Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit..Pics/Videos

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 05:20 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
You know now that I look at it on a better monitor you may not need to get a custom pipe fabbed. I need a better under car pic of your exhaust but it looks like the Greddy comes to a single pipe and then has a single flange in the stock location. If that is the case you may be good after all.
Nah, you're right. Here's a picture of the exhaust off the car...

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....619#post748619
Old 01-26-2005, 07:12 AM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by kcobean
Nah, you're right. Here's a picture of the exhaust off the car...

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....619#post748619
Yeah but you may be able to have your shop cutoff the front part of the y pipe and add a flange...
Old 01-26-2005, 09:13 AM
thrifiddytt

Mia, are you going to still use your car as a daily driver? will you get a boost controller or just leave it as is (at 8psi?)?
Old 01-26-2005, 09:46 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by thrifiddytt
Mia, are you going to still use your car as a daily driver? will you get a boost controller or just leave it as is (at 8psi?)?
Yes my car will be my daily driver. Eventually I will be building the engine to boost upwards of 20 PSI but thats a bit off from now. By then hopefully I will have a daily beater and use this just for fun. As for the boost controller yes I am thinking of gettng one but not to up the boost but rather to try to increase spool time about and adjust the boost gain by holding the wastegate closed longer. Nothing major as the wastegate included does a fine job by itself. I just want to see if I can even get anything from a boost controller and since I plan to eventually up the boost its not money wasted.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:08 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know you have been waiting a long time . Was that your car they had at SEMA ? When do you plan on getting it back ?
Old 01-27-2005, 04:40 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by booger
I know you have been waiting a long time . Was that your car they had at SEMA ? When do you plan on getting it back ?
No the car at SEMA was owned by Turbonetics. The hold up on my car was the 04 reflash. When I talked to them yesterday they said they were going to to start tuning today. So next week...
Old 01-28-2005, 05:31 PM
basam350z

How long has it been? It seems pretty irresponsible of them to install a turbo kit before the have all the "components" to finish the job. No matter what the hold up. If you lived here in Wisconsin it would be no biggy, we go 20 inches of snow, but to lose in in SoCal. That sucks.

Good luck.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:02 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by basam350z
How long has it been? It seems pretty irresponsible of them to install a turbo kit before the have all the "components" to finish the job. No matter what the hold up. If you lived here in Wisconsin it would be no biggy, we go 20 inches of snow, but to lose in in SoCal. That sucks.

Good luck.
I wouldn't say that. I volunteered to let them test the 04 flash and install in my car...
Old 01-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
No the car at SEMA was owned by Turbonetics. The hold up on my car was the 04 reflash. When I talked to them yesterday they said they were going to to start tuning today. So next week...
woohoo! finally. can't wait.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:53 PM
MIAPLAYA

I know I'm pretty stoked myself
Old 01-29-2005, 12:03 PM
metalz

No problems to date yet?
Old 01-30-2005, 07:02 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by metalz
No problems to date yet?
None...and they have been flogging their Z like theres no tomorrow.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:07 AM
booger

this is one long AZZ thread . Im sure you will let us know how it runs and provide a good dyno . Have fun
Old 01-30-2005, 07:42 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by booger
this is one long AZZ thread . Im sure you will let us know how it runs and provide a good dyno . Have fun
Absolutely. First place my car goes post install is Mossy for the Nismo LSD and diff cover install. The following Sat I plan to install all my gauges, SPC camber arms, and SPC toe bolts, oh and a special littler upper coolant host solution you guys may like. More details on that later. Aynways once gauges are installed its off to the dyno for some Dynojet numbers. By way of the alignment shop of course.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Hey Mia, can you ask why Turbonetics keeps publishing in their press releases and magazine spots that their single turbo kit outperforms all other TT kits on the market for the 350Z? I dont think that is even close to an accurate statement.

As you've stated, the Turbonetics kit is not really targeted towards the other TT kits out there...but they claim it is superior in terms of performance.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:45 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by gq_626
Hey Mia, can you ask why Turbonetics keeps publishing in their press releases and magazine spots that their single turbo kit outperforms all other TT kits on the market for the 350Z? I dont think that is even close to an accurate statement.

As you've stated, the Turbonetics kit is not really targeted towards the other TT kits out there...but they claim it is superior in terms of performance.
Well the target I mentioned was my assesment of where the kit landed. I believe Turbonetics has decided to take on the TT kits directly. To be honest this kit does do pretty well compared to some of the TT kits out there. As alpine said in his review the boost in this kit came on nearly where his APS did and he did not notice the car exhibiting anything even close to lag in the Turbonetics car. Although my opinion is that the target of this kit falls between the TTs and centrifig SC I do fell that this kit could hold its own out of the box versus other TT kits out of the box. I believe that Sport Z Mag has been talking about doing a turbo shootout with some out of the box cars. I think alpine agreed tp come. Then we would just need a PE, Greddy, and SSR out of the box cars and we could do it official like. I've seen some of Turbonetics recent dyno results and boost response charts and I must say you might be surprised.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:16 PM
thrifiddytt

Mia, is there a guarantee from turbonetics on how much power their kit will likely make? It's great and all that their kit made like 380whp or something, but what are they expecting the average Z to make for sure? Thanks
Old 02-01-2005, 03:47 AM
diegonismo

Thumbs up greddy tt

yesterday i receive the greddy tt and my car by ready by this saturday:icon6: :icon04: :icon4:
Old 02-01-2005, 07:18 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by thrifiddytt
Mia, is there a guarantee from turbonetics on how much power their kit will likely make? It's great and all that their kit made like 380whp or something, but what are they expecting the average Z to make for sure? Thanks
As with any kit each car is different. With the stock exhaust and just the turbo kit on the car it should make no less then 380 RWHP. Thats what they have found. My car will be on the dyno again today and probably the rest of the week for fine tuning and final numbers. As soon as I have my numbers i'll post them. The numbers they had on their dyno are with the kit on a completely stock (other then the kit of course) 03 Z. No other performance mods. All the videos I posted are from the same all stock except for the kit car.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:19 AM
MIAPLAYA

Default Re: greddy tt

Originally posted by diegonismo
yesterday i receive the greddy tt and my car by ready by this saturday
Congrats but would you please post this is a new thread. This thread is specifically about the Turbonetics kit and its already cluttered enough.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit..Pics/Videos