Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

New VQ37HR DYNO FROM G37 ! ! ! ! WOOOOOOOW! ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007 | 01:33 PM
vanillarice19

Originally Posted by spf4000
Those numbers for the PROcede 335i is impressive, but I've read some people have numerous problems after the upgrade. Personally, I wouldn't want to sacrifice daily drivability in search of power in plushy coupes/sedans like G37 and 335i.
What problems?
Blown Engines = 0
Blown Trannies = 0
Dead Turbos = 0
Voided Warranty's = 0

The car has a major high pressure fuel pump issue in which Siemens, the manufacturer can not get to the bottom of. BMW dumped them and now Bosch is the new supplier. If you get an 08 or late 07, you should be OK.

First year bimmers aren't that great especially with all the electronics. Get it with no options and you'll be fine. The less luxuries you have on German cars, the more reliable they are...

This is what a steptronic 335i will do with only a Procede V1.4. When V2.0 comes out, it will knock off .2-.3 seconds off this time.
http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...urrent=335.flv

Like I said, it makes adding bolt ons pointless for G37.
Now if we kept both cars stock, then the G37 is the better car value.
Old 06-13-2007 | 02:13 PM
spf4000

Originally Posted by vanillarice19
What problems?
Blown Engines = 0
Blown Trannies = 0
Dead Turbos = 0
Voided Warranty's = 0

The car has a major high pressure fuel pump issue in which Siemens, the manufacturer can not get to the bottom of. BMW dumped them and now Bosch is the new supplier. If you get an 08 or late 07, you should be OK.

First year bimmers aren't that great especially with all the electronics. Get it with no options and you'll be fine. The less luxuries you have on German cars, the more reliable they are...

This is what a steptronic 335i will do with only a Procede V1.4. When V2.0 comes out, it will knock off .2-.3 seconds off this time.

Maybe it was the issue with the fuel pump, but my brief seach turned up posts in few forums where people were complaining about their 335i after PROcede having idling issues and what not. They may not be blowing their engines, but it's not running perfect.
Old 06-13-2007 | 03:12 PM
vanillarice19

Originally Posted by spf4000
Maybe it was the issue with the fuel pump, but my brief seach turned up posts in few forums where people were complaining about their 335i after PROcede having idling issues and what not. They may not be blowing their engines, but it's not running perfect.
Yea, adding 90hp and 110+tq @ the wheels demands more fuel. There will be a full recall once Bosch fully develops the pump and have enough inventory for everybody. right now there is a 2-4 week wait for replacement pumps that may or may not fail again since they are still Siemens pumps.
I've been reading up closely with this as this is more than likely my next car.

Worse case scenario if you have the problem is they give you a loaner and if it's still not fixed, they will lemon the car.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66528

In terms of long term reliability, 2 chipped 335i's finished 1st and 4th in a recent 12 hour endurance racing edging out STI's and EVO's.
http://www.bimf.com.au/latest_news.a...=16&Pagecat=16

Last edited by vanillarice19; 06-13-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-13-2007 | 08:27 PM
tekk

Originally Posted by THX723
No worries. As long as we're all on the same page now.

Nice chart you posted there. The whp-to-speed ratio is askewed, but the idea is there. Also those are "static" data sets. That is they are only for showing which platform has the "initial " advantage at a given speed (ie. start the race @ xxx mph). A "dynamic" chart is needed to better illustrate the differences between the two during the "race".
thanks.. i worked through a number of updates in a thread over on g35driver.com... ended up with these, which i believe are very close to correct:

Old 06-13-2007 | 08:57 PM
vanillarice19

It appears they are very even. It now really depends on the vehicle's weight and tranny. Since they will weigh about the same, I'd say it's 100% a drivers race for the 6MT cars but if we're talking automatics, the BMW's 6AT will beat it with its 100 milliseconds shifts if it uses the 5AT in the current 07 G35 sedan.
Old 06-14-2007 | 03:47 AM
tekk

It appears they are very even. It now really depends on the vehicle's weight and tranny. Since they will weigh about the same, I'd say it's 100% a drivers race for the 6MT cars but if we're talking automatics, the BMW's 6AT will beat it with its 100 milliseconds shifts if it uses the 5AT in the current 07 G35 sedan.
correct- weight isnt taken into account. but in both cases im assuming 6speed trannies per each mfr specs
Old 06-14-2007 | 04:38 AM
spacemn_spiff

Originally Posted by tekk
thanks.. i worked through a number of updates in a thread over on g35driver.com... ended up with these, which i believe are very close to correct:

Good job Tekk. This was a nice bit of analysis.
Old 06-14-2007 | 10:40 AM
vanillarice19

Actually looking at the gearing from 60mph and below, there's more area under the curve for the BMW. It appears the 335i was geared to get a slightly better 0-60. And from a roll at 60mph, it would appear the G35 will pull ever so slightly...
Old 06-15-2007 | 09:26 AM
civic4982

Looking at what 335i's are making when chipped makes all these G37 figures seem meaningless.

This is what the latest software update + exhaust is making at the wheels.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...oStg193oct.jpg

that's just rediculous. I know what my next car will be.
Old 06-15-2007 | 09:47 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD
Premier Member

I have heard about the 335i having engine problems as well as oil temp issues (due to the factory on a good portion of manufactured cars forgot to put the oil cooler). Also there has been many voided warrantys for ECU upgrades.

What problems?
Blown Engines = 0
Blown Trannies = 0
Dead Turbos = 0
Voided Warranty's = 0

Old 06-15-2007 | 02:28 PM
vanillarice19

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
I have heard about the 335i having engine problems as well as oil temp issues (due to the factory on a good portion of manufactured cars forgot to put the oil cooler). Also there has been many voided warrantys for ECU upgrades.
Yea, early production Steptronic Cars did not have an oil cooler. All 6MT cars have them. Now steptronic cars all have them and folks that do not have them can get them installed upon request. Most folks w/o them have no problems unless they track their cars.

There has not been a single warranty coverage denied so far for ECU tuning. Please supply a link where you actually see BMWNA officially voiding somebody's powertrain warranty due to ECU tuning. It hasn't happened yet since there have been ZERO powertrain failures thus far. Some folks with the 6MT are claiming their clutch are slipping a bit after multiple launches but that's expected with 400ft-lbs at the wheels. I'm on e90post.com regularly for the past 8 months following the developments for Vishnu's Procede, AA XEDE, RD Blackbox XEDE, Turbo Tuner ECU upgrades and ZERO of their customers have reported any drivetrain related problems. A salesman for a competitor of Vishnu's did claim to one of their customers that Vishnu blew up a motor to try to get a sale and that was definitely not true and has caused this rumor to even spread over to this forum here...