Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Total D's New Build: Time for Enyo to get a nice set of twins ;)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 11:30 PM
ace32x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Total D
Haha yeah it's nice clutch. Craftsmanship of the clutch is really good. I had the twin before this and honestly I couldn't have been happier. Only reason I went with the triple is because I'll be pushing the twin pass its labeled limits.

LMAO, lots of suction will be going on in the tank. This is one of two, (3) 485 systems that I know of. CJM did one for Hal, and the one I have from a different company. I got this setup not knowing Charles was doing a triple setup. Oh well, I still have his intake manifold.
i hear RPS makes some good stuff, i also have theyre tripple in my vette (just went in today finally) excited to see how it drives
Old 03-22-2014, 05:24 PM
Total D

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I haven't had any problems with any of the ones I have used.

I apologize for the lack of updates, Haven't been able to work on her lately, since I'm waiting for a few things to come in. Fuel system, lower intake manifold, 4 port boost solenoid, lines and fittings, heat wrap for the lines, gold foil for firewall, and a few other things to get the engine back in.

I have 4 Defi BF white 60mm gauges boost, egt, oil and fuel press that I will be selling, since I wont be using them anymore. Going another route in that department.

Last edited by Total D; 03-22-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:15 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default intake

J, I really liked the intake when it was polished.. GL with finishing!
Old 03-22-2014, 06:30 PM
npr350z

1300hp? Trying to kick start the planet?! Spin it backwards and go back in time!?

No but being serious, I'm sorry about the fire. I'm glad you and your family where ok.

I take it that's all ceramic coating?
Old 03-22-2014, 07:01 PM
Total D

Originally Posted by ogiehooker
J, I really liked the intake when it was polished.. GL with finishing!
Yea, I wanted to try something different, if you end up getting it, it's not hard to go back. I'll actually do it for you.

Originally Posted by npr350z
1300hp? Trying to kick start the planet?! Spin it backwards and go back in time!?

No but being serious, I'm sorry about the fire. I'm glad you and your family where ok.

I take it that's all ceramic coating?
Haha, that's funny... My current motor wull only handle around 850-900rwhp. I have another motor being done. Figured i'd drive on this while I wait for the heads and block to be done.

Thanks, we were inside eating, so I am glad no one was in it.

All the hot parts are ceramic coated, the pieces above are wrinkle black. Just wanted to clean up the front cover area,was pretty nasty after the fire.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:44 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BUMP for answers to this post in another thread.

https://my350z.com/forum/10348400-post7.html
Old 04-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Total D

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
BUMP for answers to this post in another thread.

https://my350z.com/forum/10348400-post7.html
Answered in the thread for you I apologize for the delay.

Status update: Waiting on fuel system still. Coming out with a dual and triple fuel pump solution for the 350z all years and 370z. Other than that, I'm kinda at a standstill until then.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:38 PM
Total D

Well, looks like this build going to take longer than planned. Still doing going through with it, just looking over some new options I'll planning on doing. I sold the motor to a friend that was in a pinch, so I'm motor less at the moment. I'll keep everyone updated as time progresses. Have a few emails out, so I'm waiting to pull any triggers before I make final decisions.

Heads are taken care of.
Block- waiting to see what's the best option to go with.
Oiling system- stay wet or go dry.

All of those has been discussed already earlier, but still have few things going through my head on how I actually want my build to be.

With that said, you guys gonna have to wait for a little longer. My apologies as I know there are a few of you guys ready to see my build finished just as much as I am.

All I can say is check back from time to time or follow on facebook.

Jeremiah
Old 04-27-2014, 10:19 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Well, looks like this build going to take longer than planned. Still doing going through with it, just looking over some new options I'll planning on doing. I sold the motor to a friend that was in a pinch, so I'm motor less at the moment. I'll keep everyone updated as time progresses. Have a few emails out, so I'm waiting to pull any triggers before I make final decisions.

Heads are taken care of.
Block- waiting to see what's the best option to go with.
Oiling system- stay wet or go dry.

All of those has been discussed already earlier, but still have few things going through my head on how I actually want my build to be.

With that said, you guys gonna have to wait for a little longer. My apologies as I know there are a few of you guys ready to see my build finished just as much as I am.

All I can say is check back from time to time or follow on facebook.

Jeremiah
I'm actually willing to let my complete powertrain go... It's all brand spanking new. Aside from the head/valves. If you need a new block let me know
Old 05-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Total D

Originally Posted by Resmarted
I'm actually willing to let my complete powertrain go... It's all brand spanking new. Aside from the head/valves. If you need a new block let me know
I'm good man, thanks for the offer. I have a full longblock to build off already. Just waiting for a few emails to come through on some of the parts I'm going to be using.

Plan is to go with 10.1cr Weisco pistons and Manley turbo tuff rods, Dan Benson sleeves. Debating on the crank though, only crank I've been able to find is the GTM (horror stories, so skeptical) and BC. I'd like to do a 3.8L, so anyone with stroker experience. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:55 AM
the3kgt2

Debating on the crank though, only crank I've been able to find is the GTM (horror stories, so skeptical) and BC.
Be skeptical of their service, not so much their parts. If you can find a local dealer/vendor to buy GTM parts through then you just have to deal with your local guy if anything goes wrong. Still sucks giving a lousy company money though...but they sometimes have great parts.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Total D

Originally Posted by the3kgt2
Be skeptical of their service, not so much their parts. If you can find a local dealer/vendor to buy GTM parts through then you just have to deal with your local guy if anything goes wrong. Still sucks giving a lousy company money though...but they sometimes have great parts.
I'd rather not send my money somewhere with the fact of knowing I may not see my parts. I've had a few friends get messed over dealing with them. I know there are two sides of every story however, GTMs rep isn't great at all here. I was going to see about doing a sonny bryant crank, but that's a little out of my price range. I guess BC is my only option.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:21 AM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There's the Brian Crower Crank.

http://www.briancrower.com/makes/nis..._stroker.shtml
Old 05-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Total D

Originally Posted by Vq.turbo.DremZ
Yea I know where to get the info on BC CRANK.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hah wow! I browsed over the posts, totally missed you mentioning the BC crank. My fault.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:09 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Finally I found it. When you said about your thread in supraforum.com I didn't think it was this one.

I'm in the same situation since I'm thinking about getting the HR GTM 60MM Competition Radiator, but I don't want to deal with again.

They do make great products but their services sucks. Just like AAM.

GL.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Total D

Originally Posted by Vq.turbo.DremZ
Hah wow! I browsed over the posts, totally missed you mentioning the BC crank. My fault.
No worries man.

Originally Posted by midz350
Finally I found it. When you said about your thread in supraforum.com I didn't think it was this one.

I'm in the same situation since I'm thinking about getting the HR GTM 60MM Competition Radiator, but I don't want to deal with again.

They do make great products but their services sucks. Just like AAM.

GL.
Thanks Yea their rep make it very hard to want to deal with them. I can speak personally as I have yet to deal with them, but I've seen enough to know I have been warned.

GL to you as well.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:54 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

heh pop in to see if any good deals and see this. look into getting the crank offset ground and welded. perfectly fine and tons of engines make huge power do it.
I'm good man, thanks for the offer. I have a full longblock to build off already. Just waiting for a few emails to come through on some of the parts I'm going to be using.

Plan is to go with 10.1cr Weisco pistons and Manley turbo tuff rods, Dan Benson sleeves. Debating on the crank though, only crank I've been able to find is the GTM (horror stories, so skeptical) and BC. I'd like to do a 3.8L, so anyone with stroker experience. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:55 AM
Total D

Originally Posted by jerryd87
heh pop in to see if any good deals and see this. look into getting the crank offset ground and welded. perfectly fine and tons of engines make huge power do it.
You talking about doing this to the stock crank?
Old 05-02-2014, 06:58 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

yes its pretty common thing done with drag racers and to my knowledge no one has broken a stock crank. you can even get some extra displacement simply grinding and polishing it down to 2.0 inch diameter bearings which are used in alot of applications without welding although i dont have a empty block to measure which ones would be needed nor will it make a 3.8L

its simply a option you can discuss with the machine shop

You talking about doing this to the stock crank?

Last edited by jerryd87; 05-02-2014 at 07:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Total D's New Build: Time for Enyo to get a nice set of twins ;)