Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 10:00 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 35ounces
Owned? yeah right.
Sorry but I find it annoying that you will discuss on the forums what the issue will contain and then hold back any real information. I am not saying that you should disclose info about someone else product or the test data but clearly general info about the product is being withheld for the article.

Ultimately the info will come out and the community can decide if this is a worthwhile mod or not.

ZLand, I recognize your support of the Z community and have tried to support your efforts but I do not agree with this stuff. Anyhow, I PM'ed you with my comments.
Thanks for the positive comments 35ounces. For everyone's information, doing these articles is more a service to the Z community IMO than anything else. It is not like I can afford to quit my daytime job. Actually, working at Wal-mart greeting people might make more money (I know raceboy, it is my fault for doing it-other thread/topic).

It is not uncommon for people to give feeders for products. Heck, look at the GT-R Proto. It is 2 years before release and Nissan has not given too much specs on it regarding engine etc. Yes, they gave hp targets but didn't Motordyne do the same? Does someone want to start flaming Nissan for letting us see their prototype?

As far as releasing info by Sport Z magazine prior to releasing the issue, as you know, magazines make money selling magazines. If we don't sell them, we don't stay in business, if we are not in business, no articles. No articles, less accurate independent testing data. Lets face it, how many of us would or do take the time to set up, test, & write about products such as plenums and spacers unless we have a motivation such as being a seller or manufacture of those products. The internet has a role, magazines have a role, manufactures and sellers have their role as well as consumers in letting everyone know more about products related to 350Z's.

As 35ounces said "Ultimately the info will come out and the community can decide if this is a worthwhile mod or not".

If you are willing to wait for Motordyne to come out with this product because you feel his claims and Performance Nissan's testing makes it worth while to do so, then great. If not, there are other products you can buy today that certainly create hp.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:27 PM
DaveO
Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zland
Thanks for the positive comments 35ounces. For everyone's information, doing these articles is more a service to the Z community IMO than anything else. It is not like I can afford to quit my daytime job. Actually, working at Wal-mart greeting people might make more money (I know raceboy, it is my fault for doing it-other thread/topic).

It is not uncommon for people to give feeders for products. Heck, look at the GT-R Proto. It is 2 years before release and Nissan has not given too much specs on it regarding engine etc. Yes, they gave hp targets but didn't Motordyne do the same? Does someone want to start flaming Nissan for letting us see their prototype?

As far as releasing info by Sport Z magazine prior to releasing the issue, as you know, magazines make money selling magazines. If we don't sell them, we don't stay in business, if we are not in business, no articles. No articles, less accurate independent testing data. Lets face it, how many of us would or do take the time to set up, test, & write about products such as plenums and spacers unless we have a motivation such as being a seller or manufacture of those products. The internet has a role, magazines have a role, manufactures and sellers have their role as well as consumers in letting everyone know more about products related to 350Z's.

As 35ounces said "Ultimately the info will come out and the community can decide if this is a worthwhile mod or not".

If you are willing to wait for Motordyne to come out with this product because you feel his claims and Performance Nissan's testing makes it worth while to do so, then great. If not, there are other products you can buy today that certainly create hp.
Ditto!!