Sport Z Magazine plenum results

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 07:21 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=GEE PASTA]Bob
When you have the time get hold of me, and I bet with all the companys I deal with everyday. I can set you up with people that make things happen.

Interesting, very interesting

I will even help you save on crt. card charges. At no cost to you.

We need to take this off -forum. Please email your contact information to me at publisher@sportzmagazine.com.

SportsZ MAG rocks.

Thanks

Plus, I like DaveO.

Me too.

BTW, do you have any contacts in the magazine distribution business?

Bob
Old 12-21-2005, 08:12 PM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read every post.......Still no clue
Old 12-21-2005, 08:16 PM
GEE PASTA

[QUOTE=publisher]
Originally Posted by GEE PASTA
Bob
When you have the time get hold of me, and I bet with all the companys I deal with everyday. I can set you up with people that make things happen.

Interesting, very interesting

I will even help you save on crt. card charges. At no cost to you.

We need to take this off -forum. Please email your contact information to me at publisher@sportzmagazine.com.

SportsZ MAG rocks.

Thanks

Plus, I like DaveO.

Me too.

BTW, do you have any contacts in the magazine distribution business?

Bob
Bob
If you need anything done in the print industry, I know who, and how to get it done.
IM a print finisher by trade. How? would you like to have your next Magazine covers laminated.
Just for fun. I will do it at my cost and time in my shop for free. If I know who the printer is.
And have control of deadlines. We can make it happen. I will get hold of you. Utah is one of the biggest printing city's there is. I already know where to go for printing and mailing.
We make it happen! GEE it could be easy. Pasta
Old 12-21-2005, 08:45 PM
LODOSS

Originally Posted by Nismo 350z
The 05 Track and 6spd. 35th anniversary and all the 06 6spd. manuals come with the REV UP motors and have the redesigned lower plenums which can be put on the 287HP engines to make HP in the upper RPM range.

You and I are on the same boat. I just a little confused on the results of the Mag Dyno. because according to what everyone is saying. they put a High-Rev lower plenum in a non-rev motor.. which there is no way would make more tq down load due to the shorter runners.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:53 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

[QUOTE=GEE PASTA][QUOTE=publisher]
Bob
If you need anything done in the print industry, I know who, and how to get it done.

I am the printer (Canyon Creek Productions). I've been a print broker for many years.

IM a print finisher by trade. How? would you like to have your next Magazine covers laminated.

Laminated covers may happen when I go "plus cover." (100# text weight)

Just for fun. I will do it at my cost and time in my shop for free. If I know who the printer is.

Thanks, I may take you up on that one day.

And have control of deadlines. We can make it happen. I will get hold of you. Utah is one of the biggest printing city's there is.

I have SZM and Canyon Creek Productions deadlines every day. With SZM, Art, Dave and I control every phase of production. You've seen our quality.

I already know where to go for printing and mailing.

As do I my friend

We make it happen! GEE it could be easy. Pasta

I like your style, we can do business one day.

Bob
Old 12-22-2005, 02:11 AM
350Z_LMS

It might be a silly question, buy anyone have any thoughts as to why Nissan didn't think of using the non rev-up lower collector with the new rev-up engine?
Old 12-22-2005, 11:16 AM
Nismo 350z

Originally Posted by LODOSS
You and I are on the same boat. I just a little confused on the results of the Mag Dyno. because according to what everyone is saying. they put a High-Rev lower plenum in a non-rev motor.. which there is no way would make more tq down load due to the shorter runners.
Exactly. I don't know why the magazine would say that either. I have the High-Rev plenum and I felt the torque loss down low because of the shorter runners. It didn't affect performance but you can still feel the difference with the plenum. But it does make up for the HP you make above 5K rpms... such an awesome surge of power.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:09 PM
fairladyZ in Japan

Originally Posted by Z MANIA
Read every post.......Still no clue
I have read through this entire post 2 times .. me too - no clue.

I haven't received my SportZ mag yet - expect it soon ..
Old 12-23-2005, 06:03 AM
DomZ

So basically the results are inconclusive and faulty? If you were going to do a shootout maybe you should have had some on board diagnostic tools to make sure that timing was exactly the same for each run. That is a huge variable and would easily determine the 1-2 HP differences we're talking about here. It is fair not to consider these results conclusive or the end all word on plenum spacers/plenums....
Old 12-23-2005, 06:54 AM
DaveO
Sponsor

Originally Posted by DomZ
So basically the results are inconclusive and faulty? If you were going to do a shootout maybe you should have had some on board diagnostic tools to make sure that timing was exactly the same for each run. That is a huge variable and would easily determine the 1-2 HP differences we're talking about here. It is fair not to consider these results conclusive or the end all word on plenum spacers/plenums....
DomZ,

Sorry our shootout didn’t meet your exacting standards. I invite you to re-read the article and pay particular attention to the second to last sentence in the introductory paragraph to the 350Z/G35 Mod Shootout article. While you're at it please re-read the last paragraph on page 48. You know, the one where I state "The results were totally out of line with other posted dyno results and quite frankly our expectations." I, along with some of our very experienced wrencher/evaluator/observers, believe Ed’s 350Z baseline pulls were somewhat low. This made the rev-up lower collector numbers look very good. We continue to discuss why/how this happened.

LODOSS, Nismo 350z and fairlady Z in Japan. I invite you to re-read the article in detail and then PM me. I'd like to talk with you.

Finally, those who have spent 12 hours straight wrenching on 4 cars, utilizing 2 dynos, 16 hours of dyno time as well as over 100 hours crunching/verifying numbers and developing article text & spreadsheets should feel free to contact me. I’d like to discuss how you did it and maybe how I could do better on the same budget the next time.

Last edited by DaveO; 12-23-2005 at 07:17 AM.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:41 AM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by DaveO
DomZ,

Sorry our shootout didn’t meet your exacting standards. I invite you to re-read the article and pay particular attention to the second to last sentence in the introductory paragraph to the 350Z/G35 Mod Shootout article. While you're at it please re-read the last paragraph on page 48. You know, the one where I state "The results were totally out of line with other posted dyno results and quite frankly our expectations." I, along with some of our very experienced wrencher/evaluator/observers, believe Ed’s 350Z baseline pulls were somewhat low. This made the rev-up lower collector numbers look very good. We continue to discuss why/how this happened.

LODOSS, Nismo 350z and fairlady Z in Japan. I invite you to re-read the article in detail and then PM me. I'd like to talk with you.

Finally, those who have spent 12 hours straight wrenching on 4 cars, utilizing 2 dynos, 16 hours of dyno time as well as over 100 hours crunching/verifying numbers and developing article text & spreadsheets should feel free to contact me. I’d like to discuss how you did it and maybe how I could do better on the same budget the next time.
i just rec'd the mag last nite. the plenum article was pretty good, but the table of shawn church's rev-up pulls is confusing: first column is with the me mod, second with the me and ztube, third is???
Old 12-23-2005, 11:52 AM
DaveO
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Z BOY
i just rec'd the mag last nite. the plenum article was pretty good, but the table of shawn church's rev-up pulls is confusing: first column is with the me mod, second with the me and ztube, third is???
Sorry for the confusion Z BOY. You probably missed the Oops, Sport Z Winter 2006 Issue clarifications thread.

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/159539-oops-sport-z-winter-2006-issue-clarifications.html

The left column should be titled Stock Hp/Tqe. The middle column should be ME Mod Hp/Tqe and the right column should be titled ME & Z-Tube.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:04 PM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by DaveO
Sorry for the confusion Z BOY. You probably missed the Oops, Sport Z Winter 2006 Issue clarifications thread.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159539

The left column should be titled Stock Hp/Tqe. The middle column should be ME Mod Hp/Tqe and the right column should be titled ME & Z-Tube.
thanx dave.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:09 AM
Cannysage

so did aam get 3 rhp or something? lol. Z mags aren't in barnes and nobles.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:11 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ Buy a starbucks frap for me and you can read my issue canny
Old 12-26-2005, 08:47 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by Cannysage
Z mags aren't in barnes and nobles.
We take MasterCard, Visa, checks and cold-hard bucker$.

Happy New Year everybody.

Bob