Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

K&N Filter noticeable improvement?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 03:27 AM
bforesman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question K&N Filter noticeable improvement?

I've seen several posts on the K&N air filter but nothing definitive in terms of how well it does over stock. Anyone have a dyno or can say that it really helped?
Old 12-22-2002, 08:58 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My s.o.p. (seat of pants) performance meter noticed a reduction in performance for about a day and a half. After that it was back to normal. I think the computer keeps every thing at bay. These little changes wont make any difference in performance with the computer system(s) on this car. Wait for computer upgrades to unlock the potential of the engine and these mods. Is it worth the $50, I think so. Is it better than a $130 pop charger, I know so! Is it better than a CAI, I don’t know, but it is safer.

At speed, our air boxes are pressurized by ramming air. Not much, but enough to keep setup stock for now.

IMO, don’t waste money on silly things right now. We waited 9 months or more for this car. Lets enjoy the car for another few months until some R&D'ed mods come out. There are some special things in R&D as we speak, I am certain of it .
Old 12-22-2002, 10:59 AM
zogan

I didn't notice much of a performance gain, but there wasn't any lost of performance. It sounds a little better, but not enough to be amazed. Before I bought mine I did a very simular thread about this subject. People basically replied " For $44 it is worth it, wait until something better comes out." I agree, I also think it is a lot better than that paper crap which comes stock.
Old 12-22-2002, 04:59 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know injen is good, and there is no set order the mods have to be done, so Ill get intake now, enjoy whatever power I might get, as well as sound, and then get an even bigger boost when ECUs come our way.

K&N is nice, for those that arent big into modding. on a modified car, that isnt much of a modification. if you just want a rechargable filter, but the whole instalation of CAI and all that isnt your bag, sure its great. but its a different item.
Old 12-24-2002, 05:16 AM
rktjhn

Wink If you wanna AUTO X

If you wanna Autocross in a stock class you need to keep the basic stock airintake setup in the car, you can change the element. To date I do not know what class the Z Track will be in, but a small change, like the intake system, could put you into a group you DO NOT have a chance in.
Example: C5 Vette runs in SS, with an intake change it goes into BP, huge differance. BP is an almost fully MOD Vette group and are extremely fast. Same if you stuck in coil over kit on a Z you might end up in CP, who knows