Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

30-35k TT 350z build. Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 01:23 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Thread now has the aroma of trolll...

I just read the Op's name lol
Old 08-20-2012, 01:25 PM
bigcloud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ace32x
thats what i would do if i was doing it over, out of curiosity how come they cannot use the gtr heads? and are they mating it to a 6mt?
The headers with the turbos don't fit in the 350. Plus i think they want to keep costs down by using something already produced. I don't know the transmission solution yet. However if i wasn't buying a gtr then i would be all over this swap.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:36 PM
ace32x

Originally Posted by bigcloud
The headers with the turbos don't fit in the 350. Plus i think they want to keep costs down by using something already produced. I don't know the transmission solution yet. However if i wasn't buying a gtr then i would be all over this swap.
yea thats very interesting. going to read into this some more
Old 08-20-2012, 01:42 PM
TopgunZ

Originally Posted by bossmangunit

Definitely will need an LSD. Am I missing anything?

Other than that new susp, exhaust, brakes. Missing anything major?

This is why I said Clutch. You asked it yourself.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:44 PM
bossmangunit

Originally Posted by bigcloud
Call Z fever, but you're in the budget of what it could potentially cost.
Will do I'll give them a call and see thanks.

Originally Posted by KingBaby
Thread now has the aroma of trolll...

I just read the Op's name lol
Haha, its an inside joke. There is no real way to prove it if you don't believe me so I'm not going to try. But I'm not trolling.

Originally Posted by TopgunZ
This is why I said Clutch. You asked it yourself.
Ya you're right, emailed myself to not forget to make sure clutch is in the list
Old 08-20-2012, 01:45 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

But you can't be an idiot can you?
Old 08-20-2012, 02:35 PM
bossmangunit

Originally Posted by KingBaby
But you can't be an idiot can you?
they call me bossmangunit for a reason
Old 08-20-2012, 02:36 PM
ace32x

they call me bossmangunit for a reason
because you roll tight whips evuuuurrrrryday?
Old 08-20-2012, 02:39 PM
bossmangunit

nope thats the point of this thread.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:05 PM
bigcloud

Originally Posted by ace32x
yea thats very interesting. going to read into this some more
I have to find the post and put it here for you.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

50k and you can have a great car.

But in short you're in for a mother fawking headache.

Get in contact with Dynosty talk with them about it, and consider buying hal's car. Seriously, that will save you a **** ton of work and you'll get the quickest/fastest 6 speed Z out there.

Or you could be smart and save a bit more wait and get a used gtr. IMHO that's the best option.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:23 PM
steve774

30-35k is not a lot of money when you are including the price of the car especially since you from Canada where everything in more expensive. I just did a search in your area and the cheapest Z is 15k! (ranges from 15-32k). You should probably look to import from the US.

After the cost of a car, your budget will be extremely tight if you want to build the engine. Don’t forget about suspension, rims, tires and brakes too. You will probably be best off with another car or a 400hp Z on with stock internals. I’ll let you do the math.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:34 PM
taywan

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^
True. Thats a sick/fastass Z. And what experiences do y'all have w building motors etc and how is it free? Anyways. Why do u want to put that much into a Z?? Just curious??? 40-50-60k y'all have to spend for...what 450whp?? Why 350z?? If so, just get One for decent price/mileage etc and supercharge it and call day. Of course w all supporting mods. Depreciating eerrday as the clock ticks.

IMO--Nsx and boost that/Porsche/etc. or save for an Audi R8. Idk. Just me I guess.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:57 PM
bossmangunit

Originally Posted by steve774
30-35k is not a lot of money when you are including the price of the car especially since you from Canada where everything in more expensive. I just did a search in your area and the cheapest Z is 15k! (ranges from 15-32k). You should probably look to import from the US.

After the cost of a car, your budget will be extremely tight if you want to build the engine. Don’t forget about suspension, rims, tires and brakes too. You will probably be best off with another car or a 400hp Z on with stock internals. I’ll let you do the math.
Originally Posted by Resmarted
50k and you can have a great car.

But in short you're in for a mother fawking headache.

Get in contact with Dynosty talk with them about it, and consider buying hal's car. Seriously, that will save you a **** ton of work and you'll get the quickest/fastest 6 speed Z out there.

Or you could be smart and save a bit more wait and get a used gtr. IMHO that's the best option.
The true budget is actually up to 50k, dont want to start out saying that so people don't go overboard on what to do. Trying to plan to spend 40k then have a 10k buffer for unexpected stuff.

Theres actually a couple local 350's that have been pretty nicely modified but not intersted in buying a premodded one, I'd like to try and build it up on our own and see how it goes.

Thanks for the ideas/info though.

And ya, z's up here are extremely pricey. Hoping one will pop up on the dealer auction in the next month or so.

Originally Posted by taywan
^
True. Thats a sick/fastass Z. And what experiences do y'all have w building motors etc and how is it free? Anyways. Why do u want to put that much into a Z?? Just curious??? 40-50-60k y'all have to spend for...what 450whp?? Why 350z?? If so, just get One for decent price/mileage etc and supercharge it and call day. Of course w all supporting mods. Depreciating eerrday as the clock ticks.

IMO--Nsx and boost that/Porsche/etc. or save for an Audi R8. Idk. Just me I guess.
Well at 50k We should be closer to 600whp then 500, what can come close to those numbers for that kind of money. R8, GTR, etc are on a whole new level pricewise. Also want something unique/crazy.

What other platforms are good to start on? Don't like american except for corvettes but they're too expensive. G35 is the same car but I prefer the 350 and everything else I like is too old (ie supra) and will cost the same if not more money.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:17 PM
taywan

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unique? Z? Imo-i dont think so. Like said-- It's becoming a Honda civic out here. Idk-your car/your taste. 600 is what u want-u pick the vehicle u like best to do it in. Fill me in on the inside joke on the forum name??
GGGG G-unit!! 50 fell off the rap game but can and is filthy.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:22 PM
bossmangunit

Originally Posted by taywan
Unique? Z? Imo-i dont think so. Like said-- It's becoming a Honda civic out here. Idk-your car/your taste. 600 is what u want-u pick the vehicle u like best to do it in. Fill me in on the inside joke on the forum name??
GGGG G-unit!! 50 fell off the rap game but can and is filthy.
There aren't too many around here, and I've personally only seen 2 different ones that have been modded.
I like ricer cars that aren't over riced haha. I'd love a supra but they're too old/hard to find parts for.

Shooting for 500ish HP with capability to go to 600 in the future.

Lol name is an inside joke with my brother.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 08-20-2012, 06:31 PM
bossmangunit

boosted, I pm'd you.

Considering getting it partially built by a shop or atleast get some help on some stuff.

Oh and I think we're going to go with an HR and probably a greddy TT, potentially an AAM
Old 08-20-2012, 06:42 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

boosted, I pm'd you.
I will give you a call tomorrow. In the mean time, if you are considering the HR, this is what I you would be looking at:

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...ication-4.html

I recently built that for a 370z (very much the same as an HR), and here is how it turned out on the dyno at about 10psi of boost (at max HP):

However, I would not suggest you run the HR up to that power level, perhaps 450whp. This same twin scroll kit will be available for the DE in the spring, so you have choices. The twin scroll has proven to be more efficient at making power/psi than any other ST kit for the 350/370z's. Some quick research will show why the twin scroll is better than the open turbine housing....no time to get in to it.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 08-20-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:05 PM
bossmangunit

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
I will give you a call tomorrow. In the mean time, if you are considering the HR, this is what I you would be looking at:

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...ication-4.html

I recently built that for a 370z (very much the same as an HR), and here is how it turned out on the dyno at about 10psi of boost (at max HP):

[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b123/JMac88/scan0001-1.jpg[IMG]

However, I would not suggest you run the HR up to that power level, perhaps 450whp. This same twin scroll kit will be available for the DE in the spring, so you have choices. The twin scroll has proven to be more efficient at making power/psi than any other ST kit for the 350/370z's. Some quick research will show why the twin scroll is better than the open turbine housing....no time to get in to it.
Sounds good, will be awaiting your call.

I think we're pretty much set on the HR. The sale price is too good to pass up and its easier to drop this kind of cash into a newer car with way lower k.

Quick Reply: 30-35k TT 350z build. Suggestions?