Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

New to this forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but could you go in detail each step and everything that went wrong with your GTM build. I'd like to know what im up against.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:57 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default gtm horrors

lol..my old thread that I let drop is here somewhere... half that GTM horror history is there...haven't posted in months 'cause it ain't no use (lol). its so long a story I pm'd you for the method to discover everything in detail..
Old 11-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
its hard to make 440whp right out of the box on stock engine with 600 cc injectors, fuel pump, and UpRev tune. Which their stage 1 and 2 have proven to do time and time again. Only other option for that ease of power is Greddy and I'm not willing to shell out $2,500 for the same power.
I think you forgot to do the research before posting this. Just about any turbo kit (single/twin) will make that power on a stock block all day long. Some single turbo kits will get you well in to the 600whp range on a basic short block build too....go figure .
Old 11-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ogiehooker
just sayin'......After the ***** I have been through with them and the 2-3 thousand dollars of my parts that they lost/stole, 26K TT stroker engine build done incorrectly, lazy azz work ethic, and Sam being a LIAR, I won't do business with anyone like that regardless if his ***** don't stink or not.....you want to do business with *******s and thieves, go right ahead..ill open tha door for ya'....keep a hand on your walllet....
If you had done 10 minutes of research here anytime after 2007 you would have known this. They Got That Money from you....
Old 11-19-2012, 12:55 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but could you go in detail each step and everything that went wrong with your GTM build. I'd like to know what im up against.
He's not the only one to get burned by gtm. Other guys who have very good reputations for not being dumb-asses got railed by them too.
Do you really expect him to tell you step by step how he lost TWENTY SIX THOUSAND dollars, simply because you think it was a fluke?
They are borderline fraudulent and I'm shocked that people would ever recommend them.
If you decide to go with them hearing all this, you frankly deserve to get ripped off imho.

Last edited by Resmarted; 11-19-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:00 AM
Eno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am the recipient of a bunch of I told you so's after my build went sour with a local shop. Guys were screaming out their warnings- telling me that judging by what I was telling them the shop said to me they had no freaking idea what they were doing and that I should fire them immediately and take the car to another shop.

I was a bit defensive about the notion, wanting to believe that I had been directed to the shop for a reason and wanted to see it play out. The story is long and complex- suffice to say I had my reasons for seeing it through with progressive auto in Victoria, bc.

It wasn't until much later- after my engine blew up on the Dyno (I'm overstating it a bit- bent rod is all but the result was practically the same) and the subsequent teardown occurred where the incompetence truly showed. All the points I'd been warned about right down to basic mechanics came into play. Jank workmanship invisible while the motor was still in the car- inappropriate preparing of parts, fundamental lack of awareness of the kit- and absolutely no support despite it being painfully evident that among other things they didn't even secure the block in the car.

I was in a similar situation in that I was very limited in who I could trust to install the kit. I learned my lesson the hard way: if you don't have a bulletproof shop that you can trust then don't install the 4cking kit until you do.

What does this all mean? These guys know their ****- and though we all need to evaluate the information we receive from strangers in the forums- it doesn't take a person long to figure out who you can lean on.

You want to follow me through a 30k sinkhole that was my build- I welcome you to go through my diary of the process in my build thread. Go on Over to my Vancouver island thread here, which died around the time my engine did and was picked back up in the g35 jwt take two thread... Go ahead like so many others did and face palm your way through my mistakes- that's why I post them...

Perhaps I'm speaking beyond my level- I can't tell you much about the technical side- that's my biggest mistake in this whole pursuit... But what I can tell you is that when these guys are jumping up and down warning you off a shop and offering you suitable solutions and alternatives- for the love of god man... Listen.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:59 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Originally Posted by Resmarted
He's not the only one to get burned by gtm. Other guys who have very good reputations for not being dumb-asses got railed by them too.
Do you really expect him to tell you step by step how he lost TWENTY SIX THOUSAND dollars, simply because you think it was a fluke?
They are borderline fraudulent and I'm shocked that people would ever recommend them.
If you decide to go with them hearing all this, you frankly deserve to get ripped off imho.
The difference is I'm not doing a crazy engine build, I'm just ordering a tt kit. Most people I've heard from have had overall positive results from GTM when just getting a FI kit, it seems where things go wrong is the extensive engine building route. Also, us HR guys don't have much of a choice in the ways of FI. Unless you want to custom build a kit, no thanks, I've already got my hands full with my work. It's either Greddy or GTM, and I've got a choice to make....
Old 11-19-2012, 02:41 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Strongly disagree my friend. Greddy kit doesn't allow for much room to grow. As well it cost almost $10 grand in the form it is, where as a stage 4 GTM kit is only about $8,400 ready for power of 1000hp or more.
LOL @ 1000 horsepower and GTM still being mentioned in the same sentence. Never have I seen a shop with so much 1000whp envy.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:51 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
LOL @ 1000 horsepower and GTM still being mentioned in the same sentence. Never have I seen a shop with so much 1000whp envy.
You aint the only one man.I hate to say this but it looks like GTM and AAM are close to the same.

Last edited by superchargedg; 11-19-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Are you stupid? 1000 hp has failed because of engine builds or capabilities, not due to the turbo kit. The turbo kit itself is capable of those power numbers. And I never promoted GTMs engine builds. Read the sentence and comprehend before you post bro bro.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Are you stupid? 1000 hp has failed because of engine builds or capabilities, not due to the turbo kit. The turbo kit itself is capable of those power numbers. And I never promoted GTMs engine builds. Read the sentence and comprehend before you post bro bro.
Did you just call Rude stupid?

You've established yourself as a total idiot now.

You simply cannot say a turbo kit is capable of xxxxhp when it never once has delivered that hp, on numerous builds/attempts.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:40 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Nope. I'm just not some nuthugging noob spewing 1000 horsepower numbers about a turbo kit that was never R & D'ed at anything close to that power level. Unlike yourself, I've been around here longer than a couple months and have seen countless 1000whp claims over the years from GTM and their products even though they STILL haven't built a single 1000whp Z or G. Enjoy the taste of that white unicorn crank bro.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Elperuano

I'm halfway to 1000hp!!! But I'd never want to try 1k. I like the simplicity of where I'm at now. Jus boost around all day having fun. If I ever get a ride in a 1000 hp G/Z might change my mind!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:51 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

You simply cannot say a turbo kit is capable of xxxxhp when it never once has delivered that hp, on numerous builds/attempts.
XKR supposedly made 1000whp with his GTM kit when he re-dyno'ed on a DJ. But he is the only one that I am aware of who made 1000whp with a GTM turbo kit (besides the bogus white unicorn claims that were never backed up with any proof whatsoever).
Old 11-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Oh no, disrespected the forum King. Looks like I'm now.

Again, it's the engines that arent capable of the power numbers, not the kit.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Nope. I'm just not some nuthugging noob spewing 1000 horsepower numbers about a turbo kit that was never R & D'ed at anything close to that power level. Unlike yourself, I've been around here longer than a couple months and have seen countless 1000whp claims over the years from GTM and their products even though they STILL haven't built a single 1000whp Z or G. Enjoy the taste of that white unicorn crank bro.
That's right, we're back to the forum time. I could care less how long you've been posting on a forum. I've been creeping for quite some time, just never joined. I'm not about to buy into that.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For someone that has researched for 3 years, you really did a **** poor job in gathering your information.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Elperuano

Lol, there needs a like feature on this forum.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:39 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Vq.turbo.DremZ
For someone that has researched for 3 years, you really did a **** poor job in gathering your information.

Yeah, his comments about the Greddy kit were ridiculous.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Yeah, his comments about the Greddy kit were ridiculous.
What the fact that the Greddy kit with the 20G turbos are only good for 700whp at $10,500 or that the GTM garrett GT3071 turbos are good for 800-900whp at only $8,400? The positives seem to be the fitting of the Greddy kit is superior but beyond that it seems you're paying for $2,000 more for a kit with equal to or lesser power capabilities. Putting aside GTMs notorious inferior customer service the discussion of Greddy being over priced isn't ridiculous at all.

Quick Reply: New to this forum