Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

OMG!!! My G35 Was Vandalized!!! Need Advice Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 09:06 PM
dom_rebel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry OMG!!! My G35 Was Vandalized!!! Need Advice Please!!!

Hi Guys,

I's Horrible, but it's true. I got my Black G35 6MT a month ago. Yesterday night, there was a protest in the downtown area and the protesters decided to vandalize all the cars parked in the streets. Somebody took a key and SCRATCHED my car from the tank up to half of my door!!!!!!!!!!
Now, I am not sure what to do... I mean everybody knows the factory paint should be kept as long as possible, but can I do something besides painting HALF the car with "new paint"????
I need advice ASAP, I don't know what to do!!!!
Old 11-20-2004, 09:44 PM
xlacrosse

sorry to hear man, but the fact is there is nothing that can be done... There prob going to paint the whole rear quater and the door and poss the fender to blend the paint well.

Dont worry bout the factory paint... Find a good body shop and you will never be able to tell the diffrence.

Good Luck
Old 11-21-2004, 11:04 AM
Import-Tooner

things like this make me want ot put my car in the garage and never drive it again. Pisses me off soo bad. I'm mad for your. As far as what to do... xlacrosse is pretty much right.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:42 PM
BLKturbo91

Do not worry about it!!!!!I know this maybe hard but just go down to a good body shop and get a estimate and if it is less than your deducable just get it done...if for some reason your past the deductable amount contact your insurance company. Bad part about this is that you may not have contacted the police when you noticed it right. Although you should have contacted the police so that there is a report. also since more than just your car was vandalize the police would have given you the name of the organization that filed the permit to have the protest and you or your insurance could go after them for damages...Just remeber this if you get a cheap repair you will have cheap results from this repair....Later
Old 11-21-2004, 06:54 PM
dom_rebel

Thanks for the support Guys,
It's really depressing to see that huge scratch every time I get in or out of my car.
I want to know: is doing it at the dealer really worth it? or is it pretty much the same work that will be done to it at an after market paint shop?
Is it possible to use a buffer or some sort of product in order to save the "rest" of the door made of genuine factory paint?
Old 11-21-2004, 09:39 PM
Primetime

How deep are the scratches? Any pics? You can try some "Scratch Off" comes in a yellow bottle sold in any auto parts store. But from the sounds of it, that will be little, if any, help getting those scratches out...
Old 11-21-2004, 10:11 PM
dom_rebel

It's actually pretty deep...
Definitively not just a simple scratch like from a little rock or something...
It's pure VANDALISM... (it hurts just to talk about it)
I was told that there were methods used to hide such scrtaches by using touch up paint...
They insert touch up paint on the scratch and coumpound it to spread it evenly...
But, I am not too sure if it can actually do a nice job?
Old 11-22-2004, 05:08 AM
Primetime

Check out this link, it will help you see what is all involved in touching it up.

Especially read the tip noted below the page about long scratches.

http://www.ehow.com/how_3378_fix-scratch-car.html