Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

VIDEO - Socal DYNO day - part 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004 | 11:35 AM
THX723

Default VIDEO - Socal DYNO day - part 2

As a continuation to Part 1 of the Socal Dyno Day in Reseda, here's the other half of the video that includes the last 7 cars.

Grab them HERE
Old 06-22-2004 | 09:45 PM
350nt

what dyno were you guys using? was it a mustang dyno and what was up with the g35 with the vortech(only 302, shouldn't it be more than that, like 340 or more)? but that car looked nice with that front bumper and the intercooler showing through it.
Old 06-22-2004 | 10:07 PM
accordfreak

thanks for the video! i love it!..

but does ANYBODY have any pictures from the dyno meet?? anybody???
Old 06-22-2004 | 10:30 PM
THX723

Originally posted by 350nt
what dyno were you guys using? was it a mustang dyno and what was up with the g35 with the vortech(only 302, shouldn't it be more than that, like 340 or more)? but that car looked nice with that front bumper and the intercooler showing through it.
It was a DynoJet.

The Vortech G35 was not properly tuned beyond ~5700rpm. It's AF was well below 10 at that point and consequently quit making more power. It looked like the tuner stopped whatever they were doing after 5700rpm Looking at the graph ... it could have easily made 325hp and possibly more, but we'll never know. Not on that day at least.

Sorry Accordfreak. No pictures from me. All I had was a camcorder.
Old 06-22-2004 | 10:30 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Hi - Dynojet - recently moved four blocks

THX7** - Great Films - You have the video thing down pat...
The films from Willow Springs were awsum too!

Originally posted by 350nt
DynoJet... The group felt the Dyno was reading about 9% to 10% light.
-----------------

Accord Frk:

thanks for the video! i love it!..

but does ANYBODY have any pictures from the dyno meet?? anybody???

Stills are posted in the So Cal Regional Forum - Look for my Name as Initial Poster.. Also have ZCCA Nationals Pics From Gardena last Saturday, and Photo's of Yutaka Katayama ( Father - of Z cars )

Cheers Amy -

Last edited by AmyCroft; 06-22-2004 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-23-2004 | 07:35 PM
Daniel G

Thanks for posting the video! Off topic for a Z forum....I am going to take my SS down and have Mike Morgan dyno tune the car this weekend(hand held just isn't cutting it). I was holding off on a dyno tune because I wasn't sure if I was going to get a bigger cam, but I'm going to stick with a LS6 cam(baby cam)...If I get 375 rwhp after the dyno tune I'll be happy...not bad for a normally aspirated car and still able to pass the "sniffer". I could get a 220 cam and pass smog(sniffer), but with the long tube headers, it'll be pushing it. Also, my G35 still isn't done at the body shop!!! @#$@#$@#!$#@, it was supposed to be done this past saturday, but told me it was pushed back to today.........go home tonight and still no message from the body shop . I miss my G. I can't wait get FI for my "G".
Old 06-23-2004 | 10:16 PM
accordfreak

thanks for the photos amy! they look great!
Old 06-26-2004 | 10:21 PM
Daniel G

Well thanks for this dyno day being set up, I was able to get an idea where my car stood..........a pinging happy car. Anyway, today I took my car back to strickly dyno, this time to get a dyno tune by Mike Morgan and got 381.5 HP & 360.0 of torque....and no pinging . The best was actually 383, but slight pinging. The wierd thing was that the car had too much timing with stock programming. Mike Morgan (the best LS1 tuner in so cal) said that because I have such high flowing heads (LS6 heads ported) with such a baby cam(LS6 cam), the timing was too aggressive! Wierd. He said he usually has to add timing, but in this case with the milled heads and wimpy cam, he had to take out timing. If I get a bigger cam like a TR224 I could easily see 400 rwhp. But no, I'm done....happy. Now it's time for my G35. As far as appearance...sorry to 'bite your style' ron, but I absolutely fell in love with those Racing Hart "tunes", and it is a must have . And forced induction is definetly a must as well...just haven't decided which route...TT, or SC. I'm leaning more towards TT, and the PE looks sweet! Anyway, just thought I'd share. http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...26,2004(2).jpg

Last edited by Daniel G; 06-26-2004 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-30-2004 | 09:33 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Nice Dyno ----

Daniel G

Nice numbers... and What is your A/F at high RPM

I can see it is flat, but could not make out the Air Fuel ratio..

Also - are you using the LS1 stock Plug Heat range?

Cheers Amy -

P.S.
Does Mr Mike Morgan know Z cars or Tweaking E-Manage?
My buddy Tony has a Greedy TT.. and needs a tune..

Last edited by AmyCroft; 06-30-2004 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-01-2004 | 05:24 AM
Daniel G

Default Re: Nice Dyno ----

Originally posted by AmyCroft
Daniel G

Nice numbers... and What is your A/F at high RPM

I can see it is flat, but could not make out the Air Fuel ratio..

Also - are you using the LS1 stock Plug Heat range?

Cheers Amy -

P.S.
My buddy Tony has a Greedy TT.. and needs a tune..
He just about got 12.8 all the way across I am using NGK Iridium plugs...stock temp. I had one step colder plugs when I had the Supercharger, but went back to stock plugs. I'm not sure if mike knows e-manage and Z's. but morgan motorsports has been in many Gm/Ford magazines "...tuned my morgan motorsports" So, I doubt he has tuned Z's...e-manage, etc. If he ever does get into tuning Z's etc, I would definetly take it to him. He knows tuning.
Old 07-01-2004 | 05:34 AM
Daniel G

OFF Topic, but I have to vent. I finally picked up my G35 from the body shop yesterday (wednesday)...everything looked fine, body work nice, paint nice, ok took it to work...about 40 MPH a resonance on the wheels starts...kinda like the wheels are out of balance. They replaced the whole right side suspension parts, and both front rims (from the dumbshit who hit me and forced me on the center divider), so I have to take it back today. What I want to know is how can this #@$@ shop who had the car for a month now(told me 9 working days when I dropped it off), didn't notice this noise? WTF? It's so obvious...Gee I guess a month wasn't long enough...@#$@#. I don't know if they didn't do an aligment, even though they said they did, or maybe didn't balance the tires correctly...or even worse, more new suspension parts needed on drivers side, or maybe not installed right. sorry I just had to vent and didn't know which forum to vent.....lol.
Old 07-01-2004 | 10:01 AM
THX723

Dan,
I feel for you. That's happened to me in the past with another car. They just never seem to get it right At least you can rule you bad half shafts because it's not FWD.

Is the resonance high frequency or low frquency?
Old 07-01-2004 | 10:07 AM
THX723

Default Re: Nice Dyno ----

Originally posted by AmyCroft
P.S.
My buddy Tony has a Greedy TT.. and needs a tune.. [/B]
Amy,
I know someone who can help you. He's proficient in eManage. He goes by appointments. Let me know if you need more info. I'm also thinking of doing a few more dyno runs with him to see if my new Kinetix Plenum's got meat. Gurgen's also interested to see what his current TT setup is putting out. May be between the three of us, we can rent him out for an hour or so.
Old 07-01-2004 | 01:16 PM
McBickBick

What is the volcano on car #13?
Old 07-01-2004 | 08:04 PM
Daniel G

Originally posted by THX723
Dan,
I feel for you. That's happened to me in the past with another car. They just never seem to get it right At least you can rule you bad half shafts because it's not FWD.

Is the resonance high frequency or low frquency?
It's low frequency, I dropped it off today, so now I'll have to wait and see again. It's only been 4 weeks...what's another 2?!!! Man, I put more miles on the SS the last 4 weeks, than I did the previous 8 months!!! I'm hoping it's just bad tire balancing, but they replaced only the passenger side suspension components, I don't know why they didn't replace the driver's side. They side driver's side was ok. hmmm, the car that hit me occured on the passenger side, but she forced me onto the center divider curb(island), so I would think the driver's side sustained more suspension damage..after all, the driver's side rim sustained more damage than the passenger side(because it hit the curb). The good news is that there is no frame damage whatsoever. So it's either suspension or bad balancing, or bad alignment. And the other good thing that came out of this is that I no longer have a front license plate...When I bought the car, the dealer had already drilled into my front bumper for the plates....I know I'm reaching trying to find some good in this...I just want my G back!!!