Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

G35 Coupe Seat Height?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 08:15 AM
nsanbyker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G35 Coupe Seat Height?

Anyone come up with or know a way to lower the stock seat heighth? I was thinking that maybe I could swap out some 350z brackets and lower the seat. Would probably have to remove the motor that raises and lowers the seat, but I wouldn't have a problem with that.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:59 PM
neffster

Default Re: G35 Coupe Seat Height?

If you can find a way to LOWER the drivers seat, please let me know. I'm constantly feeling (what's left of) my hair scrape across the top of the headliner on my way to work. If I could only lose 1/2" in the seat height I'd be a happy man.

Funny thing is that my problem is only in the morning. My wife is an Occupational Therapist and says that throughout the day, gravity works on your spine and actually compresses your spine by as much as 0.5"! Medical discription: Your Inner-verterbral disks have fluid in them, gravity "squeezes this fluid out" when you stand or sit up. Truth be told, in the evening I don't notice the problem like I do in the morning. Apparently when you lay down in the evening to sleep, the gravity loads are normal to your spine and your spine relaxes allowing the fluid to enter back to its original state. Thus you gain that 0.5" back.

WEIRD...
Old 04-03-2004, 07:32 AM
esemes

Default Re: Re: G35 Coupe Seat Height?

Originally posted by neffster
If you can find a way to LOWER the drivers seat, please let me know. I'm constantly feeling (what's left of) my hair scrape across the top of the headliner on my way to work. If I could only lose 1/2" in the seat height I'd be a happy man.

Funny thing is that my problem is only in the morning. My wife is an Occupational Therapist and says that throughout the day, gravity works on your spine and actually compresses your spine by as much as 0.5"! Medical discription: Your Inner-verterbral disks have fluid in them, gravity "squeezes this fluid out" when you stand or sit up. Truth be told, in the evening I don't notice the problem like I do in the morning. Apparently when you lay down in the evening to sleep, the gravity loads are normal to your spine and your spine relaxes allowing the fluid to enter back to its original state. Thus you gain that 0.5" back.

WEIRD...
is the Z seat lower, or does the added moonroof of the G take up the extra cabin headroom??
Old 04-03-2004, 03:34 PM
qirex

from driving both th Z seat is lower.
Practically speaking - I'm 6'3. In the Z I have PLENTY of head room in the G I scrape.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:59 AM
themyst

yes i had the same problem in my G. in the Z, plenty of headroom, in the G, head barely clears. I had to lose the spiky hair in order to maintain my sanity in the g35... but hey oh well... it was time for a change
Old 04-05-2004, 11:40 AM
SPEEED

Originally posted by themyst
yes i had the same problem in my G. in the Z, plenty of headroom, in the G, head barely clears. I had to lose the spiky hair in order to maintain my sanity in the g35... but hey oh well... it was time for a change

You guys are all bunch of whiners....
I wish I had hair to scrape it against the ceiling....
at 27 and going balder by the day, I can only be jealous....
Old 05-03-2004, 03:24 PM
justlurking

I had the same problems. But over the past (and only) 6 months of ownership, either I've shrunk or the seat cushions have broken in sufficiently to provide 1/2 to 1 inch of additional headroom.

If you haven't had your G35 coupe (with moonroof) for long, I recommend just trying to wait. Otherwise, I dunno.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:51 PM
bwzabodyn

I have the opposite question - is there a way you can RAISE the passenger seat? My fiance hates it that she can barely see over the dash because the passenger seat is soooo much lower than the driver's seat....