Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit..Pics/Videos

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 09:35 AM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by alpine
You're car is back?

When are we going to meet up at a DynoJet?
should be Friday..they have been testing streetability (read driving my car around) for about a week so should be set on Friday...
Old 02-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

'BOUT TIME!!!

The wait will finally be over
Old 02-09-2005, 09:57 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by Jun
'BOUT TIME!!!

The wait will finally be over
yeah...LOL...I told them to take all the time they need. Brad drove my car last Thursday and said that in second gear he floored it and roasted the tires...I guess I need that Nismo LSD worse then I thought LOL...He said it drove great. Off boost throttle response wa good and drove just like stock off boost. They wanted to toy with it some more. They were seeing A/Fs of like 9.5:1 to 10:1 from boost to redline. They wanted to try to lean it out a little.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:10 AM
LaPuLaPu

When you pick it up, can I meet you somewhere on your drive back home? I'd like to get a feel for that kit....
Old 02-09-2005, 10:10 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by LaPuLaPu
When you pick it up, can I meet you somewhere on your drive back home? I'd like to get a feel for that kit....
Yeah I usually take the 118 to the 210 E to the 15 S. Not sure if that helps..
Old 02-09-2005, 10:30 AM
JimRHIT

When you pick it up, I'll swing by with a 24-pack so we can finally celebrate that this is over

Plus ... I will have the DVD-Cam so we can take some nice high quality vids for everyone to see

-jaimito
Old 02-09-2005, 10:38 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by JimRHIT
When you pick it up, I'll swing by with a 24-pack so we can finally celebrate that this is over

Plus ... I will have the DVD-Cam so we can take some nice high quality vids for everyone to see

-jaimito
The celebration will not be that this is over but rather that the fun is just beginning..
Old 02-09-2005, 10:45 AM
JimRHIT

very true

..... is it weird that I am excited about the car coming back too ?
Old 02-09-2005, 10:59 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by JimRHIT
very true

..... is it weird that I am excited about the car coming back too ?
Not at all I know you've been waiting to install that blower till you drive this car....I'd be excited too. Especially if you get a Turbonetics kit too.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Turbonetics

Default Re: Re: Turbonetics Single Turbo Release

Originally posted by kcobean
Brad, this is GREAT news....A few questions...

1. So there is an option to use this kit WITH the catalytic converters? What about the use of aftermarket, Hi-flow variants like Random-tech cats?

2. Any chance we can get a pic of the piping that is used w/ the cats?

3. What did the street price of this kit finally turn out to be?

4. Any chance of opting out of the re-flash at some discounted price?

5. Can you talk a little more about the use of the RE-flash and its' ability to account for things like temperature changes, etc. I ask because here in VA, we have 100 degree summers, and 20 degree (or colder) winters. I'm concerned about this choice of EMS being able to account for such temperature differences. I'm assuming that timing retard is a part of this solution? Since there is no 'tuning' of this solution, how does it account for other mods like aftermarket intake/exhaust, etc.?

6. Have you considered including a shielded CAS wire with the kit? There is so much information coming forward now about noisy CAS signals being a factor in the many dead F/I motors out there, it would be great to have this as part of the package (and probably relatively simple for you all to mass produce as part of the kit).

Really excited to hear that this kit is so close to ready. Big thanks to MIAPLAYA for answering 43 pages of thread. I hope he's been well compensated!
Well let's see if i can answer these questions for you.
1) The cat that we chose is an aftermarket hi-flow cat
2) I will post cat pipes pics as soon as i can get the marketing guys to shoot some...next week or so
3) MSRP is $5,595.00 no cat...due to the fact we sell through distribution we show MSRP only...the street is what it is.
4) Honestly there is no change in price, the actual time to re-flash is only about 10 minutes...We will be doing the tuner version with no fuel at all.
5) The re-flash cover sevral things, the factory correction and temp maps were retained, we only modified the fuel and ignition maps. therefore elevation and temp changes will react like it does now. other things we did play with...in the stock program near red line the throttle position is closed to 85%, we removed this function so 100% throttle position is maintained. Rev limted was raised from 6,200 rpm to 6,700 rpm and the speed limiter was set at 155mph was removed.
We have things set up with FedEx in a pre-packaged self addressed box to ship your ECU overnight to us for re-flash...this will happen the same day and be returned overnight and the cost is included in the systems price. we have designed a decal that the owner will fill out and place on the ECU to keep them properly identified.
6) CAS wire shielding is being looked into, it appeas there may be a service bulleten from Nissan regarding this issue and once i can confirm I will post it.
7) MAIPLAYA has been very patient and we appreciate that fact...do it right even it takes a little longer.

I hope this helps.

Brad
Old 02-09-2005, 11:37 AM
MIAPLAYA

Default Re: Re: Re: Turbonetics Single Turbo Release

Originally posted by Turbonetics
Well let's see if i can answer these questions for you.
1) The cat that we chose is an aftermarket hi-flow cat
2) I will post cat pipes pics as soon as i can get the marketing guys to shoot some...next week or so
3) MSRP is $5,595.00 no cat...due to the fact we sell through distribution we show MSRP only...the street is what it is.
4) Honestly there is no change in price, the actual time to re-flash is only about 10 minutes...We will be doing the tuner version with no fuel at all.
5) The re-flash cover sevral things, the factory correction and temp maps were retained, we only modified the fuel and ignition maps. therefore elevation and temp changes will react like it does now. other things we did play with...in the stock program near red line the throttle position is closed to 85%, we removed this function so 100% throttle position is maintained. Rev limted was raised from 6,200 rpm to 6,700 rpm and the speed limiter was set at 155mph was removed.
We have things set up with FedEx in a pre-packaged self addressed box to ship your ECU overnight to us for re-flash...this will happen the same day and be returned overnight and the cost is included in the systems price. we have designed a decal that the owner will fill out and place on the ECU to keep them properly identified.
6) CAS wire shielding is being looked into, it appeas there may be a service bulleten from Nissan regarding this issue and once i can confirm I will post it.
7) MAIPLAYA has been very patient and we appreciate that fact...do it right even it takes a little longer.

I hope this helps.

Brad
Brad AWESOME post...you guys have been great make no mistake. Patience is a virtue that I seldom posses but you guys are top notch and I agree making something right the first time is always the best way. As I'm sure you well know I can't thank you guys enough for the job you are doing. You guys rock and its great to see you are going to make the tuner kit after all. I think you have just added several kit orders to the current list...Thanks again Brad!!!
Old 02-09-2005, 12:15 PM
alpine

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
yeah...LOL...I told them to take all the time they need. Brad drove my car last Thursday and said that in second gear he floored it and roasted the tires...I guess I need that Nismo LSD worse then I thought LOL...
Do we have any factual info that the LSD is going to do anything about that?

We have limited slip already, there are advantages to A Locking LSD however I don't know that it's going to do anything about wheel spin.

I'm not an expert on LSDs, I in fact want an LSD as well, but never thought of it handling wheel sping due to HP.

I wanted LSD more for control related issues. With my 400+ RWHP I haven't had as much control related issues as I expected, but I do know I'm going to have issues on track in cornering.

lemme know, what you know about LSD handling wheel spin.

Also, what DYNO would you recommend we meet up at?

thanks,

joe
Old 02-09-2005, 12:28 PM
MIAPLAYA

Do we have any factual info that the LSD is going to do anything about that?

We have limited slip already, there are advantages to A Locking LSD however I don't know that it's going to do anything about wheel spin.

I'm not an expert on LSDs, I in fact want an LSD as well, but never thought of it handling wheel sping due to HP.

I wanted LSD more for control related issues. With my 400+ RWHP I haven't had as much control related issues as I expected, but I do know I'm going to have issues on track in cornering.

lemme know, what you know about LSD handling wheel spin.

Also, what DYNO would you recommend we meet up at?

thanks,

joe
Actaully my car is a base model so I have no LSD. As a result its only roasting one tire and its doing it easily. I need that LSD to provide some lockup and traction. As for the dyno not sure what a good in between spot is. I live in North SD county and there are a few places down here I know of. Any suggesstions?
Old 02-09-2005, 12:50 PM
alpine

Actaully my car is a base model so I have no LSD. As a result its only roasting one tire and its doing it easily. I need that LSD to provide some lockup and traction. As for the dyno not sure what a good in between spot is. I live in North SD county and there are a few places down here I know of. Any suggesstions?
Ahhh... Yes NO LSD is defintely not tolerable with anything over stock HP even a few mods can push you into the 280 range and it's unbearable.

Isn't there a couple shops in riverside?

I get down there occasionally for some clients and a couple family members, perhaps we could investigate that?

Also there is a couple tracks down there as well right? Perhaps we get on track as well?
Old 02-09-2005, 12:53 PM
MIAPLAYA

Ahhh... Yes NO LSD is defintely not tolerable with anything over stock HP even a few mods can push you into the 280 range and it's unbearable.

Isn't there a couple shops in riverside?

I get down there occasionally for some clients and a couple family members, perhaps we could investigate that?

Also there is a couple tracks down there as well right? Perhaps we get on track as well?
The closest 1/4 mile track is California Speedway unless you count on Irwindale. Honestly Irwindale is the only place I'd run anyways. I hate Cal Speedway. As for dynos I'm not aware of any. if you are willing to go over by Performance Nissan I think there are a few dyno shops near there...Thats the Duarte Iwrindale, Pasadena area...
Old 02-09-2005, 12:59 PM
MIAPLAYA

What about this place.... http://www.rddyno.com/contact_us.php
Old 02-09-2005, 01:15 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about this place.... http://www.rddyno.com/contact_us.php
Maybe this will help you two out: http://www.dynojet.com/maps/autodynos/ca.htm

Old 02-09-2005, 01:52 PM
MIAPLAYA

Thanks!!!
Old 02-09-2005, 02:02 PM
thrifiddytt

Sooo, how much is the tuner version going to cost?
Old 02-09-2005, 02:25 PM
MIAPLAYA

I don't think that has been decided yet...

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit..Pics/Videos