Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Pics of roll cage, Koyo radiator, Sparco seats and harness

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 09:46 AM
roneski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Feeling much envy right now...

Was that CF hood a custom job or is someone producing those? I'm not a huge fan of the front scoop, but with a few tweaks I think that you could have something there.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:49 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would you please share a bit more on the Koyo upgrade... Is this a direct replacement -bolt on- type of install? Or, was modification require and/or custom brackets developed?

Car looks great and don't waste a minute of time on the WHY? guys.. they just don't get it.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Eagle1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by roneski
Feeling much envy right now...

Was that CF hood a custom job or is someone producing those? I'm not a huge fan of the front scoop, but with a few tweaks I think that you could have something there.
Roneski:
The hood is a carbon fiber hood made by VIS, which I had painted with OEM ivory pearl. That big center nostril is not my favorite either, and I had a wire mesh put in to block leaves and plastic bags and such from getting sucked in. But it is located right at the point of the high pressure wave which really draws cold air through and across the top of the block, and then helps suck the hot air off and out the "gills". It isn't pretty, that is for sure, but there is some beauty in its functionality.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:28 PM
Eagle1

Originally posted by Philthy
Would you please share a bit more on the Koyo upgrade... Is this a direct replacement -bolt on- type of install? Or, was modification require and/or custom brackets developed?

Car looks great and don't waste a minute of time on the WHY? guys.. they just don't get it.
The radiator is the one Koyo makes for the 350Z. You just buy that unit stock and then have to make a couple of modifications. Unless you are good with an arcwelder, have someone do it for you.

1)You have to shear off the top mounting pins and reweld them to match up to the mounting points on the G35. (The G35 pins are farther apart).

2)The fill cap is on the right with the Koyo, so you need a longer piece of tubing to reach the overflow tank.

3)While you are at it, you probably want to put a Nismo 1.3bar cap on it to replace the stock .9 cap.

4)For the bottom the tab brackets work, but if you want it more snug, you cut a slot in each of the two tabs with a small rotary tool, about a half inch closer in. That is all you need to do for modification to make it fit.

It is tight, especially with a supercharger, but it fits just fine, and it sure adds a lot of cooling to the system over the stock, as the pictures clearly show.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:05 AM
MY350Z.COM

Great looking seats, very well done.

Victor
Old 11-24-2004, 04:31 PM
RashMan14

Hey Ed

Man i saw your car. You keep out doing yourself. I just got an Evo8 MR which i plan on making it a track ready car. I decided to make my g35 more of a day to day car. Maybe the only mods i will do is some wheels and an exhaust to my G.

I hope to see you at Ca speedway on the17 of Dec.

See you
Old 11-24-2004, 09:40 PM
orhanz33

nice car!!! i'd like to see more pics w/ the nismo wheels if you have them

p.s.
how do people get in and out of the backseat?
Old 11-25-2004, 09:16 AM
justICE62

Wow. I love when people do things out of the ordinary. Very cool. How hard is it for the kids (or anyone) to get in the backseat?

Also, I have been looking at the porsche turbos and you mentioned they come with baggage. Can you explain "push back"?

Hate to sound negative but it does seem like that hood is the epitomy of bizarro sleeper.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:14 AM
Eagle1

Originally posted by RashMan14
Hey Ed

Man i saw your car. You keep out doing yourself. I just got an Evo8 MR which i plan on making it a track ready car. I decided to make my g35 more of a day to day car. Maybe the only mods i will do is some wheels and an exhaust to my G.

I hope to see you at Ca speedway on the17 of Dec.

See you
Hi Rashman. I will be there. We have a good group of G35's showing up, so it should be a lot of fun. Your approach to the G mods is a rational one. Reinmeister just got a track Miata, with Helium wheels etc. Like driving a 120hp go kart. He is bringing it to the track on the 17th too. Saving his G baby from mod madness!
Old 11-25-2004, 10:18 AM
Eagle1

Originally posted by durobred
nice car!!! i'd like to see more pics w/ the nismo wheels if you have them

p.s.
how do people get in and out of the backseat?
Durobred:
Here is a link to an early article with pics of the Nismo and StopTech BBK:
http://www.g-owners.com/article_read.asp?id=32

The harness bar is attached with two quick release detent pins. The three point belt is still in there..stock. So I pop the pins and put the bar in the trunk for car pool. Kids pop in and out ok. If you leave the bar in.....no way unless you are a member of Cirque du Soleil.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:44 AM
Eagle1

Originally posted by justICE62
Wow. I love when people do things out of the ordinary. Very cool. How hard is it for the kids (or anyone) to get in the backseat?

Also, I have been looking at the porsche turbos and you mentioned they come with baggage. Can you explain "push back"?

Hate to sound negative but it does seem like that hood is the epitomy of bizarro sleeper.
Justice62:
On the hood, if I am going to be away from the track for a couple of months, the stock goes back on. It looks much better. The vented cf hood just works to draw the heat off and is definitely not there for the looks.

On the push back comment, I used to get people glaring at me, was always afraid to take it to the market for concern somebody would key it, had people telling me the porcupine joke three times a week, getting challenged to race every other day...just too much c%&p. When then numbers are off and the hood stock, nobody notices this little beast, and I like that better. Some folks love the attention, it just happens that I do not, unless it is from someone that really knows cars. Then it is fine and you have a civilized conversation.