Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

New to this forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 05:56 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
What the fact that the Greddy kit with the 20G turbos are only good for 700whp at $10,500 or that the GTM garrett GT3071 turbos are good for 800-900whp at only $8,400? The positives seem to be the fitting of the Greddy kit is superior but beyond that it seems you're paying for $2,000 more for a kit with equal to or lesser power capabilities. Putting aside GTMs notorious inferior customer service the discussion of Greddy being over priced isn't ridiculous at all.
Wrong again. Alberto and others have made 700+whp with the orginal Greddy 18G kit on the DE motor. So 20G turbos will exceed that.

FYI... meatbag made 844whp with Greddy 20G's.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-19-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:01 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default head arsehole

yeah well alberto, since your the head arsehole here, Ill tell you why I didnt know...I wasnt herew until 2009 dckhd!!! Ask questions before you post sht about people you dont know! or just keep ur freakin mouth shut yankee bstrd
Originally Posted by Alberto
If you had done 10 minutes of research here anytime after 2007 you would have known this. They Got That Money from you....
Old 11-19-2012, 06:04 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default gtm crap

Nismo, I gave you a pm and my phone number if you wanted to hear it from the horses mouth on my deal...you didnt call or email so, I guess you really don;'t want to know...good luck with whatever you do..dont believe a damn thinbg someone tells you thats going to make money off of you..aka...yeah man its REALLY good sht only 50 an oz...yeak right...LOL
Old 11-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Wrong again. Alberto and others have made 700+whp with the orginal Greddy 18G kit on the DE motor. So 20G turbos will exceed that.
18G turbos aren't recommended for those power levels from what I've heard. But none the less, we are in agreeance that the power level are close to each other? In that respect, I feel that paying $2,000 more for essentially the same goal is overpriced. Just an opinion of course that I'm sure many will have a disagreeance on - but most of that will be for the disdain of GTM through bad experiences, CS, or etc etc, none really for the power capabilities of the kit itself. For most people whose goals are lower level power on stock blocks I don't find it ridiculous to think paying $2Gs more for the same outcome is overpriced.

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 11-19-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Originally Posted by ogiehooker
Nismo, I gave you a pm and my phone number if you wanted to hear it from the horses mouth on my deal...you didnt call or email so, I guess you really don;'t want to know...good luck with whatever you do..dont believe a damn thinbg someone tells you thats going to make money off of you..aka...yeah man its REALLY good sht only 50 an oz...yeak right...LOL
Hey man, yeah I believe you on the engine build, I've steered away from that extent seeing experiences as yourself. But I've also seen numerous positive experiences and outcomes from small FI builds that just include the GTM kit. That's more of what I'm aiming for.

Edit: I've really thought hard of getting the Greddy kit instead, but I've literally seen so many positive results from simple FI builds with just the GTM kit, that and the much higher cost of the Greddy with the same results has pushed me in that direction.

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 11-19-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:54 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

18G turbos aren't recommended for those power levels from what I've heard. But none the less, we are in agreeance that the power level are close to each other? In that respect, I feel that paying $2,000 more for essentially the same goal is overpriced. Just an opinion of course that I'm sure many will have a disagreeance on - but most of that will be for the disdain of GTM through bad experiences, CS, or etc etc, none really for the power capabilities of the kit itself. For most people whose goals are lower level power on stock blocks I don't find it ridiculous to think paying $2Gs more for the same outcome is overpriced.
No, we are not in agreement. You stated that the 20G turbos are only good for 700whp. That is factually incorrect. 20G turbos have made well over 800whp on our platform. You've tried to assert a performance advantage over the Greddy kit, but I have provided real world examples that refute your statements about the power capabilities of the Greddy kit.

Bottom line: You clearly should do some better research, lurk more, and post less. Because you obviously don't know WTF you're talking about.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-19-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Oh no, disrespected the forum King. Looks like I'm now.

Again, it's the engines that arent capable of the power numbers, not the kit.
I don't nut hug any members on here. And I've butted heads with nearly everyone on here. That being said, I give respect where it's due, and 99.99% of the guys on here deserve respect (at least in the FI section).

Rude knows what he's talking about. He's seen all the builds and probably has one of the best recollections I've seen of builds. You on the other hand clearly don't know anything. It's not just ignorant, it's disrespectful.

@rude:
xxkr did that on a dj, not sure if that counts . JK.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Nismo350z#0310

No, we are not in agreement. You stated that the 20G turbos are only good for 700whp. That is factually incorrect. 20G turbos have made well over 800whp on our platform. You've tried to assert a performance advantage over the Greddy kit, but I have provided real world examples that refute your statements about the power capabilities of the Greddy kit.

Bottom line: You clearly should do some better research, lurk more, and post less. Because you obviously don't know WTF you're talking about.
What are your real world examples? You've gave me Alberto, but seeing the amount of builds that have failed..well that's the only real world example. Please link me to factual statements from the manufacturer regarding power levels. And I'm saying the power levels are about the same. The only advantage I've asserted is the price tag for the same results.

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 11-19-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

When you guys are throwing numbers around like this, I think it is important to say that a potential customer should look at the results from other customer, and not what the shop/manufacturer claims the kit will do. These are what I would call real life results.

I have seen plenty fo crap here where a kit manufacturer will claim some crazy power level, on a strung out system, small turbo(s) race gas....ect and then advertise this to the public as a realistic expectation. So, the readers of this should keep that in mind, do some research and see what other customers are getting with whatever kit you intend on purchasing.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

**recopied**

Last edited by Vq.turbo.DremZ; 11-19-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Gamermodz pulled 1000whp out of a 20G Greddy Kit (Albiet Larger Compressor Wheels), where are you getting your information?
Old 11-19-2012, 09:10 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

What are your real world examples? You've gave me Alberto, but seeing the amount of builds that have failed..well that's the only real world example. Please link me to factual statements from the manufacturer regarding power levels. And I'm saying the power levels are about the same. The only advantage I've asserted is the price tag for the same results.
I also mentioned in an earlier edit that meatbag made 844whp with 20G's. He also made 699whp on pump gas. There are other high power Greddy builds in the FI section and the shop build sub-section that can be found with a halfway thorough search of builds over the last 5 years. Furthermore, the current motor in my car is one that I purchased from another Intense customer who made 700+whp with that motor and a standard 18G kit.

Yes, you've asserted a price advantage. But you clearly (and incorrectly) asserted a performance advantage as well in your earlier posts, which I quoted and responded to.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Nismo350z#0310

I also mentioned in an earlier edit that meatbag made 844whp with 20G's. He also made 699whp on pump gas. There are other high power Greddy builds in the FI section and the shop build sub-section that can be found with a halfway thorough search of builds over the last 5 years. Furthermore, the current motor in my car is one that I purchased from another Intense customer who made 700+whp with that motor and a standard 18G kit.

Yes, you've asserted a price advantage. But you clearly (and incorrectly) asserted a performance advantage as well in your earlier posts, which I quoted and responded to.
What I'm saying is those power levels has to do more with the supporting Mods, engine build, EMS, tune and tuner, and less to do with the kit. Both turbos for the each kit are capable of producing those numbers, based on manufacturing stats though the Garretts look to be rated a little higher. Except for intake layout and turbos both kits arent that different. This isn't a very productive discussion for the forum though as it seems your hell bent on disagreeing with me. I'll try and be bipartisan here and say this much, if I were given a choice for a free kit between the two, Id take the Greddy. But because its my own money and my power goals are only 440whp I dont see the point in spending $2Gs more.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Why do you want a kit that is 700-1000 whp capable when your goals are modest? Do you plan on taking it further? Honestly if you're arguing about a few grand, we can easily say that the GTM kit is Overpriced/expensive. Also your comments on quality of turbo kits stems from first hand accounts of these products? You're overseeing our advice by compensating poor research and "advice" from "tuners" as your rhetoric. I firmly believe that Sasha's kits are far more competitive, thorough, and with exceptional customer service that puts GTM to shame. Not to mention theres a wide range of turbos that can be adapted to work with his kit.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:43 AM
Nismo350z#0310

This is to address all (Rude, Resmart and Vq.turbo.dremZ) who have attacked me, called me an idiot and claimed I have done no research.

Please read all my response. Let me educate you.

First to Vq.turbo.dremZ:
Bro, I have an HR engine. They're are only 3 kits available for this market, the JWT, GTM and the Greddy. Unless you want to go about with a custom setup. The base GTM is $6,900 while the Greddy is $10,500. How is this overpriced? That's $3,600. For a power goal of 450whp you're telling me I'm being too picky over $3,600. Check your IQ. And I haven't put advice from any "tuners", just real world examples of the same goals I look to duplicate. Experiences. Professional shop advice. What have you. Not a couple of fanboys on a forum who haven't even used the kit themselves.

To Rude and Resmart:
As for my research, I have done a HELL of alot of research , to be told by people with a biased opinion, who don't know me, or don't have a clue what I've research, that I'm "an idiot." Those are strong words.

You want research, visit the Trust/Greddy site and the Garrett site and find out for yourselves.

This is directed towards you, Rude. Who continually claim I'm an idiot and haven't done my research.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...00382-3_20.pdf

These are the manufacturers websites for each turbo respectively. The first picture is Trust's/Greddy's diagram for each turbo capability. The second link is a direct link to the Garrett GT3071 turbine.

The Greddy uses TD06SH 20G. These turbo power limits are right below 450PS. Maybe more so around the 440PS range. But this is stretching that turbo out hard. 440PS translates to around 433 hp. This means 2 of these turbos are capable of 866bhp. With a standard drive train loss of 20% you're looking at topping the turbo out at 692whp. Hmm, that's right at 700whp. Just like my statement. This is going by what Greddy themselves recommend for that turbo.

Now we move to the Garrett GT3071 turbos for the GTM. According to the manufacturer this turbo is capable of 480hp. Of course 2 of these together are going to come out to 960bhp. Take into account the 20% standard drivetrain loss and we are looking at 768whp. And again, this would be stretching the turbo out to it's means.

In conclusions, this is part of what I have been researching, Rude and Resmart. I'm going straight to the turbo manufacturer for this information. Either way, my argument was not based on which kit could make more power. Simply that the advantages of one kit over another being cost vs capabilities.

Have a nice day, gentlemen.

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 11-20-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:34 AM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

I know you have an HR, theres several other kits that have come and gone that work. AAM had one, a former PF car had a custom HKS kit, S&R has a single turbo, Sasha has/is fabbing up one for the 370Z (with the potential of an HR).

Our statements have all been true, rather tame in nature, and at its core, knowledge that has been lost that desperately needs to be rehashed. Further you have yet to solidly retort our statements as incorrect and are failing to see what everyone has been saying already. You have stated wrong information on account of your "experiences" and "research" that has been disproved with Real World Accounts. Providing us with a compressor map does very little to the overarching discussion.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:04 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Originally Posted by Vq.turbo.DremZ
I know you have an HR, theres several other kits that have come and gone that work. AAM had one, a former PF car had a custom HKS kit, S&R has a single turbo, Sasha has/is fabbing up one for the 370Z (with the potential of an HR).

Our statements have all been true, rather tame in nature, and at its core, knowledge that has been lost that desperately needs to be rehashed. Further you have yet to solidly retort our statements as incorrect and are failing to see what everyone has been saying already. You have stated wrong information on account of your "experiences" and "research" that has been disproved with Real World Accounts. Providing us with a compressor map does very little to the overarching discussion.
You're debating Greddy's power rating for their turbos? I'm giving you information based on manufacturer specifics. In other words, we should trust the common tuner over a manufacturers recommendation? Hell, a V rated tire is rated at 149 mph. Doesn't mean people haven't taken them past that. And it doesn't mean the tire won't shatter at any moment past that. I'm sure people have taken the turbos over those power numbers. Doesn't mean they won't blow at any time though.

Edit: I've already stated I think the Greddy kit is a great kit. Even to the point I'd take it over the GTM if given to me. But for my power goals I can't see spending $3,600 more for a kit with the same capabilities.

Edit: I've looked into S&R from your statement. I see they sell Greddy kit at $7,400. Much much lower than other vendors. If this is the case, I will look into it. I'm also interested in their single turbo kit. I will look into that as well.

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 11-20-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:35 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Vq.turbo.DremZ

^ Exactly.

Nismo350z#0310,
LOL that you think you educated me or proved your point. You didn't educate anyone by regurgitating manufacturers' turbo ratings that most of us (myself included) are aware of and have seen many times before. Real world results have proven differently (as they usually do on any given platform with any given turbo system) and your posts have proven that your research on this forum has been **** poor in that regard. Multiple customers/end users have achieved 700+whp with 18G's and 800+whp with 20G's. Keep ignoring that.

There are a lot of variables (engine displacement, cam choices, exhaust setups, fuel used, etc.) involved in how much power a turbo will produce on any car. There really is no single "set in stone" number for a given turbo. But turbo manufacturers have to publish a rating, which tends to be conservative or a median number based on the limitations of their R & D with a limited number of platforms and/or setups. So it is not unusual or "dangerous" to see real world results that exceed a turbo manufacturer's ratings. For example, Supra guys have been routinely exceeding the published ratings of Precision CEA turbos without problems or signs of turbo failure. They have proven that the PTE 6262 and 6266 are capable of 800+whp even though they are rated at 705 and 735 horsepower respectively.

I really don't care which kit you prefer or choose. But I do care when people spew BS information or assertions about something that the collective experience and years of history on this forum have proven to be incorrect.

P.S. Let's not forget how this pissing match with you got started. I pointed out the humor and irony in the post about GTM and going "beyond 1000hp". Anyone who has been around here for a while gets the joke. My comment wasn't directed at you personally. But you got butthurt, called me stupid, questioned my reading comprehension, and apparently have been on a mission to prove me wrong about something ever since.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-20-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Nismo350z#0310

The stage 4 turbos are rated to 1000hp by Garrett. This has nothing to do with GTM's engine building capabilities or lack there of, but specifically the power capability of the kit, and more so the turbos. And I didn't call you stupid, I ask if you were stupid. Your comment was directed at me personally. Quoting me and then bashing my statement is cause for me to retort.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:08 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

^ Again, the GTM joke went over your head if you took my comment as a personal bashing against you. Wash the sand out of your **** and enjoy your GTM kit if you ever get one. Just get your facts straight before you post and quit polluting the forum with information that is contrary to real world results.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-20-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Quick Reply: New to this forum