Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Megan Racing Test Pipes are complete crap

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Machupo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Simann
1. How in the heck does a hollow tube (otherwise known as a "test pipe") "burn out" your exhaust?
2. How does a welded o2 bung (thats not even remotely close to the extreme temperatures primarily exerted on the header tubes and initial flange) simply "break off"?

I think multiple stories on here are bent truth. Secondly, of course you will hear different harmonics resonating from the exhaust, you have no noise dampning effect from the stock catalytic converters. Lastly, if your car is lowered, you openly admit to driving it hard after saying "after all this hard driving", common sense would say that you most likely were driving it like you stole it and ran over something in the road without paying attention and simply ripped the o2 sensor and bung out of the test pipe.
I think only one of these relates to me, so... i have no idea how an O2 sensor bung weld could break... i didn't run over anything (if I would've hit anything bigger than a pebble at 170mph I would've been history)

I didn't even know this thread was still kicking around, but I ended up going with stillen hi-flows since i had to pass emissions testing again. Looks like Megan got tired of the complaints and developed an awesome fix!!!