Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

MREV+ Dyno Tested On The 287 HP Engine!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006 | 07:36 PM
bosssho

Originally Posted by GeoFX
Uh...are you sure? I have MREV++ installed on my FX35. From personal observation and spoken conversation that's not true. Don't listen to speculation on the other site. Only ports 1 & 2 and other "areas" (excluding the other ports) are affected.
Geo,

I am 200% sure. I spoke to Tony and DaveO at Great Lenghts on what the difference is. As posted on here and on G35Driver the main difference b/t the MREV-1 and MREV-2 is that 2 more intake ports (I believe it's 3 & 4) are ported...or hogged out if you will. If you want to gain extra power...which it seems some are doing already, you can take Tony's roughed porting and polish it your self to gain even more power via smoother air delivery.

Anything else done to the MREV-2 to differentiate it from the MREV-1 is pure speculation.

I don't know what the 1/4 mi gains are w/the MREV-2 vs. Version 1, but I would think a tenth and a mph or two. .25 off your FX 0-60 is nice which should be 1-2 10ths in the 1/4 mi. My 06 Trailblazer SS...bone stock...stock airfilter and all weighs in at over 5000lbs w/me in it and it ran back to back 13.9s...he he he. No replacement for displacement!
Old 05-03-2006 | 08:48 PM
OCG35Coupe

Originally Posted by GeoFX
Uh...it's a little more than that. Last time I weighed my FX at the track it was 4600lbs. Have you weighed yours? Shaving off that much time in a heavier vehicle is a lot harder than on a Z and speaks to the power gains across the whole powerband with the MREV++ IMO.
I was going by Curb Weights, and the FX35 AWD is listed at 4350Lbs at infiniti.com.

The 06 350z weighs around 3300lbs.

Oh yeah...And i was being sarcastic! I know 1000 lbs is a shlt load
Old 05-03-2006 | 08:48 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by bilinghm
Interesting, which takes us back to the question, does the Mrev++ outperform the Mrev+?
Did you miss this post?

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...&postcount=102

I break my back doing installs on the dyno for the most accurate results. And also put a lot of time/effort into prototype hardware (some that work and some that dont), dyno $, supporting independant dynos with members of this board and a lot of time putting much more explicit development information/analysis on the boards than probably any other VQ mod manufacturer.

It all adds up to a lot of time consuming hard work. If my effort isn't enough for you, wait for pics to be posted so you can copy it. Then dyno it to your hearts content.
Old 05-03-2006 | 09:12 PM
mikesj

Can i get special discount ($344 then get $222 for my core) if i order online
(through your website) tomorrow ?
thanks,
Mike
Old 05-03-2006 | 09:17 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Hi Mikes,

Yes, Exactly.

I'll start a thread in the classified forum and link it here for more information.
Old 05-04-2006 | 06:43 AM
Road Warrior

in order to see the differences you would have to dyno with all the different combos on the same car.

as someone mentioned earlier...every little bit of hp counts...and thats the bottom line to me

thanks hydrazine..hopefully everyone who can participate, will, in the dyno comparisons. appreciate your efforts

Last edited by Road Warrior; 05-04-2006 at 06:46 AM.
Old 05-04-2006 | 06:50 AM
wren57
Banned

About to install the modified lower 287 manifold on my 287 engine that already has the crawford v5. Will report back in a few hours.
Old 05-04-2006 | 06:54 AM
GeoFX

Originally Posted by OCG35Coupe
I was going by Curb Weights, and the FX35 AWD is listed at 4350Lbs at infiniti.com.

The 06 350z weighs around 3300lbs.

Oh yeah...And i was being sarcastic! I know 1000 lbs is a shlt load
In addition to the extra weight, the FX35 AWD has about a 28% drivetrain loss in power due to the AWD mechanism which is far more than the Zs (auto or 6-spd). Makes the performance gains of the MREV2 even more impressive if the 0-60 times show a 0.25 secs improvement.
Old 05-04-2006 | 07:55 AM
ATL_Red_G35

hm....Tony

It's about 12PM EST on Thursday, May 4th, 2006.

Where the heck is Xmas?

jk, I just wanna check to when will the sale commence.
Old 05-04-2006 | 08:06 AM
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by wren57
About to install the modified lower 287 manifold on my 287 engine that already has the crawford v5. Will report back in a few hours.
same setup as me...please post results when you get them
Old 05-04-2006 | 08:06 AM
bilinghm

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Did you miss this post?

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...&postcount=102

I break my back doing installs on the dyno for the most accurate results. And also put a lot of time/effort into prototype hardware (some that work and some that dont), dyno $, supporting independant dynos with members of this board and a lot of time putting much more explicit development information/analysis on the boards than probably any other VQ mod manufacturer.

It all adds up to a lot of time consuming hard work. If my effort isn't enough for you, wait for pics to be posted so you can copy it. Then dyno it to your hearts content.
Dear Mr. Hydrazine,

Going back and re-reading those posts around #103, it all seemed pretty inconclusive. I thought that there were unexplained dyno glitches that made the results somewhat suspect. Is this not true? You said that it would have to be confirmed when independent customer dynos were available. I guess my point is that if both “A” and “B” produce similar results, the best solution is the easiest, least complex solution.

Occam's razor: entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem (entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity)

Sincerely,
Your pal, Bill The thief
Old 05-04-2006 | 08:14 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by ATL_Red_G35
hm....Tony

It's about 12PM EST on Thursday, May 4th, 2006.

Where the heck is Xmas?

jk, I just wanna check to when will the sale commence.
Its good to go now!

When you go to the website and add it to the shopping cart, type in the discount code "Hydrazine" and you will automatically get the discount price.
Old 05-04-2006 | 08:28 AM
GeoFX

Originally Posted by bosssho
Geo,

I am 200% sure. I spoke to Tony and DaveO at Great Lenghts on what the difference is. As posted on here and on G35Driver the main difference b/t the MREV-1 and MREV-2 is that 2 more intake ports (I believe it's 3 & 4) are ported...or hogged out if you will. If you want to gain extra power...which it seems some are doing already, you can take Tony's roughed porting and polish it your self to gain even more power via smoother air delivery.

Anything else done to the MREV-2 to differentiate it from the MREV-1 is pure speculation.
bosssho,

I took this from the G35driver.com thread you mentioned. Evidently another early adopter of the MREV2 observed the same things I did for my MREV2 install. Only intake ports 1 and 2 are affected plus "other areas" were machined. So who knows? I'm sure everything will come out once pics are posted though...

G35 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosssho
MREV+ = 2 of the six intake ports ported/polished for more power.

MREV++ = 2 more, or 4 total, for more power.

Doing all 6 is not worth any gains.
Actually, I just got mine in the mail the other day and spent the weekend measuring the differences between a 2005 lower plenum; 2003 287 HP, and the new and improved MREV ++ .

I can say that all the work to the new and improved MREV ++ lower plenum is ONLY on cylinders # 1 & 2.

But out of respect to Tony and Motordyne engineering, I will not be publishing my findings ........ so don't even ask.

Last edited by GeoFX; 05-04-2006 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-04-2006 | 08:39 AM
baron

Tony,

I have some questions:

1) I plan to install this lower plenum into my M35. Is it compatible as well?

2) How hard is the installation of the lower plenum? I don't have much experience with working on cars, but I did manage to install the spacer into my Z.

3) Is it better/beneficial to install all 3 components (lower plenum, spacer, and isotherm) all at once, or just start with the lower plenum first?

4) How long is the sale/discount going to last?

Thanks,
Baron
Old 05-04-2006 | 08:54 AM
FOO_G

? about the core return. Do we need to make a coment in he note area of our shopping cart before we submit it?
Old 05-04-2006 | 09:19 AM
Sk8fe

Does anyone have a link to the installation steps?
Old 05-04-2006 | 09:23 AM
LMG_35C

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/manual.asp
Old 05-04-2006 | 09:29 AM
Sk8fe

Dooh! Thanks! I looked in 350Z and FAQ.

Old 05-04-2006 | 09:32 AM
Mr_pharmD

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Its good to go now!

When you go to the website and add it to the shopping cart, type in the discount code "Hydrazine" and you will automatically get the discount price.

is the MREV ++ the same as the MREV 2 TM + lower collector?? I only see that on the site. Anyone got a link for the MREV ++?
Old 05-04-2006 | 09:43 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by baron
Tony,

I have some questions:

1) I plan to install this lower plenum into my M35. Is it compatible as well?

2) How hard is the installation of the lower plenum? I don't have much experience with working on cars, but I did manage to install the spacer into my Z.

3) Is it better/beneficial to install all 3 components (lower plenum, spacer, and isotherm) all at once, or just start with the lower plenum first?

4) How long is the sale/discount going to last?

Thanks,
Baron
Hi Baron,

1)All of these kits will fit and function on your M35 just like it does for the Z, G and and FX35. The only difference is that the Z kits come with additional parts for the strut bar.

2) Installation isn't hard. If you already installed a spacer on your Z, installation of the new lower collector on your M will only be ~11 more bolts to turn to get the lower collector off. Removing the lower collector is actually easier than removing the Z strut bar.

3) That depends on your goals. If you want the most you can get and you never want to mess with plenum mods again, do all of it the first time and be done with it. You could also start out with one or the other but if you add something else later on, its just more work. ...So it all depends on your priorities.

4) Sale will last for one week and ends next Thursday.

Tony

Quick Reply: MREV+ Dyno Tested On The 287 HP Engine!