Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

5AT build recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Triji

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup.... I am getting the older Haltech when my G gets there to Dynosty to work with my 5AT. It is finally getting picked up on Monday for the trip out there and she should be there in about 5-7 days after that.

Originally Posted by rcdash
The new Haltech only works on the 6MT. The old Haltech works for either. This is because torque management via the CAN bus is not (yet) supported in the new unit. The old unit relies on the stock ECU to transmit estimated torque values via CAN (and thus a working MAF is required to feed the stock ECU data).
Old 02-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
The OP's ECU does not even use the same pin out harness.

Unless he was going to hardwire something in, all these talks of Haltech and Uprev are moot.
Huh.
Well you know what that means
*hits the f*** it spend ALL the money button*
CUSTOM HARNESS W/ PRO EFI OR MOTEC
Old 02-08-2013, 05:14 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Triji
Yup.... I am getting the older Haltech when my G gets there to Dynosty to work with my 5AT. It is finally getting picked up on Monday for the trip out there and she should be there in about 5-7 days after that.
You don't have to get an "older" ProEFI and they're local to you. They also have a transmission control module with lots of nice features.

http://proefi.com/info/transmission-control-module/
Old 02-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Triji

Thanks, I brought that up to Hal and will get his opinion but I am putting the tuning into his hands and will go with what he suggests since he will be doing the tuning and he's one of the best in the business... I have no doubt in his abilities and the support he gives for the Haltech.

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
You don't have to get an "older" ProEFI and they're local to you. They also have a transmission control module with lots of nice features.

http://proefi.com/info/transmission-control-module/
Old 02-08-2013, 12:36 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Thanks, I brought that up to Hal and will get his opinion but I am putting the tuning into his hands and will go with what he suggests since he will be doing the tuning and he's one of the best in the business... I have no doubt in his abilities and the support he gives for the Haltech.
I know a lot of peeps here on this forum support Hal. But you would be hard pressed to find a better or more experienced tuner than Jason Siebels, the owner of ProEFI. Ask the guys at Sound Performance. He is very renowned and his reputation transcends the VQ platform.

http://proefi.com/info/about-us/

You could have Hal do the build and then have Jason do the tune. Or better yet... I bet Saad Racing could do your build top notch. Then you could keep it all local.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 02-08-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:49 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I know a lot of peeps here on this forum support Hal. But you would be hard pressed to find a better or more experienced tuner than Jason Siebels, the owner of ProEFI. You could have Hal do the build and then have Jason do the tune. Or better yet... I bet Saad Racing could do your build top notch. Then you could keep it all local.
Pro Efi Guys are legit. They won't do you wrong, but Hal would have better experience with VQ's. A good dyno tuner will get you pretty much max power regardless. That being said, Hal would still be my top pick for a vq35+a Z chassis especially with a haltech.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Triji

Build is already in progress and car goes on the transport on Monday, It's a done deal.

I know a lot of peeps here on this forum support Hal. But you would be hard pressed to find a better or more experienced tuner than Jason Siebels, the owner of ProEFI. Ask the guys at Sound Performance. He is very renowned and his reputation transcends the VQ platform.

http://proefi.com/info/about-us/

You could have Hal do the build and then have Jason do the tune. Or better yet... I bet Saad Racing could do your build top notch. Then you could keep it all local.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:03 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Resmarted
Pro Efi Guys are legit. They won't do you wrong, but Hal would have better experience with VQ's. A good dyno tuner will get you pretty much max power regardless. That being said, Hal would still be my top pick for a vq35+a Z chassis especially with a haltech.
I'm not sure I agree with you on that. Jason has tuned quite a few VQ's and developed PnP VQ specific applications. You just don't hear about it much on this forum because ProEFI never became a sponsor here and not all of their VQ customers are on this forum.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:07 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Build is already in progress and car goes on the transport on Monday, It's a done deal.
Oh well... Good luck with the build. You should have done some more research locally IMO. There wasn't any need to ship your car across the country to get what you wanted.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Triji

I did quite a bit of research locally actually and that is one reason I am shipping her out there. Heck, I was going to have Intense do the install but they NEVER answer their phone and was not getting good vibes from them. Looked at 4 or so places and for peace of mind and not have to worry about finger pointing / pissn match from the engine builder to the installer if things went south on the install I decided to ship her out there for peace of mind and to me for peace of mind when dealing with a build such as this it is worth it. I called many places and got the best vibes and the service from Dynosty over the phone. Heck they actually answer the phone every time I call and don't mind going over things with you...

I am very comfortable with my decision.

Oh well... Good luck with the build. You should have done some more research locally IMO. There wasn't any need to ship your car across the country to get what you wanted.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:19 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

I did quite a bit of research locally actually and that is one reason I am shipping her out there. Heck, I was going to have Intense do the install but they NEVER answer their phone and was not getting good vibes from them. Looked at 4 or so places and for peace of mind and not have to worry about finger pointing / pissn match from the engine builder to the installer if things went south on the install I decided to ship her out there for peace of mind and to me for peace of mind when dealing with a build such as this it is worth it. I called many places and got the best vibes and the service from Dynosty over the phone. Heck they actually answer the phone every time I call and don't mind going over things with you...

I am very comfortable with my decision.
I wasn't talking about Intense. Did you look into Saad Racing or UMS?
Old 02-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Triji

I wasn't talking about Intense. Did you look into Saad Racing or UMS?
Yeah... I like Tony and UMS A LOT and will probably go there for any future tuning I may need and almost went with them for the install (was really close actually) but I just did not want to get into any finger pointing if something went wrong with the install or if something went wrong upon start up.

This way Dynosty can walk it thru from start to finish... Personally I just feel more comfortable with them seeing it thru and have no chances of finger pointing since it is their build, install and tune.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:10 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Yeah... I like Tony and UMS A LOT and will probably go there for any future tuning I may need and almost went with them for the install (was really close actually) but I just did not want to get into any finger pointing if something went wrong with the install or if something went wrong upon start up.

This way Dynosty can walk it thru from start to finish... Personally I just feel more comfortable with them seeing it thru and have no chances of finger pointing since it is their build, install and tune.
Hmmmm.... I understand what you're saying, but it sounds like you didn't know about Saad Racing. There wouldn't be issues with their capabilities or with finger pointing between builder and tuner. I know Dynosty is the most popular shop on this forum at the moment and everyone seems to be pleased with him. But Hal/Dynosty isn't the only top notch shop that can walk it through from start to finish,(SP, VTR, PF Supercars) and you had some excellent options right here in AZ. Anyway... good luck.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:03 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Hmmmm.... I understand what you're saying, but it sounds like you didn't know about Saad Racing. There wouldn't be issues with their capabilities or with finger pointing between builder and tuner. I know Dynosty is the most popular shop on this forum at the moment and everyone seems to be pleased with him. But Hal/Dynosty isn't the only top notch shop that can walk it through from start to finish,(SP, VTR, PF Supercars) and you had some excellent options right here in AZ. Anyway... good luck.
What Forged P not mentioned............lol.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:05 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

LOL