Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Nismo Headers+Crawford HFC+TS ECU Reflash+KJR Crank Pulley+19" Wheels = +7whp

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 08:44 PM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a firm believer in dyno tuning - but I dyno tune on 3 different dyno's to get the average...

Rick
Old 06-18-2006, 04:04 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry rick but you have it a bit backwards. tq likes fuel and hp likes to be lean.

ideal AFR for these cars give or take a bit are 12.8 across the board and a little leaner in the upper rpms. these cars respond great to exactly 2 degrees across the board raised timing.

another statement you said is that the car was tuned for 14.5 for better gas mileage. everyone of our cars turbo, SC, NA when tune correctly runs 14.7 to 15.0 under less than 10% throttle. this is where your car should be with a correct tune. if someone is trying to get good gas mileage, they shouldnt be worried about tuning thier car to stoich under WOT, kinda foolish if you ask me...
Old 06-18-2006, 05:00 AM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
another statement you said is that the car was tuned for 14.5 for better gas mileage. everyone of our cars turbo, SC, NA when tune correctly runs 14.7 to 15.0 under less than 10% throttle. this is where your car should be with a correct tune. if someone is trying to get good gas mileage, they shouldnt be worried about tuning thier car to stoich under WOT, kinda foolish if you ask me...
Sorry - the goal of this was to make sure the car leaned out a bit during normal driving. I have seen with piggy backs before that the car stays rich all the time. So in traffic and low throttle, the car just eats gas.

Thats a bad tune and improper throttle sets, I believe?

Rick
Old 06-18-2006, 06:19 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

The way the stock 350Z is set up is verry funny. Its more of a process of finding the "RIGHT" mods to make the most power than adding all the mods you can. For example, you may expect to gain 5-12 whp from a set of test pipes. Now add an exhaust that claims 10whp and you may actually stay the same or loose HP cause the stock ECM is running the car leaner than before. Without proper tunning the 350Z will respnd well to only one or two breathing mods, when you add several breathing mods, the gains start to negate themselves as the car leans out,picks up knock and goes into a mre conservative timing map on the stock ECU. So more is not really better.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:21 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

[QUOTE=audiblemayhem]sorry rick but you have it a bit backwards. tq likes fuel and hp likes to be lean.

ideal AFR for these cars give or take a bit are 12.8 across the board and a little leaner in the upper rpms. these cars respond great to exactly 2 degrees across the board raised timing.
QUOTE]
This is correct, TQ wins races not HP as HP is simply a measurment of TQ
I found the Z to respond nicely to 13.5 A/F till around 5500 rpms then dumpt it to 12.5 to redline. Then play with the timing to see what gains the most power, some cars like timing, some dont..
Old 06-18-2006, 09:49 AM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to have to take it to different types of dynos to see
if my A/F is really 13 flat across.

After the retune at TS, the car pulls with less force, but with more smoothless and seems to acclerate faster.
I just don't feel the torque pulling the car forward roughly anymore, but more of a smooth transaction.

Also, throttle response has changed.
I get a nice power & response when I press the pedal a bit, maybe to 1/3 of full throttle.
But when I press any more or go full throttle, I don't feel any difference.
With my previous reflash, I felt the gradual increase in power as the gas pedal sinks into the floor.
Now, it's like initial power, and then the rest of the way down it stays the same.

With original reflash, the car became quieter; after the retune the car's loud once again.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by gsazabi
I'm going to have to take it to different types of dynos to see
if my A/F is really 13 flat across.

After the retune at TS, the car pulls with less force, but with more smoothless and seems to acclerate faster.
I just don't feel the torque pulling the car forward roughly anymore, but more of a smooth transaction.

Also, throttle response has changed.
I get a nice power & response when I press the pedal a bit, maybe to 1/3 of full throttle.
But when I press any more or go full throttle, I don't feel any difference.
With my previous reflash, I felt the gradual increase in power as the gas pedal sinks into the floor.
Now, it's like initial power, and then the rest of the way down it stays the same.

With original reflash, the car became quieter; after the retune the car's loud once again.
You do realize that a reflash does nothing for part throttle response, only WOT...
Old 06-24-2006, 10:52 AM
gsazabi

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
You do realize that a reflash does nothing for part throttle response, only WOT...
Maybe you're right, but I can DEFINITELY feel the difference.

I'm taking my car back to TS AGAIN...they car's running VERY RICH
like Tadashi said it would.

I spell so much gas it's not even funny.
I won't be able to get there till next Wednesday, should I try avoiding the car as much as possible till then?
Old 06-24-2006, 12:18 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
That really depends on how the tuner tunes it. A reflash can change ANYTHING and EVERYTHING about the way the car runs. Reflashes really are limitless in possibilities depending on how much the tuner knows about how the ECU software works.
I’m not saying TS does anything outside of WOT tuning, but it is possible.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:36 PM
InsaneChink

my numbers unfortunately are almost exactly the same as yous. I believe we have the exact same mods as well. My A/F is 13.1 from 2300rpm to redline. So Tadashi did what he was suppose to do. This is how i look at it... so the numbers are not there, but go test your car out against other Z's or G35's and you'll see a HUGE difference. Against a stock Z/G35 its no joke, smoked them. Against lightly N/A moddedZ/G35, you'll still see a huge difference. The sad thing is that i've seen people with just a pop charger Dyno higher numbers than ours...LOL. But they're just numbers... AS long as everything is modded and tuned correctly, put your Z to the test and you'll feel a lot better about those numbers.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:34 PM
roast

This is correct, TQ wins races not HP as HP is simply a measurment of TQ
This is not correct.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:46 PM
intoxicatedpete

subscribing...

I also have those mods, minus the 19" wheels and plus other breather mods, and I was also looking into the TS reflash. I want to know how this turns out so i can decide how I'll go about tuning my car.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:01 AM
Zincognito

Strange, with the mods i have below, i dynoed at 259.6whp and 240wtq. Even so, im not to happy with those numbers. I'm also running lean up top and was informed about an apexi safcII but when i heard that it only lasts a week before your ECU kicks it to the curb, im stomped!! I have a few more mods waiting to be installed and once im done, i will see what the same dyno will say about my mods......
Keep us updated with this situation

G
Old 06-29-2006, 02:35 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by roast
This is not correct.
Yes it is...Please expound a little on your conclusions. HP is a measurment of TQ, nothing more, nothing less...
Old 06-29-2006, 08:05 AM
PunKidd

HP is a measurment of TQ at a given RPM, so they have a directly proportional relationship.
You can't just get a HP number out of a TQ number w/o the RPMs.
HP = Torque * RPM/5,252