Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

MREV+ Dyno Tested On The 287 HP Engine!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 02:17 PM
vince1611

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

---

Last edited by vince1611; 04-08-2022 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:50 PM
godmans

Damn.. I dun care abt GB, I just want a piece of the MRev++ now s.t. I can test it on the track and dyno...
Old 05-02-2006, 04:25 PM
FOO_G

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Yes. For a dyno install with a Crawford Cast Plenum.

EDIT: The same applies for a 1/2" spacer.

Offer won't last long! Once enough dynos come in to establish the expected performance, its done!

Test conditions must be typical for the average user. (S.T.P. - IE no extreme altitudes or temperatures)

FI is a go!

damn that is some serious action!
Old 05-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Sale will start this Thursday!
Old 05-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Zincognito

Hell yeah!! I'm in dude...........
Old 05-02-2006, 08:26 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

i'm all over it
Old 05-03-2006, 05:41 AM
bilinghm

Just a thought. How does one know if they have received a Mrev+ or and Mrev++ or and Mrevplus or whatever? The product has no description, and there are no published pictures. You could be shipped ANYTHING and you would have no way of knowing if you had received the latest secret product or some developmental mule. There is substantial hand work on a product like this, so each on is probably slightly different even in the best case. This isn’t “CNC computer machined”, this is ground by hand.

Is the any other product that you buy without seeing it, understanding its features, and insuring that you are getting your moneys' worth? Would you by tires, wheels, sway bars, or turbos this way? Why isn’t Greddy afraid that someone will copy their turbo piping?

It seems to me that "Top Secret" products are a little risky. I will want to see the actual, finished, final product, read the specifications and the performance claims before I spend my money.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:48 AM
ATL_Red_G35

Bill, actually, MREV+ and MREV-2 are the machining process. So once you've taken your stock plenum off, you can do a comparison and see what's the difference and what has been done to them.

I just thought that it's basically self-explanatory.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:01 AM
bilinghm

Originally Posted by ATL_Red_G35
Bill, actually, MREV+ and MREV-2 are the machining process. So once you've taken your stock plenum off, you can do a comparison and see what's the difference and what has been done to them.

I just thought that it's basically self-explanatory.
My point is that I could take the modified manifold that I did my self, and put it on EBAY as Mrev++ and how could anyone dispute if it was genuine? Nobody knows what one looks like except the people who have bought them, and even the people who have bought them don't know if they have recieved the same product as everyone else.

If Crawford said that they had developed a new plenum top that makes an additional 50 hp, but its secret and you can't see it unless you buy it, would that fly?
Old 05-03-2006, 06:08 AM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bilinghm
My point is that I could take the modified manifold that I did my self, and put it on EBAY as Mrev++ and how could anyone dispute if it was genuine? Nobody knows what one looks like except the people who have bought them, and even the people who have bought them don't know if they have recieved the same product as everyone else.

If Crawford said that they had developed a new plenum top that makes an additional 50 hp, but its secret and you can't see it unless you buy it, would that fly?
I think the biggest reason for them not showing what they have done to the plenum is sales. If they show what they have done, then people like you and me would do it to our own plenums and they would lose the money and time spent dynoing and testing their results.

Its only a matter of time until people will be taking pics of their plenums. Word will get out soon enough. So they want to make the money while they can. There is nothing wrong with that, since they have put the time and money into testing the plenum.

But on the other hand i do see what you are saying Bil, who wants to buy something site unseen

Later
Aceman
Old 05-03-2006, 06:57 AM
ATL_Red_G35

Bill, I'll get the MREV-2 so we can check it out

DaveO suggests that we can do lil more to the MREV-2 **Secret** and squeeze out lil more power I'll discuss more with you when we meet up.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:16 AM
FOO_G

Originally Posted by ATL_Red_G35
Bill, I'll get the MREV-2 so we can check it out

DaveO suggests that we can do lil more to the MREV-2 **Secret** and squeeze out lil more power I'll discuss more with you when we meet up.

are you refering tothe polishing of the internals of the upper and lower plenum?
Old 05-03-2006, 07:30 AM
ATL_Red_G35

Originally Posted by FOO_G
are you refering tothe polishing of the internals of the upper and lower plenum?
That is 1, but there's a lil more
Old 05-03-2006, 08:11 AM
SirZaLot

Originally Posted by vince1611
+1 I bought the original mrev (non plus) and am wondering how the v2 will work with the 5/16th spacer and if its worth upgrading.
Tony,
did you do any dyno for the rev up motor?
Us that have the rev up motor with mrev+ and 5/16th spacer would really like to know if mrev v2 with 5/16th spacer will have any good gain?
Is the mrev v2 worth it for us?
Old 05-03-2006, 08:18 AM
FOO_G

i think wire 24/7's is revup.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:20 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FOO_G
i think wire 24/7's is revup.
NOPE! 287hp
Old 05-03-2006, 09:45 AM
LMG_35C

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Sale will start this Thursday!
Tony,
I'm in!

Where do I sign?

Len
Old 05-03-2006, 10:10 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a valid point. My support of Motordyne from day 1 has been b/c of Tony's willingness to fully explain why his products work. This one is still a mystery to me.

I know there are a few ambitious souls with the proper equipment to duplicate what has been done, but for $122 how could you really justify the time and effort to DIY? That pool of people is very small.

He doesn't have to give specific mm removed, just what has been done (smoothed this, shortened that) and why it improves flow, velocity, whatever. It's good marketing.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:20 AM
OCG35Coupe

Just a thought. How does one know if they have received a Mrev+ or and Mrev++ or and Mrevplus or whatever? The product has no description, and there are no published pictures. You could be shipped ANYTHING and you would have no way of knowing if you had received the latest secret product or some developmental mule. There is substantial hand work on a product like this, so each on is probably slightly different even in the best case. This isn’t “CNC computer machined”, this is ground by hand.

Is the any other product that you buy without seeing it, understanding its features, and insuring that you are getting your moneys' worth? Would you by tires, wheels, sway bars, or turbos this way? Why isn’t Greddy afraid that someone will copy their turbo piping?

It seems to me that "Top Secret" products are a little risky. I will want to see the actual, finished, final product, read the specifications and the performance claims before I spend my money.
In other words, someone post pictures, and a blueprint of what has been done so you can copy it..
Old 05-03-2006, 10:20 AM
bosssho

Originally Posted by 350Zenophile
That's a valid point. My support of Motordyne from day 1 has been b/c of Tony's willingness to fully explain why his products work. This one is still a mystery to me.

I know there are a few ambitious souls with the proper equipment to duplicate what has been done, but for $122 how could you really justify the time and effort to DIY? That pool of people is very small.

He doesn't have to give specific mm removed, just what has been done (smoothed this, shortened that) and why it improves flow, velocity, whatever. It's good marketing.
Being in sales myself, and respecting leg work and R&D as much as I do, I can't agree w/the above statement enough...for $122 (at least for all the non rev up people w/good lower plenums to core) this is a no brainer.

Quick Reply: MREV+ Dyno Tested On The 287 HP Engine!