Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Hks Hi Power = Very bad quality

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 08:41 PM
SergEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbotoy
They couldn't match the price I can get it for

I am going through the vendor I got it from and sending it back to HKS. Luck or not I won't trust HKS again
I still have a tough time thinking that HKS sent ONE box with welds like that....looks like they are doing everything they can to give you their best quality and your just gonna walk away

I could see if they didnt care and said sorry but if they are going to this much trouble to fix it give them a shot....it makes power and when the excellent quality version comes in the mail I think you will be very happy with it

JMHO though
Old 04-14-2007, 05:07 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SergEK
I still have a tough time thinking that HKS sent ONE box with welds like that....looks like they are doing everything they can to give you their best quality and your just gonna walk away

I could see if they didnt care and said sorry but if they are going to this much trouble to fix it give them a shot....it makes power and when the excellent quality version comes in the mail I think you will be very happy with it

JMHO though

Going to so much trouble? They told him to suck it up, it's really not a problem, or return it, or wait 4 months until another batch comes out. What frigging trouble are they going to? Not keeping his money for a defective exhaust? Not being total crooks?

I would not recommend anyone buy an HKS exhaust until this batch is sold to all the suckers out there and the "new production" comes in. This confirms what I said before about HKS warranty, worthless. Return the product, wait for months while they sort it out at their leisure, or pay to get it fixed yourself. They could care less you paid for a product and are denied the use of that product for months. Yes, SergEK, HKS is really going out of their way for this guy.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:51 AM
chris'smax

Originally Posted by AParshall04
I bet someone else has already asked you this but i dont want to read 4 pages to check. Where did you buy this exhaust from? There is a good possibility that maybe they scammed you and sold you one of those ebay knockoffs. Are there any HKS brandings on the exhaust system itself?

I have the knock off and i can assure you that mine has no issues like what was shown by the OP. THat looks like a group of high schoolers in a shop class put that together .

Just goes to show you don't ALWAYS get what you pay for.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:53 AM
chris'smax

I love it how people blindly defend large companies like HKS because they are deemed supeirior.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:59 AM
ceddyluv82

*checks HKS off his list of potential exhausts*
Old 04-18-2007, 08:17 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by ceddyluv82
*checks HKS off his list of potential exhausts*
This is why

ONE guy has a slight problem and it gets written off

They are taking it back and giving him one of the new versions

Many companies out there would just say "nothing is wrong...just cosmetic" and not do a thing......they are taking it back and giving him a better quality version at no charge....what else could you ask for? A check for the "pain" of waiting? Get real

The HKS has proven to be a great sounding high quality exhaust that MAKES POWER where many just make noise and sometimes HALF the power of the HKS unit

SO go ahead and write it off....those who have the HKS units that I have seen are very pleased and made good gains .....14+whp on the reg DE motors...not bad at all
Old 04-19-2007, 05:25 AM
chris'smax

This is why

Many companies out there would just say "nothing is wrong...just cosmetic" and not do a thing......they are taking it back and giving him a better quality version at no charge....what else could you ask for? A check for the "pain" of waiting? Get real

The HKS has proven to be a great sounding high quality exhaust that MAKES POWER where many just make noise and sometimes HALF the power of the HKS unit

SO go ahead and write it off....those who have the HKS units that I have seen are very pleased and made good gains .....14+whp on the reg DE motors...not bad at all

I don't think people should cross HKS off their list. Hell if i had the $1400 to blow on the exhaust i would get it, but instead of the knock off. The only thing i have a problem with is when people state that they feel 100% that originals are ALWAYS better than a knock off.

Last edited by chris'smax; 04-19-2007 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:46 AM
gqong

hmm mine did not have this problem at all...hope their QA isn't going down and this is a just a mishap..good luck to the OP
Old 05-20-2007, 04:50 PM
fairlady350z33

that looks like a fake, mine came in 2 boxes, and everything was wrapped up with that yellow packaging tape stuff. no tape on the box, looks like they put a fake inside. hope you get it taken care of.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:05 PM
turbotoy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is why

This is not one guy with one bad exhaust. There entire lot was defective per HKS Japan. For $1500 I better get top quality the first time out. I bought HKS because I wanted to spend the money on the best! If they are going to charge for being the best then that is what I expect. I want everyone to know what has taken place to inform people. HKS will fix the problem. I have chosen not to wait on THERE MISTAKE!
Old 05-25-2007, 11:52 PM
Ken@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Just to let you guys know the HKS Ti exhaust have come in 1 box for awhile now unlike before it was 2. And sorry to hear about the HKS quality problem you experience.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:31 AM
SergEK

Originally Posted by turbotoy
This is not one guy with one bad exhaust. There entire lot was defective per HKS Japan. For $1500 I better get top quality the first time out. I bought HKS because I wanted to spend the money on the best! If they are going to charge for being the best then that is what I expect. I want everyone to know what has taken place to inform people. HKS will fix the problem. I have chosen not to wait on THERE MISTAKE!
You mean THEIR mistake

While I agree we all pay hoping for the best humans make mistakes...from recent pics I have seen with the H pipes QA seems to be sorely lacking....perhaps due to demand and pricing issues

The bottom line is the design makes power, is of very high quality materials and is being fixed

If you wanted the "best" for your money you would have sought out a custom exhaust system and paid the $$$ for it tuned specifically to your setup...FYI 1500 is a drop in the bucket when you look at some stainless exhausts on the market and especially when you look at the $2500+ for the ti stuff

Instead you relied on a mass produced exhaust....mass production will have more flaws or at least chances of flaws.....they have identified the problem and will hopefully maintain their word and replace the systems

We all seek value and quality....the HKS unit is very high quality...the batch that was flawed obviously not a real representation of the majority of their products

Good luck with your next exhaust
Old 05-26-2007, 07:20 AM
cubu

i still think something is fishy with the vendor that sent the exhaust. this is the only case i've seen where the pipes look like that
Old 05-26-2007, 09:43 AM
turbotoy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cubu
i still think something is fishy with the vendor that sent the exhaust. this is the only case i've seen where the pipes look like that
I don't understand what I have to say! I have been working on cars for ten years. I have seen HKS, GReddy, Borla, Stillen all the exhausts on the market for different cars. I KNOW the difference between real and fake. I don't spend my money at just any fly by night shop. The vendor is not to blame!
Really?
https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/273185-hks-improving-on-perfection.html

Last edited by turbotoy; 05-26-2007 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:46 AM
cubu

wow, looks like imma put my car on a lift soon, thanks for the heads up