Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

New to this forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
^ Again, the GTM joke went over your head. Wash the sand out of your **** and enjoy your GTM kit if you ever get one. Just get your facts straight before you post and quit polluting the forum with information that is contrary to real world results.
No it didnt, I'm quite aware of the White Dragon fiasco and have read through a bunch of the GTM bull crap on my 370.com. My viewpoints have been shaped by the various local shops who've installed them numerous times. The cons of the kit are the fitting problems but beyond that everyone I've spoke to loved the quality and power capability. I'm not a fanboy and have been open minded about different options. It's why I'm looking into the Greddy kit as well.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:09 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

seems like the bans were lifted LOL!

OP, after 5 years of multiple builds I can tell you a cheaper deal isnt always less expensive when the smoke clears.

Even if you do all the labor yourself, your time isnt free. The chance of you having extended downtime (whether on your dime or a shops) with a GTM kit is very high. This is shown over and over again. With a Greddy kit, it will be right the 1st time.

If the greddy is too expensive, for about the same money as a GTM, you could have a kit built on your car from Soho. Have local support. S&R performance in FL could do the same as well.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

It takes 5 minutes to find the turbo charts for a focking mitsubishi turbo. Same with garret, same with hks.
That's not research. That's common knowledge.
If you think we all haven't seen that then you're an even bigger idiot than you appear to be.
Good luck with your gtm kit. Hope you break some rods.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

<<Misses the Philthy, Doug, Julian, VRT days...
Old 11-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Originally Posted by Resmarted
It takes 5 minutes to find the turbo charts for a focking mitsubishi turbo. Same with garret, same with hks.
That's not research. That's common knowledge.
If you think we all haven't seen that then you're an even bigger idiot than you appear to be.
Good luck with your gtm kit. Hope you break some rods.
Hope you break some rods? That's the most immature, dick comment I've seen on here. Grow up child. What are you 17. Anyways, your the one with the shitty DE engine. Have fun with your 1000hp build, then going on other threads talking about an engine swap "if your engine blows." Yeah, sounds like a good financial decision right there. Keep blowing money and blowing time.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Resmarted

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
Hope you break some rods? That's the most immature, dick comment I've seen on here. Grow up child. What are you 17. Anyways, your the one with the shitty DE engine. Have fun with your 1000hp build, then going on other threads talking about an engine swap "if your engine blows." Yeah, sounds like a good financial decision right there. Keep blowing money and blowing time.
Yeah if my engine blows. Never know what will happen. Any engine can blow if you're not careful. And even if you are careful.
Just like many guys on here and across many different platforms.
Eventually a race built engine will let go regardless of what make, or who built it. Race engines are built to specs that aren't designed to last 100k miles.
The more you post the more I think you shouldn't touch FI. Especially in our platform.

If you lost a rod, maybe you'd listen to those who've done this many times before. Because everyone in here is saying the same damn thing.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Yeah if my engine blows. Never know what will happen. Any engine can blow if you're not careful. And even if you are careful.
Just like many guys on here and across many different platforms.
Eventually a race built engine will let go regardless of what make, or who built it. Race engines are built to specs that aren't designed to last 100k miles.
The more you post the more I think you shouldn't touch FI. Especially in our platform.

If you lost a rod, maybe you'd listen to those who've done this many times before. Because everyone in here is saying the same damn thing.
And the more you talk the more I don't want to be apart of this platform. I'm sure there are better communities than some teenage punk Busch league comments like what you've put in. I know the value of this car is going in the dumpster and more and more kids are buying these things up but I've love the Z so much I've tried to hang on to it but maybe there are better things to move on to.

By the way, what does a rod have anything to do with a stock block fI build. I'm going to have the same power numbers with either kit and blowing a rod won't have anything to do with the brand of kit but rather the amount of torque I produce or cylinder pressure thats produced. Either kit could blow a rod.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Resmarted

Well rods have been well documented as the weak point of vq35's. I think you know that, as you've researched for 3 years.

You've also noticed, my comments are the same as plenty of other members get on here on a regular basis. Ignorance isn't rewarded. I got the same treatment at times. Which leads me to an important point:
If one bad forum experience is going to keep you from building your car then you were never going to succeed in the first place. Building a car is not as easy as you think.

I really have nothing to add to that. If you want to be mad at me or whatever go right on ahead. I really don't care.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Well rods have been well documented as the weak point of vq35's. I think you know that, as you've researched for 3 years.

You've also noticed, my comments are the same as plenty of other members get on here on a regular basis. Ignorance isn't rewarded. I got the same treatment at times. Which leads me to an important point:
If one bad forum experience is going to keep you from building your car then you were never going to succeed in the first place. Building a car is not as easy as you think.

I really have nothing to add to that. If you want to be mad at me or whatever go right on ahead. I really don't care.
I realize the length it takes for a build. I've already done a complete suspension and brake overhaul, that was a process in itself, now on to the engine I prepare for even more set backs and delays. I'm not mad at you. I'm just suprised someone part of a community would wish ill will on another person. We all have a commonality of love for the Z car, whether or not we choose certain products shouldn't result in negativity within the community.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:46 PM
moreboost13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aaa

Last edited by moreboost13; 11-21-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:43 AM
mknZ

I like how this thread went a complete different direction than what it started as.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:07 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default idiots

well, when you have idiots like mooreboost13 getting confused with simple fatcs and wanting to flame someone that did him a favor most people would be happy with, well, you can see what it is..

Ok CHRIDS, here it is one more time...listening? 26K was spent for the GTM engine.....about 80k in th car......total install with engine was going to be about 36k...GOT IT????

go back and read some books...maybe if you get a good education and job, you can **** away money like me.... I didnt want o lose it but things happen in this world....aren't you wasting studying time?

Look, quit this sniping crap here..nobody wants to here some car drama crap..about so and so and he did this and ya ya ya....

I posted my original GTM rape story some some other noob like me wouldn't go do the same stupid crap..get over it...I shot myself in the foot and admit it...

DROP IT! if you have a beef with me PM me....

Last edited by ogiehooker; 11-21-2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: addition
Old 11-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nobody gives two $hits about your GTM failure and your poor decisions.

Tired of seeing you cry all over the forums when many have done so and shared it before you.

I have more respect for the **** in my avatar and he can't even make steady payments on a blanket.

Last edited by Alberto; 11-22-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:08 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

and you think anyone gives a **** about some pudge **** yankee that all he can do is ***** on everyones parade? hey, ya ever heard if ya can't say something nice? I haven't heard 2 cents worth of useful information from you since i had the sorry luck to run across you...

And sorry for your brother in your avatar....you think I really give a ***** what your a$$ thinks of me? think again yankee ****!

And remeber, you were the first GTM coksuker to taste Sam's sauce!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ogiehooker; 11-22-2012 at 07:10 PM. Reason: left out info
Old 11-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Nismo350z#0310

I've seen a lot of success when going with just the GTM kit. I fellow Nismo owner on this site went that route, 3 Zs from my local shop, and Z1motorsports who I've heard have done about 16 or so GTM kit installs, probably more by now that was a while back. Everyone seems to be very happy with the choice. That's a very big sample size.

The point I see that starts to take a turn for the worse is the engine building stages where you get into $20+k.

I'm not going that route. I think my experience will be better for it. Mike gave me a great price shipped out the door. I don't want to name vender prices but I'll say this much, for what I could have gotten for the Greddy kit alone, I got the Stage 2 GTM tuner kit, fuel pump, injectors, oil cooler, 3 gauge set, NGK spark plugs shipped out the door, and it was still beating the price of the Greddy kit by almost- well we will say 4 digits. Even with the Greddy kit you not only don't have fuel and EMS but blowoff valves either, thats another $1000 for say the HKS ssqv. Also with the Greddy kit that helped me make my choice is you can't keep the front Strut bar or the Autech chassis damper. Unless you want to fabricate more and more stuff. No thanks. Keeping those 2 things are KEY to me because I'm trying to keep as much chassis rigidity as possible for handling purposes.

I do know the only repetitive complaint for the GTM kit is that the "fit" isn't the greatest thing ever.

I help run a small business. I can tell you this much, time frame is a huge factor in the continual progress of a companies process and procedures. I've noticed over time GTM has been improving at what they do. A lot of the negative reviews on the kit and much more, peoples overall experience with GTM has taken place from 2010 and back. That's almost 2 years of company development. Running my own business I know we are massively improved on our processes from 2 years ago.

I take very seriously the things everyone has said on these forums and on this thread. I've contemplated for a long time and I've had my reservations on venders for it.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:26 AM
GAMERMODZoCOM

The power you will create has a whole lot to do with other factors. Compression ratio determines how far you will be able to go before detonation (hence why boosted vehicles run lower compression) and the more air your engine can bring in (cams, displacement and head design) and push out (head design, exhaust size and restrictions) will determine how any kit will perform.

While I did over 1k whp on the Greddy kit, I did do this with the full Greddy TiC Race exaust on it (which is up for sale FYI). Had I taken the exaust off, I could have probably gained 100 +/- HP. You see this all the time with cars that run completely open exhaust systems or cutouts.

I also have about $7,000.00 just in head work (cams, valves, porting, etc) to flow more than 30% more than stock which contributed a lot to the power l created.

Lets also not forget fuel. We made these numbers on Q16. C16 would have made a little less, pump will make much less, VP Import could have made a decent amount more.

Point is, each kit "can" make more power than you will probably ever use but how much will be determined more on other supporting factors rather than the turbos in these kits.

Also remember that running ANY of the kits mentioned at 1000hp will take the turbo's into lower effeciency ranges (40% and lower which is outside the compressor map) and probably far in to the choke area. Both will limit the life of the turbo.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man... I miss the FI forum ever since I upgraded my Z to actually be fast. Thank God Alberto is still taking it to the uneducated folk.