Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Finally got a Sponsor..

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 09:48 AM
NJDAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got a Sponsor..

Thanks to Charlie at Strup I recieved my first Sposorship today, it is from Strup Performance(www.strup.us). Strup is sponsoring me for a set of there Headers for the Z. The Headers should be here in about a week and I will post results on fitment and HP gains when they are installed.I am looking forward to working with Strup on future mods for the Z.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Noah@AAM

congrats buddy
Old 02-01-2006, 10:05 AM
Sportydudette

Originally Posted by NJDAN
Thanks to Charlie at Strup I recieved my first Sposorship today, it is from Strup Performance(www.strup.us). Strup is sponsoring me for a set of there Headers for the Z. The Headers should be here in about a week and I will post results on fitment and HP gains when they are installed.I am looking forward to working with Strup on future mods for the Z.
Congrats!

I'm not quite familiar on the process of getting a sponsor. How did u do it? What are the process involved? I talked to the guy I know who owns an auto body shop and he said that the easiest sponsor to get are tires. Is this true?
Old 02-01-2006, 11:13 AM
NJDAN

I am not really sure , I just sent them(Strup) pictures of my car and listed all the mods I have so far and asked if they did sponsorships, and they replied back with a Header sponsorship. But they did tell me that they only take a select few from different locations throughout the country.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:22 AM
raptorbh12

man how come i dont have a sponsor...
i should go about getting one and maybe i can get paid for doin what i do best.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Dubai

congrats. keep us posted on the results
Old 02-01-2006, 01:43 PM
NJDAN

I will, soon as I get them installed I will post results. I have heard nothing but good things about Strup Headers, can't wait...
Old 02-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations. Sponsorships are not too hard to obtain unless they are the bigger companies
Old 02-01-2006, 03:40 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Cool. And what are your responsibilities?
Old 02-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Vamos_Rafael

charlie wenstrups is the man...
sucks i still have his headers...
:\... yeah installation cost more than the headers itself...
and dyi is a b!tch too..
Old 02-01-2006, 03:56 PM
.Sin.

Congrat!!

+1 on what are your responsibilities?
Old 02-03-2006, 12:50 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by davidv
Cool. And what are your responsibilities?
Old 02-03-2006, 01:09 AM
krazydave2000

most sponsors have same responsibilities. X amount of car shows attend. company logo displayed on vehicle. sometimes they require a specific size sticker depending on their level of sponsorship. the more events you attend the easier it is to retain sponsorship. if that specific company release a catalog or has a website. snap pics of your car and hand over the rights so they can use them. if your car is decked out. they might take it off your hands for a few days (example:SEMA) must have part X for X amount of time.(smart companies put this on paper) the larger sponsorships. u cant rock direct competitor product.( a bunch of people do it anyways ) if u are current at local meets and bbq's its a plus. basically your car becomes a mobile billboard. its not a mobile billboard if its just parked in your garage i know some of this stuff cause i have friends who are sponsored both by big and small companies. its helps ALOT if you know somebody that either works at company or has strong relationship with that paticular company. well thos are my 8 cents - dave

PS- congrats on sponsorship. one sponsor leads to another.

Last edited by krazydave2000; 02-03-2006 at 01:13 AM.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:13 AM
NJDAN

Originally Posted by krazydave2000
most sponsors have same responsibilities. X amount of car shows attend. company logo displayed on vehicle. sometimes they require a specific size sticker depending on their level of sponsorship. the more events you attend the easier it is to retain sponsorship. if that specific company release a catalog or has a website. snap pics of your car and hand over the rights so they can use them. if your car is decked out. they might take it off your hands for a few days (example:SEMA) must have part X for X amount of time.(smart companies put this on paper) the larger sponsorships. u cant rock direct competitor product.( a bunch of people do it anyways ) if u are current at local meets and bbq's its a plus. basically your car becomes a mobile billboard. its not a mobile billboard if its just parked in your garage i know some of this stuff cause i have friends who are sponsored both by big and small companies. its helps ALOT if you know somebody that either works at company or has strong relationship with that paticular company. well thos are my 8 cents - dave

PS- congrats on sponsorship. one sponsor leads to another.
Krazydave, you have it exactly right those are my resposibilities.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:06 PM
krazydave2000

Originally Posted by NJDAN
Krazydave, you have it exactly right those are my resposibilities.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:38 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is an old thread. But I just want to hear some stories on how you guys got sponsored. I think we're very limited on this topic since most sponsored members are keeping them as secrets!
Old 01-05-2007, 03:01 PM
first350

I started sending out requests for sponsors about 4 months ago and have gotten 5 companies so far …with a few more in the works

Here are the basics of what I did:
1) Create a request document (include photos, modifications, events [past and future]…kind of like a resume)

2) Create a list of parts you’re looking for, along with the companies that make them (I’ve been preparing for this next years autoX season, so I am limited on what modifications I can do…I then found the companies that made quality products with good customer service – no point in getting sponsored by bad companies )

3) Find out how each company receives sponsorship requests…some are by email, others want it to be mail w/ a hardcopy. Depending on how much time you have, you might want to contact the main companies you’d like to work with first…you don't want to get locked in a contract with your 3rd choice before you hear back from your 1st choice. Keep in mind, companies that produce a variety of products will most likely not want you to run a competitors product.

4) Determine your budget – many companies will offer partial sponsorships, you need to know how much you can afford. Also figure out what you’re willing to give for a certain level of sponsorship…I’m not going to let a company fill my rear windshield with their logo for a $50 part .

5) Get a clear answer of what deal you’re making: duration of contract (it’s most commonly 1 yr), who owns the parts at the end of the contract, what type of promotion will you do (logo size/location, events to attend…), if you need to do a write-up on their products, what part of the contract is open to public knowledge… larger companies usually have a set agreement, while smaller companies are a bit more free-flowing.

*super big companies are a bit harder to get a hold of and even harder to get a sponsorship from; they usually want someone that will get national attention.

**Some companies require you to put down a CC# and provide proof that you’ve fulfilled the agreement at the end of the year…if you don’t, you get charged the full cost of the parts. You should make sure you fulfill the agreement not just b/c you’ll get charged $$ - these companies are taking a certain amount of risk by sponsoring small time ppl like us…

Hope that helps.

-Peter

*so far, I've enjoyed dealing with all of my sponsors , and am pleased with all of the parts I've gotten...but I did plenty of research on the parts I wanted and of the companies to make sure that the parts were of good quality, performed well, and the companies were of good reputation.

Last edited by first350; 01-05-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:01 PM
ML2000

Thanks for the info first350