Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Alphawerks vs. DC Sports

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 09:20 AM
MrGags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wut about strupp? Ain't nobody give strupp no credit. For $630 I don't think they're too bad, gains are good and quality looks second to none.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MyNismoRoadster
1) its does matter where its made, why? cause quality of the materials, quality of the craftsmanship, and dont you have pride in what you put on your car? Chinese made parts never have R&D or dyno work, they just slap it together off someone elses jig design.
2)Nexus/Alphawerks from what i see looks like they modify the chinese headers from what i heard.
3)Headers of the left are the Nismo Headers (good materials but, crappy craftmanship. on that particular one).
1.) Where it's made doesn't really have to do with materials, any company can get any material they need. Somewhat agreed on quality. There are some American companies that do this, so, technically, I disagree with that statement. (I figured you were going to say because it is made in America... )

2.) Alphawerks made their own headers for RHD 350Z's. Nexus got exclusive rights to sell them in the USA. They purchase them from Alphawerks and modify them in the USA to fit LHD 350Z's.

3.) Every NISMO performance part in the last 20 years has been made by another company and branded as NISMO. (or at least that's what i've heard)
Old 06-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Blue_pen

How do you know the ones on ebay are Top Speed headers? I have tried to search on that and it returns nothing. Or is it just an assumption that the ones on ebay are Top Speed Headers?
Old 06-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrGags
wut about strupp? Ain't nobody give strupp no credit. For $630 I don't think they're too bad, gains are good and quality looks second to none.
I don't think Strupp headers have been "proven" yet. Funny how most of these headers had to be "proven" before anyone would stop badmouthing them.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:37 AM
nuttyprof

gee. thats some badmouthing with no real backing...

IMO, not all made in china things are bad. I just bought a Blueridge guitar that was made in china...and let me tell you, it sounds amazing. great quality.

also, i reallly dont think it is fair to compare "(good materials but, crappy craftmanship. on that particular one)" piece to an exceptional piece. and regardless, like i said, the numbers dont lie. who cares what its made of. are you going to be looking at the insides ever again? ever? so.......
Old 06-10-2005, 11:09 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a good shot I took of the collector on my TopSpeeds. Interesting to compare to the others posted...they look closer to the Nismo's than the DCs. The DCs look really good b.t.w. Anyone have a pic of the inside of the Crawford's?
Attached Thumbnails Alphawerks vs. DC Sports-topspeed.jpg  
Old 06-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Road Warrior

the one set is definately coated or is ceramic....the stainless steel set looks like someone dragged it behind their car before taking pics
Old 06-11-2005, 01:59 PM
MyNismoRoadster

Originally Posted by Blue_pen
How do you know the ones on ebay are Top Speed headers? I have tried to search on that and it returns nothing. Or is it just an assumption that the ones on ebay are Top Speed Headers?

A little inside info for you, Top Speed doesnt make any of thier products either, there are 2 makers of the Stainless Steel headers on ebay, most of which comes from the same factory as Top Speed's branded ones in Taiwan, so quality is essentially identicle. And the other one you can tell they used a Mig to weld them instead if Tig, collector is of bad quality, weld seams look as they are chromed instead of that tig "rainbow burnt" look on the weld area whereas TS ones are Tig welded and dont chrome the weld areas. If you want a set of Top Speed i can give you a great price if you want them.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Blue_pen

sure
Old 06-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Alang35

my head is going to explode. i have read like 10 header threads, and i still dont know wich ones to get!!!
Old 06-13-2005, 05:34 PM
vfr350

I was going to post a pic of my pro-1 header collectors, but it looks the same as above, i think if the look the same or similar, they are. Those that don't meet quality standards probably just get sold as some other company. Yes, if i had the money, i'd get Crawfords, but for now, my pro-1's will do.....
Old 06-15-2005, 10:48 PM
Tru350z

which headers are easier to work on???
how hard to install a topspeed headers?
how to get a JETHOT coated?? and how much??
Old 06-16-2005, 11:11 AM
partshipperdave

The Strup headers ARE proven performers, there just aren't many ppl on this list who own them yet and are talking them up. That's why Charlie Wenstrup and I are working hard to spread the love. ;o)

Believe me, the quality and build, welds and fitment are fantastic. Install time is less than others, and the performance gains are on par with the others out there. These are not cheaply made, mass-produced parts like the eBay ones mentioned above. The flanges are made thicker to avoid warpage, and pipe construction is made in the good ole' US of A!

Also, there are instances of where it's made being an issue. The quality of steel in other countries doesn't always match up to the quality of steel in the USA. The mines and refining processes are different when it comes to the purity of a metal. Refining processes in other countries doesn't always match up to the standards met here in the US... just something to consider when thinking that materials don't always matter.. when a lesser quality of steel is used under such extreme conditions, there will be failures over time. I've seen it happen with other manufacturer's headers. I've seen it happen with different quality of aluminum pistons too. So, sometimes, the money you save up front can end up costing you much more down the road.

Some other info, if you haven't seen these threads yet:

Independent opinion on quality, etc.:
https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/127004-strup-headers.html

And as for the price. $630 seems a little high, dontcha think?! ;o) How about $430?!
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125621

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions or need any other info. There should be a couple of independent dyno tests popping up here in the near future too.

Believe me, you won't be sorry with this set of headers. They deliver what you would expect and then some!

Last edited by partshipperdave; 06-16-2005 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:39 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by partshipperdave
The Strup headers ARE proven performers, there just aren't many ppl on this list who own them yet and are talking them up. That's why Charlie Wenstrup and I are working hard to spread the love. ;o)

Believe me, the quality and build, welds and fitment are fantastic. Install time is less than others, and the performance gains are on par with the others out there. These are not cheaply made, mass-produced parts like the eBay ones mentioned above. The flanges are made thicker to avoid warpage, and pipe construction is made in the good ole' US of A!

Also, there are instances of where it's made being an issue. The quality of steel in other countries doesn't always match up to the quality of steel in the USA. The mines and refining processes are different when it comes to the purity of a metal. Refining processes in other countries doesn't always match up to the standards met here in the US... just something to consider when thinking that materials don't always matter.. when a lesser quality of steel is used under such extreme conditions, there will be failures over time. I've seen it happen with other manufacturer's headers. I've seen it happen with different quality of aluminum pistons too. So, sometimes, the money you save up front can end up costing you much more down the road.

Some other info, if you haven't seen these threads yet:

Independent opinion on quality, etc.:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127004

And as for the price. $630 seems a little high, dontcha think?! ;o) How about $430?!
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125621

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions or need any other info. There should be a couple of independent dyno tests popping up here in the near future too.

Believe me, you won't be sorry with this set of headers. They deliver what you would expect and then some!

Can you post some pics of the collector? I'd be happy to test fit these on a Turbonetics single turbo car if you like? PM me some details on the sponsorship you referrred to.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:25 PM
partshipperdave

pics on the way...

The sponsorship deal is the vendor special posted, $430.00 for the set. This sponsorship deal is for the first dozen customers who buy the set at this discounted price we have currently listed on our site, then combined with the $100.00 rebate direct from Strup!
Old 06-16-2005, 12:59 PM
MIAPLAYA

pics on the way...

The sponsorship deal is the vendor special posted, $430.00 for the set. This sponsorship deal is for the first dozen customers who buy the set at this discounted price we have currently listed on our site, then combined with the $100.00 rebate direct from Strup!
Ahhh IC....well I'm not even sure if these will fit on my car due to the location of the turbo downpipe. Guess I'll pass...
Old 06-25-2005, 11:24 AM
konspec

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Ahhh IC....well I'm not even sure if these will fit on my car due to the location of the turbo downpipe. Guess I'll pass...
Have you found out which headers will mingle with the Turbonetics kit? I"m planning on getting the kit but want headers stat.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:34 PM
projectmrod

holy ccrap. i just want headers that are quality.. which means they wont crack in like 2 years and i wont have an exhaust leak and are cost effective,.. which means i am not paying $900 for welded tubes that dont do jack.. any.. lamens terms advice?
Old 06-26-2005, 10:28 AM
lowrider

pics on the way...

10 days and still no pics from anyone. I finally bit the bullet, and bought a set of Crawfords! I've been lusting after those things for close to a year. Worried about the install, expense, etc. Well, they are now on the way to Jet-Hot for coating. Now I can't wait for these beauties. I should have bought these a year ago instead of waiting.

Lou
Old 06-26-2005, 12:45 PM
Boosted521

my strups will be in this coming wednesday. but... they're going on at the same time with my invidia g200 exhaust and helix test pipes, so i probably won't be able to give an accurate review of "just" the headers. but i will dyno the car here shortly with all of the mods to see how they compare to others with similar setups but different brands.

Quick Reply: Alphawerks vs. DC Sports