Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

think i might have lost power with the plenum spacer...?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 10:21 AM
ghost11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have an 03 with cai and exhaust, and i'm in the process of installing the aam spacer, i've never reset mine, should i?
Old 03-10-2006, 10:59 AM
r10apple

Originally Posted by 99atlantic
the pedal method does **** (compared to pulling the battery for 24hrs).

All I can say is that last night before leaving work I did the ECU reset and the AT gimmick. The car drove home in rush hour traffic and I was only able to open it up a couple of times over 27 miles, but I was banging the maunmatic gears and winding it up pretty hard. The car felt a little sluggish, but it ran a bit better--as if the idle/timing adjusted. Anyway, it sat for about an hour and I drove it less than a mile to my gym and home--felt nothing.

This morning I came to work a bit later. Not a lot of traffic and I was able to open up the car. Well, holy shi+! It's like 80 degrees and 90% humidity today--8 degrees warmer and 30 % more humidity than yesterday, and the car is TOTALLY DIFFERENT. It feels much quicker. It's easily breaking loose the tires and further, the AT manumatic shift from 1/2 and 2/3 are much 'snappier' than before.

If you've seen my other post as of late with my header install and questions about problems, after doing the reset, I am not questioning anymore. I'll redyno the car in another week or two when I have time. I can feel in my seat gains that I haven't felt before, though it took driving the car a bit. I guess the ECU learned what I was doing post reset and factored in the mods. I can also say the odd noise like stuff I was hearing is gone and the car does sound--and seem--to be running smoother. Lastly, my idle was around 750-800 rpms before reset--now about 900, and doesn't feel as lopey. Go fiigure...
Old 03-10-2006, 12:28 PM
99atlantic

Originally Posted by r10apple
All I can say is that last night before leaving work I did the ECU reset and the AT gimmick. The car drove home in rush hour traffic and I was only able to open it up a couple of times over 27 miles, but I was banging the maunmatic gears and winding it up pretty hard. The car felt a little sluggish, but it ran a bit better--as if the idle/timing adjusted. Anyway, it sat for about an hour and I drove it less than a mile to my gym and home--felt nothing.

This morning I came to work a bit later. Not a lot of traffic and I was able to open up the car. Well, holy shi+! It's like 80 degrees and 90% humidity today--8 degrees warmer and 30 % more humidity than yesterday, and the car is TOTALLY DIFFERENT. It feels much quicker. It's easily breaking loose the tires and further, the AT manumatic shift from 1/2 and 2/3 are much 'snappier' than before.

If you've seen my other post as of late with my header install and questions about problems, after doing the reset, I am not questioning anymore. I'll redyno the car in another week or two when I have time. I can feel in my seat gains that I haven't felt before, though it took driving the car a bit. I guess the ECU learned what I was doing post reset and factored in the mods. I can also say the odd noise like stuff I was hearing is gone and the car does sound--and seem--to be running smoother. Lastly, my idle was around 750-800 rpms before reset--now about 900, and doesn't feel as lopey. Go fiigure...
even the service manual (for the g35 anyways) says it doesn't reset everything (whereas the battery method does)
Old 03-12-2006, 07:51 AM
j24shadow

another question, if i get my 350 dyno tuned eventually, will the tuning let the car gain more hp and tq with the CAI still in (more hp than tuning would give me with a pop charger) or will it supposedly still give me more by changing the CAI to a pop charger and tuning like that?