Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Anyone with Ijen Straight Tip near NJ ill pay for GAS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 08:12 PM
enhanced250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with Ijen Straight Tip near NJ ill pay for GAS!!!

I cant for the life of me get a good sound bite on this exhaust. Some clip it sounds like a fart can others it sounds mean as hell. SO i am offering anoyone with it near NJ to meet up so i can hear it and ill throw you money for a fulltank of gas.

I know its like beating a dead horse but i have Ultimate racing High Flos any idea how the injen will sound?

Thanks for your HELP

and also cheapest place to find it!!
Old 04-26-2005, 02:42 PM
DomZ

Originally Posted by enhanced250
I cant for the life of me get a good sound bite on this exhaust. Some clip it sounds like a fart can others it sounds mean as hell. SO i am offering anoyone with it near NJ to meet up so i can hear it and ill throw you money for a fulltank of gas.

I know its like beating a dead horse but i have Ultimate racing High Flos any idea how the injen will sound?

Thanks for your HELP

and also cheapest place to find it!!

I don't have the Injen, but where in NJ are you?
Old 04-26-2005, 03:42 PM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gerald (350Zzzz) has it and he lives in Stamford, CT. He's coming to the Cape Cod meet on May 14th so if you're free that day and want to check it out, come join us.

There are others coming from NJ as well and we currently have over 80 350Z's/G35's coming so you can check out a variety of exhaust systems in person.

Here's a link to our caravan for the meet:
https://my350z.com/forum/north-east/113587-connecticut-caravan-to-cape-cod-meet.html

BTW, Gerald's screenname on the list is ZeeOne but on this forum he's known as 350Zzzz in case you want to PM him.

Let me know if you decide to go to the Cape meet so that I can add you to the list. I don't want to leave anyone behind.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:28 PM
Strife350z

enhanced... I was exactly the same way! the sound clips aren't similar to the actual sound. I know this because i finally met up with a local z-club member (thanks agian pheanom!) and lets put it this way... i bought the exhaust

my only criticism is the drone between 2-2.5k rpm... below and above that though, it sounds deep and mean... not raspy, not ricey, not buzzy... just plain mean. And it's not too loud unless you go WOT... in the car with the windows up, as long as you're above 2.5k rpm and you're driving normally, you can barely hear it

hope this helps... good luck with your exhaust decision either way
Old 04-26-2005, 07:32 PM
enhanced250

thanks strife curious if your running stock cats and headers i really think this is the exhaust for me i love the way it looks but ike i said most sound clips sound ricey

ps where did you guys buy it from?
Old 04-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Strife350z

np... i'm running stock cats/headers. BTW, just a tip in case you can't hear it in person before you order: i think the closest sound clip i've heard to capturing the sound is maximumsportz's

his latest clips have him running fast on the highway.. and you can sortof tell the sound of the injen from those clips... for instance, look at zflyby2.wmv... in the 2nd scene, he's turning the corner on a backroad and you can't hear the car until he gets onto the straight and guns it, and even then it's a throaty "scream" as opposed to that rumbly fart-can sound you normally hear on civics and so on

honestly though, it's below 2500 that i'm so-so about the sound... it's a bit farty, and between 2000-2500, the sound can get pretty loud. I own a 6MT so i just try to stay above that range as often as i can, but it's not always possible, especially in stop and go traffic
Old 04-27-2005, 03:47 PM
Strife350z

btw that's just my opinion... and what i consider sounding "nice" versus "farty" may differ from person to person

anyway i'm currently working on something that may help me with my drone... as soon as I'm done i'll post some sound clips

have my fingers crossed hoping the drone will mellow out significantly
Old 04-30-2005, 03:01 PM
tonester1011
CF God

enhanced im in jersey and i got the straight tip injen...shoot me a pm if u wanna meet up...