no other turbo kit manufacturer has had the courage to share their R&D on this forum, even when customers ask for it, or question the advertised performance numbers. I call it how I see it, and I am seeing actual data from testing I have done over the years. There is a big difference between that and "I saw it once, so it must be true". I am not singling out any turbo kit, but making a blanket statement about ST kits for those that are on the market (because you do know that there is more than one), and for those that choose to build their own kits from scratch.

I have had countless people PM me here asking what I think they should do when building their own kit...and I have been happy to get back to them. I tell them the same thing I just posted up...don't use a small turbine, and upgrade your headers.


More recent tests of the twin scroll kits for the 370Z's will tell you that a 1.15 a/r T4 turbine is approaching it's flow limitation on a stock block at 540whp and 470ft/tq. So for anybody with a built VHR block, to go anything smaller than a T4 1.32 a/r would be just wrong. Same thing for the 350Z kits, although on a stock block a 1.0 a/r T4 turbine would do just fine. Again, all this stems from actual data/testing gathered.
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:59 AM   #152
CertifiedG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm so ready for my mid mount kit for my G! What's the eta in making more kits for the g35/350z?
CertifiedG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:15 AM   #153
KingBaby
Hardest Setting
iTrader: (3)
 
KingBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MexiCali dodging potholes
Posts: 13,260
Thanked 65 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajersyrat View Post
Well perhaps you and Super mod Romey could have me banned again and then orchestrate a 36 page thread of lies bashing me with me not being able to defend myself against the liable and slander? Im guessing when Romey and Sam turned the entire community against me they didn't tell the truth, it wasn't until I found a video that told the truth that Romey admitted it was his own fault.
I don't frequent the FI section! Too many ways to make power to defend one way of thinking/application. I don't see you getting banned, if you keep it tactful. If anything pm me we'll get banned together!
KingBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:27 AM   #154
KingBaby
Hardest Setting
iTrader: (3)
 
KingBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MexiCali dodging potholes
Posts: 13,260
Thanked 65 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryd87 View Post
i generally dont bother coming on this useless forum anymore except to browse classifieds.
Only useless, if you don't use it...

KingBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:12 PM   #155
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Roid infused rant well **** guess i need some roids yo validate your arguement. The ONLY one here with **** reading comprehension is yourself. He stated that x power is not possible on a t3 on these engines. THE FACT is that you got a bug up your *** about this and started bashing him providing VERY select dynos, with VERY rare instances. YOUR ENTIRE arguement valids his point of view that it was in a time when everyone was trying to one up each other on race gas. They used slect parts an optimized for THEIR dyno. YOUR arguement is literally the exact same as popping in and telling people the DE will support mid 500s stocl block because a couple people did it. Its not going to happen for most people, Hell its not going to happen for even 5% of people. NONE of these individuals provided any REAL benchmark other then dynos to even compare to. You know the REAL benchmark for power, the track. Your defending them without having any real details about what they did. HELL i bet i could post up a 500whp stillen kit( i know for sure i can because i have experience with the blower on ecotecs) on racegas spinning it so high it wont last long on a VERY select dyno of my choosing. So does that mean i should advertise that to customers and esentially scam them? Thats what your defending, you bash certain shops like GTM for scamming people(i do too the really have no ****ing clue what they are doing) but then defend others for using the same practices. What i DO care about is dumbasses spouting off without any real knowledge of their own. I mean **** quicksilver is running a turbonetics kit and we are supposed to take him seriously? Really? If anything he is upset because he made the worst decision possible.



This is why my350z is made fun of just like nico club now because the only people left are checkbook tuners, trolls, and people who talk alot of **** based on something they read online but have no real world experience on the subject
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0 View Post
WTF? Nice emotional rant (even though you're not defending Sasha and supposedly couldn't care less ). Your reading comprehension sucks ****. LOL Nuthugging the T3? Another swing and a miss. I have aftermarket headers and a T4, which I decided on long before Sasha started selling the BP kit. Again, since you completely missed the point... the T3 was never marketed as superior to T4 and the race gas numbers were during an era in this community when shops/people were trying to one-up each other in the whp war with kits maxed out on race gas. I never said it was the right or wrong thing to do. I was just providing some historical context about the forum and the VQ market at that time, which was overlooked or dismissed because it doesn't fit certain folk's agendas to smear other ST kits. And your roid infused rant doesn't change the fact that Sasha created his own false narrative about other ST kits on the market (particularly PL) as he asserted a malicious twist on how those old race gas numbers were presented and insinuated that there was deception involved in how their kits were marketed.
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #156
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

So why argue the point? You bash bp but then valid his primary points in regards to t3 turbos.

LOL not worth bragging about really? 1) show me another 3.5l doing it here 2)10k turbo and 10k engine? How about 10k for both togeather.
3)i do it on stock heads and cams with a modified stock intake WITHOUT a spacer.
4) why do it? How about because no one is going to daily a car on race gas. Seriously in my case that would be over 150 a week in gas WITHOUT any racing. Despite your conspiracy on gas you know what your getting. That **** is HIGHLY regulated and evey batch gets tested before it leaves the refinary. Its pretty hard to **** up. Refine oil. Add x xylene or toulene to reach x octane and x other additives to meet x areas requirements. Every car i run with runs pump 92 unless negotiated previously for race. Gt500s, supercharged z06s, big turbo supras, twin turbo vipers, couple 900 hp evos and sti's. In fact none of them will even run me on high boost anymore. Guess thats what happens when you have 850 whp and get down to 2800 lbs race weight.


As far as them liking a certain afr that is all about the injector location and why im building my own sheet metal intakes. Stock location is great for small injectors. Its **** for big injectors. Ive seen 1000hp engines gain 50 whp going from 7 inchs from valve face to 14 it simply idles like ****. People spout off on this forum about how "you dont need dual injectors!" Without knowing the real advantages of such a setup.

As far as traction i have no issues on low boost running 305/35/18 toyo r888s (600whp) and its on stock suspension. Will be moving to 335/45/17 drag radials for high boost soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajersyrat View Post
Common sense and the laws of physics dictate a larger turbo WILL allow you to make more power EFFICIENTLY. Comparing a single small frame T3 to a large frame T4 would be like comparing a V6 to a V10 engine..Its not a fair comparison.

At some point the smaller turbo will become less efficient and begin to create more heat and lead to more detonation. Where the larger turbo will keep huffing away.. But the bottom line is you still need to put that set up on a properly designed and efficiently built motor. You can have the biggest turbo in the universe, and if you throw it on a poorly built motor with mismatched components, your doomed..

Also bragging that you can make or did make 850whp on pump gas is amateur at best. You put a $10,000 turbo set up on a $10000 built motor so why in the hell would you even want to run everyday pump gas where you dont even know if your getting 89 or 93 octane or if it is watered down or dirty gas? Why? Why take those chances in the first place, when you can simply use a good quality race gas and have the piece of mind that your running XYZ octane all the time every time..

When I tuned my Z I didnt really have an aggressive lean tune with tons of timing on my race gas..In fact my race gas map was exactly the same as my pump gas map with maybe 2 degrees of timing added after peak TQ, which made zero difference.. The VQ motors liked a certain A/F rate and there was zero to be gained by leaning them out to much.I mainly used the race gas as assurance when I ran 24 psi over my 18 psi street map. Mainly due to its lower flash point and more stable burn rate, reducing the chances of detonation. Race gas doesnt magically make more power, it just allows you to safely run more aggressive and lean tunes and assures a constant burn rate.

Detonation can be caused by a plethora of reasons, but mostly on the Z platform back in the days it was from aggressive timing or the turbos simply maxing out efficiency. So I can see where larger turbos would be warranted, but unless your drag racing, does one really need much more than 550hp on a street car? Hell anything over 450 on a street Z was considered fast and ran into traction issues..

With such good quality fuels available, why would one even want to skimp out and shortcut to use pump gas? There is no extra bragging rights to blowing up a motor on shitty gas..I have a N/A 600 HP motor in my Camaro that has the same compression ratio as a stock 350Z, I run nothing but Sunoco 100 octane in it. Why? Because the motor alone cost me over $15000 to build and I want it to stay that way..

The stuff that is said on these forums even from way back in the days, always had me shaking my head..
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:32 PM   #157
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Well rod you know why i dint really come here anymore. The mods supporting retarded trolls iver members who have shown to know wtf they are talking about is asinine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBaby View Post
Only useless, if you don't use it...

jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:25 PM   #158
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

only dyno i have handy, mind you this is ONLY 20 psi on a slipping clutch, which concept z replaced on their own dime with a custom built unit from southbend since it didnt hold the 825 lb ft they claimed. on sasha's old midmount 6765 kit with .96 t4 housing, it only dynoed like this because thats what the clutch would hold and i was on the phone with concept z that day very pissed off, it honestly wasnt even holding 20 it was bouncing back and forth between 17 and 20 from the engine unloading.. I run 32 psi, with a 6766 1.34 divided t4 and quick spool now i simply havnt had it on the dyno at that power i know what it is making from injector pulsewidth and calculating based on that compared to this dyno(and the 850 number is me being conservative the numbers say it should be closer to 880.) when i put it back togeather with the new kit i can provide a new dyno it will have even more down low due to proper intake, exhaust manifolds and the 4 port bcs. i can also take it to the 1/8th, we dont have a 1/4 here and technically dont have a 1/8th yet its not officially opened but i can get on the track to run, know some of the workers there. I havnt redynoed because i am constantly messing with the car testing things(like the AEM during pre release), developing new parts(intake, the two different turbo kits, super charger kits, core support, new suspension in the rear that literally is ready to begin production the day i get the car back to ohio although i doubt a whole lot of people will be interested due to the massive changes required to the rear of the car. althought it completely eliminates the rear sub frame so no issue with mounts, bracer, or cracking in exchange for a setup that is somewhat similar to the old vettes torque arm setup and overall much better for traction.), building other peoples cars(have had a few here, mustangs mostly although a g35 twin turbo as well.), going to school, and still working since i have to work for the army until my retirement is finalized.

The doubt you express is rather amusing since you claim to be a innovator and have a 600whp NA camaro(what setup? my Z is the first import ive owned i built mostly domestics prior to this with some helping out at switzer and buschurs and owned 3 third gens and a 4th gen myself) yet do not realize how amazing the stock head setup on the vq flows. literally it is better then all the LS up until you get to ls3 heads or go for race ported heads, stock they flow better then all but the most extreme ported 2jz heads and then dont flow less by much.

I never said anywhere i run a supra, i run WITH big turbo supras, im the only vq that runs with the "big power" crowd here. you simply said 10k turbo setup and 10k engine setup. which isnt even close i paid 10k combined for both. my engine was 4k i built myself and the turbo setup was 5600 for sasha's midmount several years ago. i run pauter rods and wossner 8:1 pistons(something that i hardly know anyone who knows about let alone runs anything wossner in the states)

as far as consistency when it gets to the pump im not sure about where you lived but ive watched stations in ohio get inspected to ensure the customer receives what they are paying for. never here in hawaii but i have also not seen any knock ive always tuned the car myself.


the cars im talking about not one of is stock, i make some of the least power in the group outside the vettes(they are zo6's none supercharger from the factory). the vettes are kinda the low power guys who hand around with most of them making 700-780 whp. the vipers are all running 900-1000, the GTR's are running alpha 10 and 12 packages with one sp engineering car running 800 whp no idea what he makes pump because he only comes out when he is running someone and runs race gas for that. two of the GT500's are no longer supercharged and run twin turbos. all of them make 900+ but they are still heavy as ****.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajersyrat View Post
Jerry,

Your post looks like an eclectic mess of scrambled thoughts. I really cant respond in a clear and concise manner.

If your saying you made 850whp on pump gas on a 3.5L VQ35 engine,stock heads and stock cams, I'm interested in seeing the dyno graph and or video as well as 1/4 mile trap speeds.

If your saying you made that on a Supra, then I am not impressed in the least. That car can make 850 on stock internals.

As far as the fuel consistency comment I will agree since I worked an a jet fuel storage facility back in my early 20's. The fuel at the refinery is quality checked under tight regulations and guidelines. However the issue is when "Joe Blow's" gas station takes delivery of it, you have no clue what happens to it at that point. their tanks could have water in them, contamination, or simply be selling you a swill mix of 87 and 92 octane from the same pump. You just dont know what you are getting consistently.

As far as vipers and Z06's ect ect...You referring to cars with double the diplacement,some of them supercharged with forged internals from the factory, and tons of safeguards in place. Consumer automobiles are not tuned to the ragged edge of performance or explosion...They are released with plent of HP left on the table to be unleashed for many reasons.

Next response could you please utilize either paragraph or numbered outline format. K. thanks.

Last edited by jerryd87; 06-02-2014 at 02:38 PM.
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:52 PM   #159
jerryd87
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

lets also not forget that stock cams are actually BETTER for the new generation billet turbos(well intake side anyway) since the billet wheels flow exactly the same as a cast one unless exceeding 30 psi. past 30 psi is where they get all the extra flow and why the 6765 billet wheel was performing exactly the the same as a 6765 cast wheel on domestics that dont see such high pressure ratios.
jerryd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #160
IIQuickSilverII
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
 
IIQuickSilverII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arizona -InP-
Posts: 14,545
Thanked 161 Times in 135 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryd87
, with VERY rare instances..... Hell its not going to happen for even 5% of people..... NONE of these individuals provided any REAL benchmark other then dynos to even compare .... quicksilver is running a turbonetics kit and we are supposed to take him seriously? Really? If anything he is upset because he made the worst decision possible.



This is why my350z is made fun of just like nico club now because the only people left are checkbook tuners, trolls, and people who talk alot of **** based on something they read online but have no real world experience on the subject
Sheez, the misinformation its worse than in 2006

LOL, do us a favor and do you research before you even speak/write or just stfu. It's cool you want to nutwing because that was the kit you owned but I have owned and driven on several kits to know your statements are incorrect.


I don't know of any car with a capable flowing kit(most of them since 2008) that can't make 500whp with the fuel system, ems and fuel system... Most dial the psi down due to stock motor.

There are several threads here on cars with dynos and 1/4 track numbers from reputable shops just as sound performance, injected, titan, etc with cars running over 500 whp, this are proven dynos and and 1/4 mile times are too

Since you obviously don't know who I am, if you are trying to attack me at least do your research so you don't sound stupid, I had a Turbonetics kit in 2005-2006....i now run a PL single turbo setup with a 76s turbo and running a 3.5" downloads pipe(that Sasha says its not possible from other kits)... I didn't loose ac, didn't have to relocate radiator, or "extreme" lol modifications, everything is fine...my setup pushes 760 whp on 91, and pushed it to 967 on race gas, the 91 octane was tested on ums, proefi,and fullrace(bmr) dyno...

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 06-02-2014 at 04:49 PM.
IIQuickSilverII is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Autocross Brake Pads hajwoj Autocross/Road 27 11-01-2015 05:25 PM
My FI friends, im at a loss of whats causing my issues. i turn to you. Colombo Forced Induction 29 10-10-2015 02:31 PM


Tags
2004, 275, 3432020, 350z, 370z, boosted, iphone, kit, mid, mount, my350z, performance, piping, price, single, turbo, turbos

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:19 PM.


Copyright 2002 - 2017, MY350Z.COM All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send