Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

northeast dynosty build aps tt

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 05:10 AM
silva350z

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

no its from the aam fuel return kit....i beleive in the cjm kit that would be the fuel correction hose. the housing is stock but was modified for the kit. the swirl jet mod was done for the aeromotive fuel pump

Last edited by silva350z; 05-07-2017 at 05:41 AM.
The following users liked this post:
gringott (05-07-2017)
Old 05-07-2017, 06:21 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I'd definitely remove and replace that sleeve and line. That definitely doesn't look good
Old 05-07-2017, 07:37 AM
silva350z

the hose is fine just gotta cut that sleeve off
Old 05-07-2017, 07:46 AM
Zivman

What is the sleeve for?
Old 05-07-2017, 08:18 AM
silva350z

i assume its just so that the line doesnt wear the plastic or to serve for some sort of protection idk cant say for sure. the line came with it so thats just how it was installed. i dont think its detrimental to have. The line itself is stainless there isnt anything wrong with it. All i no is that what ever the sleeve is for its definately not serving any use now like that and is just clogging my sock.

Last edited by silva350z; 05-07-2017 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:14 PM
silva350z

I cut off the sleeve and cleaned the sock and put it back on and in the car .
I'll be really happy if thats all my problem was. I'll see soon enough. If thats not it then i gota decide on weather i want to buy another stock assembly or just spend the money and upgrade to a cjm twin hanger...
Old 05-08-2017, 03:59 AM
Zivman

that is heat shielding... wtf is that needed for inside the tank? maybe using it as insulating ?
I have the aps big fuel system. got a good deal on it back in the day. I have modified enough of it now... but hind sight, I would have gone with cjm as well
Old 05-11-2017, 07:47 AM
Zivman

Still making progress?

I put my trans back in last night. I just need to get my intakes in and then we will be putting the front of the car back on.

I ended up ordering a new catch can setup from dynosty. I had my lhs intake tube cleaned up. Removed the recirc and valve cover feed from it.

Old 05-12-2017, 05:23 AM
silva350z

Nah I was at a stand still. I just got some heat sheath I ordered from summit yesterday to wrap my SS clutch line so that will be going on today. I should be driving it this weekend hopefully.

Hal has the limiter set for 6k so I'm not sure if it's a good idea for me to remove it for me to test in the street. I think I'm going to have the guy at the local dyno I was using strap it on and do a quick test pull to see if my fuel pressure is good now. If all looks good I'm going to book a remote session with Hal otherwise I have some more money to spend and work to do.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:21 AM
Zivman

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge in cabin?
Old 05-12-2017, 12:25 PM
silva350z

no just have the gauge on the regulator in the bay.... which I can't see
Old 05-13-2017, 07:52 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by silva350z
no just have the gauge on the regulator in the bay.... which I can't see
Id definitely do what it takes to make sure it's sorted before pushing it. if that's an hour or two of dyno time, id definitely set it up.

I spent 2 hours working on the stupid LHS intake. with the coupler sitting on the motor mount and the AC pump right there it really is tough to get it installed even though you can physically get your hand in there.

anyways I ended up unbolting the AC compressor and got the darn thing mounted. hoping my brother stops by the shop tomorrow to get the front end on. after that, I will be replacing plugs, seating the injectors and rails and be ready to fire the engine again....... and then babying it around town till first week in july. our area needs another good tuner. there is a lot of demand (at least this time of year). I scheduled my tune weeks ago, and july 5th was the soonest they had open. damn ricers
Old 05-15-2017, 11:49 AM
Zivman

Got mine up and running today. I always forget how much work it is doing the final assembly on the front end. Still Needs the bumper cover and liners, but my z is running again.

Did you have time to finish up yours over the weekend?
Old 05-15-2017, 01:05 PM
silva350z

Ya I did finish it. Took a lot more time than I expected to take. Between adjusting the rjm pedal and adjusting the rod on the master it was frustrating trying to find a happy medium and my back wasn't very happy. I got the jist of it after a while. Right now its grabbing right to the floor so it still needs some more adjusting . Anyway I can drive it now so ill be cruising around with it to make sure I don't loose my pedal again.

I gotta say i'm not very happy with my cd009. It's very notchy going into gear. 2nd is the worse. They don't grind it just definitely doesn't feel like butter at all. Well...my 3rd feels great that's extremely smooth I wish all my gears felt like that but they don't. It's very hard for it to go in 1st and 2nd. Idk if it's because it's new and it needs to be broken in or something. I have redline mt85 in it which seems to be the favorite for fluid so I'm not sure whats going on. Is this normal for a new tranny?

Congrats on the start up looks like we both get to drive at the same time. I definitely missed it. Even though I can't play it still feels great to have it back out.

Who's tuning yours? Theres only one person in my area that tunes in our platform but Dynosty built the motor so I felt it was only right to have Hal tune it. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford to fly him here and I didn't have time to take a 14hr trip to him so I had to go with a remote session.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:11 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I think it will get better, just make sure you have no air in the line. The manual transmission in this car is loud, noisy, and a bit rough but it's not too bad and it can hold the power; so can't complain too much.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:14 PM
silva350z

it seems to be getting better and better the more i drive it
Old 05-16-2017, 04:49 AM
Zivman

I have the RJM... having had it and adjusting it, If i could go back in time, I wouldn't order it. I think I was looking for a solution for a problem I didn't have. In the process I made my whole clutch setup FUBAR. constantly adjusting it to get it to feel like it did with the stock pedal assembly.

I updated to a CD009 a couple yrs ago. I took out 3rd completely in my CD008. I opted for a used trans I found for $500. figured it was worth the risk. only thing I really noticed about it was 5th being very close to 3rd. other than that, it felt about the same.

I am getting my car tuned locally -> DB Peformance we have a couple good tuners in the area, but the demand is too high the first half of the season. I tried to get everything done in march and was tuned, but I didn't have my problem(s) corrected. I booked a month ago for my next tune ----- July 5th was the earliest they had open
Old 05-16-2017, 05:29 AM
silva350z

Ya I'm sure Hal must be extremely busy right now too. I'm afraid to find out when I can get a spot in. I might just call to reserve the spot at least. It's track season again so everyone is trying to get ready. I just want to make sure the car is 100% before I waste a day at the dyno.

I did notice the gears feeling closer together in this tranny, I thought it was just me.

I was shocked how light the stock pedal felt with the twin disk but I had the rjm pedal so I just put it in. Right now I'm just trying to find the right grabbing point. I just hate bending back down in there.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:16 AM
Zivman

Originally Posted by silva350z
Ya I'm sure Hal must be extremely busy right now too. I'm afraid to find out when I can get a spot in. I might just call to reserve the spot at least. It's track season again so everyone is trying to get ready. I just want to make sure the car is 100% before I waste a day at the dyno.

I did notice the gears feeling closer together in this tranny, I thought it was just me.

I was shocked how light the stock pedal felt with the twin disk but I had the rjm pedal so I just put it in. Right now I'm just trying to find the right grabbing point. I just hate bending back down in there.
you might get the pedal setup in one adjustment, or it might take 30... I found it to be more trouble than it's probably worth for me.

I have driven my car for a couple days now and I hate to jinx it , but it feels really good. I mean the best it has in yrs. I know this is putting bad Karma out there, but I put the under tray and even the front strut bar back on. don't remember the last time they were both on the car.

the one thing I didn't expect was the catch can setup smell. I guess what did I expect? the LHS valve cover is ported directly into it and it vents atmosphere. Not a huge fan of this... I guess if this is the only issue I should be happy
Old 05-17-2017, 05:11 AM
silva350z

Oh no you put the under tray on lol that's when everything started going wrong for me !

Ya I get the smell from my catch can too I don't mind it. It is what it is.

This clutch pedal is really pissing me off now its gradually grabbing higher and higher as I drive it now ..... and i havn't touched the adjustment. I need to see if the nut on the clevis for the rod is coming loose on me.

This just isn't right