Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

VQ35DE 5AT G35 Build (By Dynosty)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
they are definitely not replacing any timing parts (unless you have a specific line item for that). Just swapping them over.
I really don't see a need. After speaking with dustin many times about all the little details in my block and details in their products, I firmly believe if his chain should be replaced etc they would replace it. They don't skip anything.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Triji

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To be honest I am not to worried about a whole lot with this build. After calling and talking to both Dustin and Hal a number of times and having Hal call me on his own just to verify certain aspects of the build I am confident in their skills... I have another 5 weeks to go (at least) before the special order pistons and cams come in and have plenty of time to go over everything with them on the phone again at least twice (lol) ... And with shipping the car out there and letting them take car of her from instal to tuning I am sure I will be getting her back in better condition than when she left to go on her spa treatment vacation... I will give them as much time as they need to make sure she is top notch before they ship her back to me as well... Once they say she is good to go then I will be very comfortable with that. They will also be updating me with pics and hopefully a video or two of her on the dyno getting tuned.

Can't wait till Feb / March to roll around!
Old 12-31-2012, 05:20 PM
350zion
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by faiz23
I hope you are getting all new timing components like chains, guides, tensioners and VTC sprockets. Those parts are known to wear out specifically guides, tensioners and sprockets. I would make sure all your timing components are new versus 82,000 miles old.
Jus saying, from personal experience. Have them swap out the VTC gears... This will be a pain in the **** if found out on the dyno.. Trust me I kno!

I'm sure if any of the guides or tensioner look sketchy they will alert u..
Old 01-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Triji

Originally Posted by 350zion
Jus saying, from personal experience. Have them swap out the VTC gears... This will be a pain in the **** if found out on the dyno.. Trust me I kno!

I'm sure if any of the guides or tensioner look sketchy they will alert u..
Just talked to Dustin and he told me Eddy inspects everything to a enth degree when tearing down a block and again when reassembling one. If anything looks the least bit suspect they replace it on the spot and will notify me.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Eno

And I guess this is why Dynosty comes highly recommended within the enthusiast community.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 AM
Resmarted

Just for the record, they called me to go over details too, entertained millions of questions of mine, and called me when issues came up.

I wouldn't recommend them if I didn't have full faith in their capabilities
Old 01-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Triji

Time is getting close to put her on a trailer and send her on out.... I feel like a kid at Christmas here and can't wait to get her there in the good hands of the guys at Dynosty!

One addition I have made is I am upgrading to the Haltech for engine management so I will not be limited by the MAF... Hal has a unit or two left that works with the Auto tranny and he is one of the best tuners around for these units so I decided go that route -vs- the uprev and taking his recommendation in this area.

Still a 'pansy' when it comes to putting her on the transport for the journey and I hope they can handle a lowered car with care getting her on and off there but there is no turning back now.

Will update with pics when she is being loaded up in a cpl weeks.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Triji

So today was the day she was supposed to get on te trailer and get in route to Dynosty.... Well.... Did I say "supposed to" ?? ...

So the trailer pulls up and we push her back out of the garage and get her ready to get on the trailer. I made sure he had boards with him cause ya, she is lowered on espiler springs. We line her up and she is almost ready to be loaded up. Oh and of course it's raining out cause I washed her this weekend in prep for her trip.

Yep... looking close but we are going to give it a try...

Doesn't look like it's going to make the next step up so what would everyone do?... Yeah, take the front bumper off!

Ok now the intercooler may not clear... Well un-bolt it from the mounts and get some bunji cords...

So we clear the horizontal bar going across the trailer...BUT... You see those vertical bars sticking up? ... She would NOT clear those... Well her nose and the intercooler would but the frame rails were scraping and she got hung up so we had no choice but to back her back down and push her back in the garage.... CRAP!...

So took the front bumper out of the interior of the car (yeah, had the bumper IN the car), put her back together and washed her again when the rain stopped...

Now to go price out enclosed liftgate transports..... That's not gonna be cheap.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:59 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

damn that sucks, unless you can find someone with a flatbed willing to hall it or some shipper w/a different floor on their tow trucks
Old 02-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Triji

Yeah, going to need an enclosed trailer with a liftgate... She will make it on there but that is about $1200 - $1300 to get to KY from AZ on one of those...

Not to mention... See the gloves on that guy?!? ... He was pushing on her with those damn things on his hands and micro marred the paint everywhere he touched her!... I re washer her tonight after it stopped raining and had to get the porter cable and polish out and polish out all his damn micromarring! .... .UGH!

Originally Posted by ImWeeZzel
damn that sucks, unless you can find someone with a flatbed willing to hall it or some shipper w/a different floor on their tow trucks
Old 02-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Suwaidi

I like your detailing OCD. This coming from someone who stayed up till 4AM under some lamp posts (enough light) finishing up my wax with an orbital buffer

Anyways, good luck with your build!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Triji

LOL yeah thanks... I am petty damn OCD when it comes to her paint... She's now 10 years old and I got to keep her looking fresh as a babies a$$ ... My actual washing / waxing ritual takes me 6-8 hours to complete which includes taking the wheels off and scrubbing the inner barrels, springs, polishing the brakes and removing the fender liners to scrub them on both sides.... OCD??? Who me??

Originally Posted by Suwaidi
I like your detailing OCD. This coming from someone who stayed up till 4AM under some lamp posts (enough light) finishing up my wax with an orbital buffer

Anyways, good luck with your build!
Old 02-12-2013, 04:39 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What in the world is up with that tow truck? Tell them to get a truck without those stupid rails. I've never had an issue with my lowered G on a truck. The driver brings more than just 1 board as well.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:42 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Your car is low! Maybe you can just raise it 2 inches until it comes back to you! Alternatively, stock up on planks and do it again. I think you could still get it on that flatbed...
Old 02-12-2013, 06:45 AM
Triji

Yeah, not sure what was up with those rails... If they were not there we would have been golden. Now I have to call Brandi at Agape auto transport and see what we can work out to get her shipped. Not looking forward to much to that call and hope I am not out of my $180 deposit because of this.

Originally Posted by binder
What in the world is up with that tow truck? Tell them to get a truck without those stupid rails. I've never had an issue with my lowered G on a truck. The driver brings more than just 1 board as well.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:50 AM
Triji

I can't really 'raise her' easily as I am lowered on espelir springs and not coilovers... But I still have my stock springs in my garage, would just have to get those back on somehow. I don't have a spring compressor though to do that and cant drive her somewhere to do it (rod knock)... May have to bite the bullet and just put her on a enclosed liftgate truck.

Originally Posted by rcdash
Your car is low! Maybe you can just raise it 2 inches until it comes back to you! Alternatively, stock up on planks and do it again. I think you could still get it on that flatbed...
Old 02-12-2013, 11:06 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you are wayy over thinking this. just have them ship you the motor. You have the most basic setup. Either the motor is built properly, or its not. That is out of your hands or whoever you have install it.

The time it took to even try to load the car onto that trailer, you could have had your old motor pulled. Seriously.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Resmarted

you are wayy over thinking this. just have them ship you the motor. You have the most basic setup. Either the motor is built properly, or its not. That is out of your hands or whoever you have install it.

The time it took to even try to load the car onto that trailer, you could have had your old motor pulled. Seriously.
True dat.

Anyway, you'd be better off installing the springs yourself than paying out the a** to get it shipped.
Hell for what you're going to pay to get this thing shipped, go buy some coils and put them in. I guarantee it will be less than what your shipping is going to be.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Triji

Yeah I know I am... Wish I could get over it to save some money but I can't for some reason. I just personally feel more comfortable with having the shop building the motor install and tune it. I am having a Haltech installed as well so having Hal tune it will also set my mind at ease that it is done right. They have been great to deal with over the phone and I have no doubt that they will make it right.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Triji

Originally Posted by Resmarted
True dat.

Anyway, you'd be better off installing the springs yourself than paying out the a** to get it shipped.
Hell for what you're going to pay to get this thing shipped, go buy some coils and put them in. I guarantee it will be less than what your shipping is going to be.
I got an enclosed trailer w/ liftgate coming next Monday for not much more than the open carrier was actually, I got a bit of a 'deal' due to the issue with this trailer... So all is good. But shipping her back may be a bit more... I may fly out there and drive her back to save some bucks.

Quick Reply: VQ35DE 5AT G35 Build (By Dynosty)