Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

CJ Motorsports Greddy TT Update

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 09:19 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

9 psi made 467... i would creep up to 10 here and there but rare.

not sure on the miles... quite a bit... tons of abuse... beat on it all day every day, that summer/fall i would go thru a tank a day, often more... it just wouldnt blow up... it couldnt, it was too good of a setup. ran/started/drove like or better than stock, and never once left me stranded anywhere. upon teardown for the build, everything was mint.

basic engine mods at the time, RFS, hks 1000cc inj, FCON, Greddy Kit, Test Pipes, Borla Catback, JWT clutch, lots of heat wrap, and all the extras (knock amp, twin hks bov, etc etc).

attached pics of the oldschool setup from back then... my Z, summer 2004... the dynograph is the day i installed the fcon

funny looking at these (for me), seems like a past life... i have changed so much of the car its only a vague memory of it being like that. blast from the past.... sharif might be one of the only guys that still posts here to remember this stuff.

Last edited by phunk; 11-11-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:48 PM
SH Luciano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's wicked, i remember seeing your car up at streets but i'm fairly certain you had built the block by then. i think it was just after you did the 3.3fd swap...you had a nice run with a black supra running race gas if memory serves me correctly...
Old 06-25-2009, 10:45 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the car woulda already been built block, painted graphite gray (the paint job before how its painted now)... i havent had it up to streets often... i think you might be talking about the night i went out racing to huntly and back with a bunch of cars... there was a video of that night posted on a site:

http://www.spdkilz.org/Video-Audio/M...s996TTvsM5.wmv

i had to a chance to run almost all those cars or chase them while they were running, but the only run you really see my car in the video is at the very end after the credits you see/hear me do a 4th gear roll out. there were 2 other TT 350s that night

that was probably 2006
Old 06-26-2009, 04:58 AM
SH Luciano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phunk
the car woulda already been built block, painted graphite gray (the paint job before how its painted now)... i havent had it up to streets often... i think you might be talking about the night i went out racing to huntly and back with a bunch of cars... there was a video of that night posted on a site:

http://www.spdkilz.org/Video-Audio/M...s996TTvsM5.wmv

i had to a chance to run almost all those cars or chase them while they were running, but the only run you really see my car in the video is at the very end after the credits you see/hear me do a 4th gear roll out. there were 2 other TT 350s that night

that was probably 2006
Yup, that's the video and the night I was talking about. I was riding in Brian's car working the camera...