Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Alphawerks Indepedent Dyno Update...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 12:57 PM
titanjc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although I haven't posted in any of the Alphawerks header threads before, I've been following them since the beginning, and I have to say that I have been really surprised by how some people are treating Victor. He has been extremely professional and helpful, attempting to answer everyone's questions and provide dynos, and a select few people shoot him down every time. Ridiculous.

Anyways. Victor, I'm going to be ordering headers of some sort very soon, and really like the looks of the Alphawerks. I was wondering if you would be interested in getting a before/after dyno of a modded Z with the Alphawerks headers? Maybe we could work out a deal on the pricing/install? I'm located in Tampa, FL, and my current mods are JWT Pop-charger, Kinetix plenum, UR crank pulley, grounding kit, Japtrix Y-Pipe and B-Pipe. These seem to be pretty typical mods for those considering headers, so maybe a dyno would silence some of the "haters" I saw that Dynamic Turbo is experienced with the install (3 hours??!!), and would be willing to drive to Miami if need be for install/dyno. Let me know what you think!

-Josh
Old 03-30-2005, 01:38 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wotnot
hearing how great Crawford is.... ..I see alot of posts here regarding problems with plenums having idling issues right here as we speak not to mention various other threads I've read.

... ..I think you Crawford a** kissers ought to quit flaming other peoples threads . If Crawford was the be all and end all, we'd all just use Crawford and be done with it. I've been following this and other threads for several months about these Alpawerks headers and in every case, Victor has been polite, responsive and as informative as he can given the circumstances. If you don't want to buy the headers.....FINE....but at least let some of us who might still be trying to make a decision participate in the thread do so.

I can' t help wondering how much Crawford pays these people to trash other manufacturers products and flame other peoples threads. I'm interested in these headers and I know quite a few others are. I've also seen a few comments about Crawford being overpriced and underrated . Hopefully this balances things a bit.

Thanks Victor. Please post those dyno runs soon. Some of us are still very interested in your product.
I agree about the Crawford customers...I don't see wtf they push the products they bought so much. Good lord, you aren't buying Nexus headers if you have Crawford headers and vice versa, so don't flame.

Crawford is good, they really are, but...they just aren't for me. The headers just look cheaply made and then charged $1200 for gains that haven't been proven. And they don't make any test pipes (I guess because of Cali people...thanks) and the plenum I don't think has ever been proven on someone else's car?

Mods vary on every car, even something as simple as a popcharger.

I just wish these idiots would stop calling BS and step up and prove it wrong, if not, then stop complaining. If YOU aren't going to do anything about finding out the real gains, why should someone do it for you?

We'll just have to wait for Sport Z Magazine to do a header shootout, i'm sure they'll do one eventually. They are supposed to be doing a LOT of product comparisons soon.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:41 PM
titanjc

nis350ztt, good post
Old 03-30-2005, 02:54 PM
xephiron

Niz350ztt: there is a psychology term for this, and I can't remember what it is. But, if you spent $1200 dollars for a set of headers that other companies charge about 1/2 that price for, you would really want as many other people as possible to do the same thing. Regardless of whether or not they produce good gains or they are of good quality... it is hard to be totally subjective because naturally you wanna promote your own decisions and make other people agree with your point of view. Especially if you kinda, in the back of your own mind, feel like you mighta got ripped off

Maybe that is why I never see people using DC headers out parading for followers. Dunno, I guess they feel satisified with their dollars' returns.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:17 PM
zman1910

Victor or anyone else, I plan on going APS single turbo and wanted to know if I will still be able to use the headers...? I'm also in Florida and dont mind coming to Miami for the install at dynamic turbo( 3 hours!!) Thanks
Old 03-30-2005, 04:09 PM
nuttyprof

id just like to publically say that Victor has been great every step of the way. Nobody on the forums has offered the customer service he has given to us and put up with the crap he has put up with.

also, i was pissed that i bought the headers so early and now they are still the same price, but victor addressed that with me, and now all i have to say is... you laggers who didnt get in on the low price last time, you had best hurry cause you guys are getting a hellava deal. proof and low price. shoot, us early birds only had the price without the proof. LOL.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:08 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zman1910
Victor or anyone else, I plan on going APS single turbo and wanted to know if I will still be able to use the headers...? I'm also in Florida and dont mind coming to Miami for the install at dynamic turbo( 3 hours!!) Thanks
I *think* the single turbo kit keeps the headers.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:17 AM
neffster

Originally Posted by titanjc
Although I haven't posted in any of the Alphawerks header threads before, I've been following them since the beginning, and I have to say that I have been really surprised by how some people are treating Victor. He has been extremely professional and helpful, attempting to answer everyone's questions and provide dynos, and a select few people shoot him down every time. Ridiculous.

Anyways. Victor, I'm going to be ordering headers of some sort very soon, and really like the looks of the Alphawerks. I was wondering if you would be interested in getting a before/after dyno of a modded Z with the Alphawerks headers? Maybe we could work out a deal on the pricing/install? I'm located in Tampa, FL, and my current mods are JWT Pop-charger, Kinetix plenum, UR crank pulley, grounding kit, Japtrix Y-Pipe and B-Pipe. These seem to be pretty typical mods for those considering headers, so maybe a dyno would silence some of the "haters" I saw that Dynamic Turbo is experienced with the install (3 hours??!!), and would be willing to drive to Miami if need be for install/dyno. Let me know what you think!

-Josh
Josh,

Check out a performance shop in Brandon called "Coastal". G35Sean is having the Crawford Package installed and is doing a pre and post dyno there this Friday. It would be cool to see you so some sort of comparison with your stock car and maybe a MD plenum spacer and the headers and cat replacement option from Vic's company. Are you adverse to returning your Z to stock form and doing pre and post dynos? At least the dynos would be done at the same shop and it would be really close to your house.

Just a thought.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:18 AM
titanjc

Hmm, it would be kind of a pain to return the car to stock only to re-install everything... I've heard of Coastal Dyno, and heard that they do very nice work. I wouldn't mind doing a dyno of where I'm at right now, but I don't think I'll be pulling any parts off of my car anytime soon
Old 03-31-2005, 08:39 AM
goldndwgz

I've had my Alphawerks headers on for a week now which I bought from Avalon Racing(group buy). The power on top end is phenomenal you can really feel the car pull and it sounds awesome. The best thing about these headers is they produce the torque along with hp.
When I had concerns or questions the guys at Alphawerks(Carlos and Victor) helped me out. Great guys to work with
Old 03-31-2005, 12:23 PM
Nexusindustry

Goldndwgz,

This is why I bust my hump here to help you guys. No matter how many times it always makes the smile to be sure that you got good customer service and you are very happy with the quality and results.

As a side note, I have noticed that some members are considering dyno's of products in general but it seems from their posts that they are allowing too many variables to creep into the equation. The science of the dyno is only possible to accurately read hp because essentially you maintain every input constant b/w the before and after dynos. The only variable is the performance product. When you do dynos different days you introduce new variables into the equation that will result in power differences. Ex...

DYNO SAME DAY VARIABLES: performance product

DYNO DIFFERENT DAYS VARIABLES: performance product, humidity, temperature, etc.

POINT OF THE STORY IS....
You must baseline with a preset coolant temperature...
Intall asap...
Dyno when get that same coolant temperature...
The same day or else you will not have accurate dyno results for the product...

Also...you cant just do an after dyno and go off of someone else's baseline dyno because every car is different from the factory...fortunately for some and unfortunately for others...

Best regards,
Victor D.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:10 AM
knicksinny

What happened to the dyno? Did this person ever post the results.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope...
Old 04-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Zquicksilver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The battle of the HEADERS Just went thru this thread and don't have anything substantial to add other than...

1. the alpha headers are superior to the dc, topspeed, stillen, and crawford headers as far as construction, but it's only marginal...very marginal. as a welder i can tell the placement of the cuts, fitting, and welds are absolutely beautiful.

2. crawford's pipes do seem to be truly equal in length, even more so than the alpha headers, which seem to be pretty damn close.

3. in all honesty, i believe the more expensive Headers HP gains over DC or TopSpeed do not justify the extra cost. but, if you have the extra doe, then why not buy the best.

4. if you are truly a Z owner, by nature, you look for the B-B-B! i took my extra cash and i'm sending my stuff out for a JetHot coating, which in the end will most likely make my headers perform as well or better than the others. But that's just my .02 with JetHot backing me You really can't beat SS Headers, that are close to equal length, with JetHot coating inside/out for $450
Old 04-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Taken from G35Driver.com:

Originally Posted by coupeondubs
I just did an install on a set of Alphawerks headers on my G35...before I go into the driving let me just give you the numbers...average is all three alphawerks pulls averaged, less the average of the baseline pulls...the best is taken by comparing my best alphawerks dynos and my worst before dyno and the worst gains are done by comparing vise-versa...the average is the only real world number I believe that anyone should go by...

DYNO NUMBERS
---------------------------------------------------
Average WHP gain: 17.64 whp
Average TORQUE gain: 16.40 lbs/tq

STATS ON MY CAR AND DYNO
----------------------------------------------------------
Automatic G35 w/ 20" Maya Multi-Piece wheels lowered w/ Tein Springs
Dynojet Dyno
89 degrees average temp for all runs
Humidity 24%
All runs at same engine coolant temp.
No fans allowed in front of the car.
Three baselines...install...then 3 pulls with headers (actually 4 pulls but one came out with an error)
SAE Corrected

Basically I wanted to make sure I was getting what I was supposed to for the money I paid for the headers. I wanted to make sure that there was no fan to force air in front and no playing with the engine temperatures so we made sure the car was run at the same engine coolant temperatures and all this done in one day to make sure the environmental factors were all constants.

As for the ride, first there is no check engine light problem and I have driven the car about 500 miles...the car feels like it keeps pulling alot more once it hits 5000 rpm. I felt a difference in the entire powerband, but that is were it was really noticable, especially at high speeds. It basically pulls at 80mph like it would pull at 65 before I put in the headers. As for the noise, the headers sound alot like stock since I have a stock exhaust. I guess that when you really hit some high revs you can hear a very small difference, but it is definitely slight. Next up are going to be the Alphawerks test-pipes hopefully sometime this month and I will post dynos again...

Hope this illuminates on these headers. If anyone has any questions just let me know, and thanks to all the guys at Nexus Industry: Victor, Anthony, and Carlos especially...who were helpful especially after I tried to to the install myself and failed...

MY BASELINE DYNOS 1+2+3
------------------------------------------------------

ALPHWERKS HEADER DYNO RUNS 4+5+6:
----------------------------------------------------------

BTW, he's on 20's. So there is definitely more power to be had with say, oh, 18" Track rims.

I think this is a pretty fair argument for the ability of these headers. The person did a pretty good job of trying to keep the invididual runs as close as possible to the same conditions.

Last edited by Armitage; 04-01-2005 at 01:11 PM.