Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

MREV+ Dyno Tested On The 287 HP Engine!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 01:19 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kpiskin
Also I'm wondering if it changed the sound of the engine....
Hmmm. I didn't notice a change... If its different, its subtle.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:17 PM
99atlantic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydrazine

And nobody has reported a torque loss with a MREV+ on a non-revup because they have never been sold to non-revup customers. As of today, this is the first and only MREV+ to be installed on a non-revup engine.

Also, (to date) there has never once been a dyno showing a loss of torque or HP with a plenum spacer. Scientific dyno test or otherwise.
interesting; i could have sworn I remember reading old posts where people had unsuccessfully tried it. *shrug* maybe i'm wrong
Old 03-31-2006, 05:44 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, I can't make it on Saturday.

My wife reminded me of prior obligations.
It's okay. It will give us another baseline to work off of. We will see what the Ignition thingy I have and the ARC intake pipe does
Old 03-31-2006, 05:59 PM
amG35

Tony will this work with and add anything to an engine that already has a Crawford V5 plenum? On an '05 G35 5AT, if it is a factor. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:09 PM
Strife350z

holy cow! great work... so how will the core exchange work? Core gets shipped to you first before an MMP'd core gets shipped back?

for everyone else: just to clarify what motordyne is saying... if you have a non-revup and you want the MMP mod on your lower plenum WITHOUT exchanging your core, you need to purchase the MREV and the MREV+ upgrade. That basically gives you a SECOND lower plenum that's been MMP'd.

Just thought I'd clarify since I sensed confusion in the earlier posts (or maybe it was just me )
Old 03-31-2006, 08:10 PM
Strife350z

hmm btw looking at the dynos more carefully... why did the baselines read so high (260?) for a stock '04 G35 sedan?
Old 03-31-2006, 08:51 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by amG35
Tony will this work with and add anything to an engine that already has a Crawford V5 plenum? On an '05 G35 5AT, if it is a factor. Thanks.
Nothing like a dyno to prove it, but based on what it did with the spacer, I think it will.

This MMP increases flow area in a way that a spacer or plenum cant.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:58 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Strife350z
hmm btw looking at the dynos more carefully... why did the baselines read so high (260?) for a stock '04 G35 sedan?
Dynapack dyno numbers primarily.
The car was also tuned prior to the baseline testing. The baseline was with a stock plenum setup.

Nothing about the car was changed during the four test sequences except for the plenum mods.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:11 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

holy cow! great work... so how will the core exchange work? Core gets shipped to you first before an MMP'd core gets shipped back?

for everyone else: just to clarify what motordyne is saying... if you have a non-revup and you want the MMP mod on your lower plenum WITHOUT exchanging your core, you need to purchase the MREV and the MREV+ upgrade. That basically gives you a SECOND lower plenum that's been MMP'd.

Just thought I'd clarify since I sensed confusion in the earlier posts (or maybe it was just me )
That is certaintly one way to do it.
Or you could send in your lower plenum and wait for it to be modified...
Or you could recieve somebodyelses modified lower plenum immediatly and send in your stock lower plenum for a core redund when you are done.

So there are a few different ways it can be done.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:29 PM
vantage350z

so the MREV Plus lower plenum is $122, how much of a refund do we get back when we send you our stock lower plenum?
Old 03-31-2006, 10:31 PM
Strife350z

Dynapack dyno numbers primarily.
The car was also tuned prior to the baseline testing. The baseline was with a stock plenum setup.
Cool... but by tuned prior, do you mean it was reflashed/piggy backed?

I know that you've dealt with this forum with 100% integrity...... but there are vendors that have faked dyno charts by purposefully showing the baseline on a rich tune... so i hope you don't mind the skeptism
Old 03-31-2006, 11:16 PM
99atlantic

I know that you've dealt with this forum with 100% integrity...... but there are vendors that have faked dyno charts by purposefully showing the baseline on a rich tune... so i hope you don't mind the skeptism

good point; i'd be curious what it looks like on a stock (untuned) ECU
Old 04-01-2006, 05:08 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by vantage350z
so the MREV Plus lower plenum is $122, how much of a refund do we get back when we send you our stock lower plenum?
The refundable core charge is $222.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:35 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

It was tuned to a nominal 12.75-13.0 A/F with a Greddy EU. The car even in its relatively stock condition was running very lean at WOT in the 14-15 A/F range. Way too lean for good health or good testing. So the tune was not to turn it into a dyno queen. More than anything it was to bring A/F back into a nominal range.

And I understand the skepticism. There are so many manufacturers that claim bogus or wildly exaggerated HP gains that any experienced mod installer would know better.

As with any of the other Motordyne products, independant testing is encouraged. I am confident these gains will be independantly repeatable.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:53 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As with any of the other Motordyne products, independant testing is encouraged. I am confident these gains will be independantly repeatable.
Yup, I can attest to this statement. He encourages people to get independent tests and I have never seen any power loss from his mods if they were used/intalled correctly for the right vehicle
Old 04-01-2006, 09:58 AM
99atlantic

It was tuned to a nominal 12.75-13.0 A/F with a Greddy EU. The car even in its relatively stock condition was running very lean at WOT in the 14-15 A/F range. Way too lean for good health or good testing. So the tune was not to turn it into a dyno queen. More than anything it was to bring A/F back into a nominal range.

And I understand the skepticism. There are so many manufacturers that claim bogus or wildly exaggerated HP gains that any experienced mod installer would know better.

but what would happen if you had a bone stock vehicle, absolutely no tune? perhaps the a/f isn't optimal from the factory, but if it's not realistic, on average, of most vehicles out there yo'ud have a better idea of how it performs, no?
Old 04-01-2006, 10:12 AM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

damn, Tony. i need to save up my pennies for a while! I guess my B-Day is coming up soon! Ha!!!
Old 04-01-2006, 01:27 PM
bilinghm

So the machining appears to be a small flat spot milled on the top of the two forwardmost intake runners. Is that all that is required to free up the breathing of the plenum? Seems so simple so easy! Why, I bet it wouldn't take 30 minutes to do the whole job. I bet I could do it myself down in my basement shop on the mill. Hydrazine, do you mind my asking how much you take off?
Old 04-01-2006, 02:18 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you guys have your own dyno?

The thing about this post that itches my brain is that you have done these tests on a G35 sedan. Well, the G has a different intake and exhaust from a Z, now doesn't it?

I would love to see some dyno results on a Z. In fact, I have an all-stock-motor Z with the 287hp motor, and I would love to confirm these results by installing these products on my Z. I don't expect to see the same gains on the Z as on the G, but if the results are good, I'll be more than happy to pay for the mods.

Any chance I could bring my car down to your place and we could hook something up?

Note: As an engineer and a researcher, I realize that companies like yours are subject to a lot of scrutiny and skepticism. When I am producing results in *my* lab, I know I have to do a FULL AND COMPLETE set of experiments just so that the paper I am trying to publish doesn't fall under the scrutiny of this type:

"Great results on X, now why didn't you test Y and Z?"

Something of this nature actually happened to our research group recently, and while it hurts to have people think you might be omitting bad results to make your main results look better, it is ultimately something that you just need to do.

I believe you are obligated, for your own good, to complete a dyno test on a Z. For the sake of repeatable results, and for the sake of completing an unambiguous set of experiments that everyone can agree are (1) Unskewed and (2) repeatable on ANY 287HP VQ35, not just one with the G35 sedan setup.

Last edited by Wired 24/7; 04-01-2006 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:58 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by bilinghm
So the machining appears to be a small flat spot milled on the top of the two forwardmost intake runners.
There is more to the machining process than what you see in the picture.

Quick Reply: MREV+ Dyno Tested On The 287 HP Engine!