Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Crawford Cast Plenum - Info, pics, links, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 05:43 AM
FairladyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can it be used with the stock engine cover?
Old 01-16-2005, 07:11 AM
flynnibus
Z Flier

Originally posted by FairladyZ
Can it be used with the stock engine cover?
No, its the same to the current Crawford plenum in those regards. Its a cast version instead of a manually modified OEM plenum.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:08 AM
zzzya

Originally posted by ZinMiami
The Kinetix and the current crawford dyno out at about the same gains based on vast info on ths board. Kinetix preserves the cover and the bar. It's not about compromise it's about engineering. It's easier to design this by excluding the 2 items from the design criteria thats all. I am sure that with more work and some creative engineering Crawford could achieve power and asthetics.
I have thought more about this and got to thinking. Has anyone actually Dyno tested the latest version of the Kinetix plenum? I remember Dyno testing of the eariler versions, but the newer version has a different underside to the plenum than the original version with more support (potential reduction in air flow) to reduce the flexing problem the original one had.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:56 PM
lsdunique

we did change the underside in regards to the center support, but we actually ditched 1 of the center supports, so there is less chance of turbulence.

We now have a single support that is molded into the plastic which makes for a smoother transition than our previous 2 "cylinder posts" that simply bolted in.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:38 AM
screaminz
Banned

What do you guys think of the new intake spacer coming out? I read this over on 350zmotoring.com where somoeone has come out with a simple spacer that goes between the upper and lower plenum and yes they even have dyno results showing gains.. I hear they are going to be doing a independent dyno runs with all aftermarket plenums and the spacer this weekend....
screaminz
Old 01-17-2005, 02:13 PM
[]D[][]V[][]D

Doug, are you anywhere close to coming up with a price for this bad boy?
Old 01-17-2005, 02:40 PM
ZinMiami

Originally posted by screaminz
What do you guys think of the new intake spacer coming out? I read this over on 350zmotoring.com where somoeone has come out with a simple spacer that goes between the upper and lower plenum and yes they even have dyno results showing gains.. I hear they are going to be doing a independent dyno runs with all aftermarket plenums and the spacer this weekend....
screaminz
Who's putting it out?
Old 01-17-2005, 03:48 PM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by lsdunique
we did change the underside in regards to the center support, but we actually ditched 1 of the center supports, so there is less chance of turbulence.

We now have a single support that is molded into the plastic which makes for a smoother transition than our previous 2 "cylinder posts" that simply bolted in.
Very awesome... I've been eager to watch all the vendors continue their development of product!

I have not however seen a dyno of your version 4... I remember your first one, but nothing recent. I'd love to see how this revised support is doing for your power!

Choices are wonderful!
Old 01-17-2005, 04:27 PM
zzzya

Originally posted by screaminz
screaminz
There has been a spacer available for quite some time but it did not prove to be worth it. I believe Espirit had one out way long ago.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:12 PM
[]D[][]V[][]D

Originally posted by []D[][]V[][]D
Doug, are you anywhere close to coming up with a price for this bad boy?
I'll give you guy's the benefit of the doubt that you didn't see this post earlier.

BUMP
Old 01-17-2005, 05:33 PM
screaminz
Banned

http://350zmotoring.com/forums/showt...threadid=20122
Old 01-17-2005, 07:12 PM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll give you guy's the benefit of the doubt that you didn't see this post earlier.

BUMP
Your doubt was answered several posts ago...

Doug is working on pricing, and this board will be the first to know.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:49 AM
[]D[][]V[][]D

Hopefully pricing will be out before APS release their plenum.
Doug, if you're reading this, I have money that's burning a hole in my pocket, it's basically waiting to go to crawford.

Please hurry before it goes elsewhere.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:06 AM
BENJ-AMG
Banned

Doug showed me the new plenum today and it looks great. Seems to adhere to the typical Crawford craftsmanship and must perform well for Doug to put it on his own car. If I can scrape up a couple of bucks I may have to pick one up.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:11 AM
protocav

Hopefully pricing will be out before APS release their plenum.
Doug, if you're reading this, I have money that's burning a hole in my pocket, it's basically waiting to go to crawford.

Please hurry before it goes elsewhere.

although i am sure doug would love your business, i bet he will be able to survive without it.

this is about your third post asking about the release date or pricing on the plenum. i think your questions have been answered, so be patient, and stop being a PITA.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:19 AM
[]D[][]V[][]D

Originally posted by protocav
although i am sure doug would love your business, i bet he will be able to survive without it.

this is about your third post asking about the release date or pricing on the plenum. i think your questions have been answered, so be patient, and stop being a PITA.
Haha.. Ok Dick.

Last edited by []D[][]V[][]D; 01-18-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:34 PM
roneski

Haha.. Ok Dick.
Play nice kids. Info on the Crawford should be available within the next couple of weeks. The APS isn't due until mid March assuming that it isn't delayed again.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:40 PM
[]D[][]V[][]D

I'm all about being pleasant roneski. I just didn't appreciate Provoking *** provoking me when I was simply asking questions.

I thought APS was dropping in Feb? Did it get post poned again?
Old 01-18-2005, 02:35 PM
roneski

The APS guy at SEMA told me mid March. Something may have changed since then though.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:01 PM
dougrace zs

Here is the scoop:

We are 3-4 weeks out before our first production pieces come out of the mold. The introductory pricing will be cheaper than our current plenum price. There will be an introductory time period where you will get the discounted price. Figure the price to be $350 plus shipping (with optional strut bar for $150). There is NO core return or core charge. After introductory period, prices subject to change to that near current pricing.

We have several test pieces out currently and keeping a close eye on things. Again the mold is based on our current offering and performance is no different. The stock engine cover and stock strut bar will NOT fit (although some have modified engine cover to fit).

The new plenum is as quiet as stock due to the thicker molded “roof” and interior volume is up just a hair. The plenum is very similar to stock in that is has the throttle body waterjacket passthrough and all necessary vacuum fittings.

Also this plenum was built with the intention of holding the motherload of boost . . .for those of you interested. Try to blow this sucker up.

If you have any questions or want to be added to the list, please call (615) 327-4159. We will be happy to talk to you.

More detailed pictures of plenum to follow in the next day or so.

Quick Reply: Crawford Cast Plenum - Info, pics, links, etc.