Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

VQ35DE 5AT G35 Build (By Dynosty)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 01:36 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i would get a deadline in writing. Could easily turn into 3 months turnaorund as thats common at all shops when the owner is not local.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:57 PM
Triji

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear what you are saying... At this point she has been sitting in my garage for almost 2 years now while I saved up my pennies to get this build done and I have truck now that I use as my daily driver so to me I would rather have her done right than done fast. That being said they have the special order pistons in and everything else is pretty much ready to go. Just waiting on the Kelford cams which should be there very soon. They were quoted 6 weeks to get those in and we are just about there. I am also sending the blower to 928 to get it re-built with all new bearings and a 928 impeller once the car gets there so that will be about a week return time.

I don't think it will take 3 months since the block has been machined and all parts are pretty much there minus the cams so once the car gets there it should go smoothly. I am getting a full longblock so all that is already at their shop. They should be able to get quite a bit done while waiting for the blower to return from 928.

Originally Posted by str8dum1
i would get a deadline in writing. Could easily turn into 3 months turnaorund as thats common at all shops when the owner is not local.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:16 PM
JaE35z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ugh what a pain in the *** the low life lol
Old 02-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Triji

Originally Posted by JaE35z
ugh what a pain in the *** the low life lol
Yeah, tell me about it... And the thing is she is just dropped on springs and not slammed on coils or anything crazy. I don't have her all tucked and a crazy low rider thing goin on but she was just about an inch to low to get on that carrier. Live and learn I guess...
Old 02-18-2013, 12:45 PM
n/az33

Just to give you some more peace of mind about Dynosty, I had my Z there today getting some bushings installed. Eddy and Hal did all the work. When I got the car back I did my usual walk around and was expecting some fingerprints on the doors, fenders and or windows, but there was nothing. They didn't even move my seat....
Old 02-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Triji

^^ Good to hear! My car is supposed to be sheduled for pickup again tomorrow and I hope it does because Wednesday it is supposed to friggn rain again here and I just got her all washed up and ready to go after it rained on her the last time it was scheduled... I mean WTF I live in a damn desert! (lol)
Old 02-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Triji

So the enclosed trailer came by today and picker her up, she is on her way to her vacation / spa treatment to Dynosty!

She made it up on this trailer much easier and more smoothly than that last fiasco! AND... It was not raining today! (lol)

Mixture of happy / apprehensive feelings seeing her go... Excited to get her back and finally drive her again tho, been saving up for nearly 2 years to be able to get this build done.

Couple of pics of her being loaded up:

All lined up ready to go in

Looks like she's going to clear!

Yup she cleared and is almost in

Much easier than the last transport!

That's an M5 in front of her and a Jag above... She is in pretty good company, although I can't stand bimmers! Ugh... pieces of electronical nightmares!

Lump in the throat time, she is almost in!

Getting her all secured... Take car of my girl!!

As snug as a bug in a rug!! Next time I see you, you will be all fixed up and better than ever!

She should be there on Thursday... Have a safe trip!
Old 02-19-2013, 06:54 PM
drvqz33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear nothing but good stuff when it comes to Dynosty. I hope everything turns out good man, i'm looking forward to more progress/pics!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:05 PM
padilla03z

what shipping company did u use? ima send my **** to dynosty in a couple months aswell
edit...my bad just read it back a page....is that agape auto transport?

Last edited by padilla03z; 02-19-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:35 PM
Triji

Thanks! Hoping to get some pics of the build in progress so I can post them up. Talked to Dustin today and he told me they would be snapping some for me soon.

Originally Posted by RomeZ
I hear nothing but good stuff when it comes to Dynosty. I hope everything turns out good man, i'm looking forward to more progress/pics!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:44 PM
Triji

Agape was the Co that set up the transport. They quote you a price and farm out the actual transportation to another party. The company that actually is doing the shipping is Ace American Transportation LLC... They did a good job loading her up, I'll see on Thurs if she shows up in good condition. If she does I can give you their contact information but I don't want to recommend them quite yet until the delivery has been made. It is an enclosed carrier so it's not as 'cheap' as you could get it done on an open carrier however.

Originally Posted by padilla03z
what shipping company did u use? ima send my **** to dynosty in a couple months aswell
edit...my bad just read it back a page....is that agape auto transport?
Old 02-19-2013, 07:51 PM
OldManZ350

Received 230 Likes on 170 Posts

Hay Art, glad to see you got your Car off to Dynosty.

Timrod
Old 02-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Triji

Thanks Tim!... She will be in good hands out there I am sure. Once she gets there and they get the SC bracket off I will have the blower shipped to 928 for the impeller upgrade and a full rebuild of the bearings / seals as well.

Originally Posted by OldManZ350
Hay Art, glad to see you got your Car off to Dynosty.

Timrod
Old 02-20-2013, 06:57 AM
meanz

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Cant wait to see how this turns out!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:52 AM
Eno

I think I said this once before but Jesus I love that color. My absolute favorite.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:47 AM
padilla03z

I wouldn't mind the extra money because im deployed and I cant see her off...I just want to make sure it gets there fine...my engine is hydrolocked...do they have a winch or someone way to get it on without its own power...im sure I could ask them but all these pics get me anxious....not tryin to jack ur thread of course
Old 02-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Triji

No, I don't think this one had a winch... The first one, the open carrier did but my car would not fit due to the rails on it. If your car is not to low then it may fit on one of those...

Originally Posted by padilla03z
I wouldn't mind the extra money because im deployed and I cant see her off...I just want to make sure it gets there fine...my engine is hydrolocked...do they have a winch or someone way to get it on without its own power...im sure I could ask them but all these pics get me anxious....not tryin to jack ur thread of course
Old 02-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Triji

Thanks They are becoming more rare now as the Twilight Blue was produced for only one model year in 2004. I am partial to the color as well.

Originally Posted by ITNKICN
I think I said this once before but Jesus I love that color. My absolute favorite.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Triji

LOL.... Yeah, me either!

Originally Posted by meanz
Cant wait to see how this turns out!
Old 02-20-2013, 04:49 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One nice looking G. Beautiful.

Quick Reply: VQ35DE 5AT G35 Build (By Dynosty)