Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Alphawerks vs. DC Sports

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Nismo 350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zivman
You should be comparing the alphawerks vs topspeed (basically the same as DC). I will argue to my death that there is NO difference between the alphawerks, topspeed, or DC headers. Now there is a price difference of 650 vs 280. IMO the topspeed are the best bang for the buck in terms of headers

The crawfords are the best, but very expensive.
+1. Alphawerks and topspeed are copies of the DC.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:55 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by __jb
Because equal length headers perform better than unequal length headers. The exhaust pulses exit the primary tubes at the correct time and create a vacuum that pulls the next cylinder's pulse out faster.

Some mods don't create enough of a difference to notice while driving your car. So, you have to try to buy the best mods... the mods that make the most sense, and hope that all the intangible improvements add up and make your car the fastest on the Net.
On what car? with what cam? with what diameter primaries? with what exhaust design? Your statement is unfortunately far to vague to be accurate, and its a common misconception because someone heard it from someone or read it somewhere one time and its not spread to gospel. I can tell you this might be the case on some engines, bur certainly not all. On a Z, as well as on many other cars, this is absolutely not the case. Unequal vs equal is not automatically better or worse...but different. Different types of designs for different types of cars, and different grinds of cams. Neither will produce significantly more power than another, but rather change the area under curve. The header you pick must match the cam you pick and the exhaust you use...anything short of that is pure guesswork as to which will be "better". The Z has a very wide array of cams out there for them, and a wide array of headers. Selecting these 2 mods in tandem will yield the best results.

equal length does not automatically perform better.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 01-07-2007 at 05:58 AM.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:23 AM
SergEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading all these pages there seem to be plenty of so so quality headers for a decent price but many questions as to there results

When I was mod'ing my previous B series powered Honda headers and the copycats were always a hot topic --- many of the top dogs had their designs copied and many of the copy cats posted similar results

The one thing that I felt was strong was the sense of community the group had about supporting the innovators ---- the guys who R&D'd day in and day out to better support fellow racers with a proven product and squeezed the most from the given engine line

Right now from my perspective Crawford is the only company pushing the Z this way compared to the rest and so far everyone has agreed they make the power --- I think if Crawford received more requests for a "street" header that used slighty cheaper materials it would go a long way towards proven gains at a more affordable price

They may however feel this goes against a "top quality" image and not do it which is understandable and is their right

I think if I was a S/C'd guy looking to squeeze max power from my setup I would get together with the like minded guys and approach Hytech with an offer to make a good long tube soloution for maximum gains and maybe if enough Z guys asked Hytech could make a less expensive NA version of a longtube they made for the S/C'd guys ---- just my thoughts

There are plenty of "header" designers but Hytech headers always perform extremely well --- having them get into the manifold business for Z's can only be for the better

http://www.hytechexhaust.com/

Edit: GOOD NEWS!!!

I called Hy Tech myself and spoke with them. They have not tested a VQ yet because of the R&D costs but as with any business they are always willing to expand their market with more proven products.

If we could get a test mule for 4 weeks and do a group buy we could theorhetically get dyno tuned long tube headers for less than a set of Crawfords

The trick is we would have to pool our resources as a community and pre-pay for the greater good of the Z community --- For instance if they say the R&D for one month of construction/dyno tuning etc... is 10K than 10 owners could get a set of long tubes for $1000 each ---- the trick is the more people who prepay and are part of the first ever set we get them cheaper

The other small trick is fuel tuning ability --- we would need a Z that was close to stock that had fuel tuning mods so Hy Tech could tune on Church Automotives dynapack

This would be so the AFR's were right and they could be designed to produce max hp once the car was tuned

I know 1000 may seem a little steep but take one look at their product quality and list of clients and I think this would be an awesome project for the board --- especially if the gains were significant over whats available

Maybe someone already has a set of long tubes for sale that I dont know about and if so I appologize but for 1000 I think 20-25whp??? for the mod would make them at least worth the hassle of install. For the S/C'd guys I think the gains would be more like 40-60whp with long tubes but obviously thats guessing

Last edited by SergEK; 01-08-2007 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:27 PM
350zfan1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ x3 Im down for paying a g for an awesome set of true long tubes for the z !! The guys make awesome headers for the honda camp and more why not the z community ... ?