Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Gruppe-S sucks!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 11:54 AM
DayBlueZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gruppe-S sucks!!!!!

I called to see if my Y-pipe can be repaired or replaced since it has cracked and they said since i didn't buy it directly from them, it was not covered and i am screwed. So i bought this POS y-pipe as well as some others have on this board and they are cracking. Also one of the flex joints has gone bad.
I bought it brand new from a member on here.
They guy says there are alot of Gruppe-S fakes out there and they can't warranty every 3rd party out there. This is BS.
So i recommend to anyone DO NOT BUY GRUPPE-S Y-Pipes, they suck. If you do buy it directly from them so when that POS cracks (as alot of them have it seems) they will replace it.

So people are out there making copies of a copy Y-pipe? My A$$!
So be forwarned:
DO not buy anything made by Gruppe-S from a member on here or E-bay or anywhere else. Because they do not care about their customers enough to back their product unless it comes directly from them.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER GRUPPE-S PRODUCT AGAIN.!!!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 12:03 PM
pln2311

F them.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Daytona350Texas

yeah sorry to hear about ur whole ordeal, especially since y-pipe- test pipes and all are damaged, no telling what else
Old 01-26-2006, 12:20 PM
LOU

As far as I know the Gruppe-S Y-pipes were purchased in Taiwan and just named the "Gruppe-S Y pipe". It's just a Fujitsubo knock-off.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:20 PM
DayBlueZ

That would explain the poor quality.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:23 PM
anotheraznguy

i have not had any issues w/ my y pipe or test pipe or anything from gruppe-s
so far so good..
i am slammed to the ground as well
i rub y pipe and test pipe on every speed bump
and have caught air a few times.
I have yet to break it..
i am sorry if you picked up a bad one or a bad batch...
that sucks..
Good luck w/ your next setup
Old 01-26-2006, 12:26 PM
mgl

Originally Posted by LouZer
As far as I know the Gruppe-S Y-pipes were purchased in Taiwan and just named the "Gruppe-S Y pipe". It's just a Fujitsubo knock-off.

this is true. there are a lot of vendors selling this exact ypipe just renaming it.
so i can kinda understand why gruppe-s wouldn't warranty it.

its just better to spend more $$ for a better brand/higher quality product the first time around.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:36 PM
TheCajunStyle

yo man, if you bought it from a member on here, just have him get you the original receipt which proves that he bought it from gruppe-s. then what can they say?
Old 01-26-2006, 12:38 PM
DayBlueZ

I can't remember his screen name. I have the Paypal receipt and his real name but can't figure out how to get screen name.

EDIT: i found it. I PM-d him but he hasn't been active in a while.

Last edited by DayBlueZ; 01-26-2006 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:42 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mgl
this is true. there are a lot of vendors selling this exact ypipe just renaming it.
so i can kinda understand why gruppe-s wouldn't warranty it.

its just better to spend more $$ for a better brand/higher quality product the first time around.
isn't your Gruppe-S Y-pipes cracked too?
Old 01-26-2006, 12:47 PM
DayBlueZ

It's cool. i found a guy here in town that will tig weld it for almost nothing. I thought i was going to have to pay full price for Tig welding, PRICEY!!!!

Just goes to show, you get what you pay for.
The only care about cash and not customers. Buying cheapo junk and marking it up.
They won't get any cash from me.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:34 PM
Gruppe-S
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hi DayblueZ,

Sorry to hear about your problems with the Y-pipe.

The reason we cannot offer warranty on the y-pipe is because there are many replicas currently on the market, and there are some unethical people trying to claim warranty through us on products they are purchasing off ebay that we did not manufacture. This is more true with Subaru and EVO parts than the 350Z parts, unfortunately our general company policy, in order to protect ourselves, is to only accept warranty returns from customers that have purchased directly from us.

That said, if you want to send back your Y-pipe, I would be happy to TIG weld it for you, and ship it back to you on our dime (free of charge)

On another note the majority of Y-pipes crack for two reasons:

1. Use of test pipes that are improperly sized. There is something called weld-draw / shrinkage when welding a pipe, and if improperly welded sometimes the left or right pipe will be shorter than the other. This, when coupled with the rocking motion of the VQ engine often causes exhaust components to crack, sometimes the test pipes, sometimes the Y-pipe, sometimes the exhaust, sometimes all 3 components.

2. Damage due to speed bumps, drive ways, etc. Because performance components are usually larger in diameter (thus hanging lower to the ground) than the factory components, they are more susceptible to damage from speed bumps and driveways.

That said, I would be happy to discuss your case with you and will try my best to provide you with a reasonable solution to this problem. Please give me a call directly if you wish to do so. My apologies for the inconvenience we have caused.

Thanks for understanding,

Gary
Old 01-26-2006, 01:45 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

That is an unusual policy. I can understand denying a guarantee because the item is gray market, but what if it is bought from an authorized distributor? That type of pathetic customer services is unacceptable.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:45 PM
DayBlueZ

Well, i appreciate it very much. I am not trying to scam you guys with a pipe that is not yours. It came in the original box and here is the thread i got it from.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....light=gruppe-s

That said, i appreciate you standing up for your product. I will be happy to pay for shipping both ways. But, another problem i have is one of the flex joints is bad. I can send it to you guys to look at to see if this can be fixed and welded. Is this a problem that can be fixed? It is floppy. Like i said i will be happy to pay for shipping both ways.

Let me know what to do to get this to you guys.
Thanks

Edit: On another note, i have a stillen engine brace so my motor torques very little. And i have only scraped one time and the scrape is minimal.

Last edited by DayBlueZ; 01-26-2006 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:13 PM
Gruppe-S
Vendor - Former Vendor

DavidV - Sorry for not clarifying. We absolutely accept returns from authorized distributors, but of course the customer will have to contact the distributor to make arrangements. We have sold very few Gruppe-S Y-pipes to distributors as to date, however.

Daybluez - The crack at the flex section will be very difficult to fix, as I dont' think our welder can get a weld in there. Perhaps you would be better served if we gave you a discount on a genuine Fujitsubo unit? That said based on your other thread, I"m worried that it is the Megan units causing the problem, and you may end up cracking the genuine Fujitsubo also. To reduce the problem, I would recommend you taking the test pipes to a muffler shop to have the factory support brackets welded on, this should eliminate a lot of the flex. Please give me a call!

Thanks,

Gary
Old 01-26-2006, 02:21 PM
DayBlueZ

Those test pipes are in the garbage can.
I will call you.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:26 PM
mgl

Originally Posted by Bubble
isn't your Gruppe-S Y-pipes cracked too?

yeah, i was too lazy to deal with it. so i got a jic ypipe from darren.
i ended up giving the ypipe to another z owner for free, all he has to do is weld it back up.

now since i got the nismo exhaust, i have an extra nismo ypipe... hence my sig.

Last edited by mgl; 01-26-2006 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:08 PM
DayBlueZ

Well, i have been thinking about the test pipes and them causing it. Can't say for sure but, there are people with cracked test pipes. There are also alot of people running the same set up with no troubles. There are people who have cracked Y-pipes also. Looks to me like the flex joint failed and then extra vibration set in and started cracking other items.
I can't say for sure and to do so would be trying to blame you guys so i can get free crap.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:07 PM
J3rzeyFlip
Banned

damn sorry to hear what happened. Are the GruppeS ypipe reputable?? I mean u get what u paid for! How much do those y pipes retail for?
Old 01-26-2006, 09:14 PM
DayBlueZ

Quick Reply: Gruppe-S sucks!!!!!