Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

5 months on the "HKS Knockoff"

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 03:01 PM
ZTUPID

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 months on the "HKS Knockoff"

Just reporting that I have had the XO2 HKS knockoff exhaust installed since christmas day, with no problems. I also installed a set of their resonated test pipes at the same time, and everything is holding up. I have had the Z up on the lift numerous times in the last few weeks, and I have closely inspected each weld. They are all perfect. The mechanics always comment on how great the setup looks, and ask how much I spent on it. Everywhere I go, people tell me how nice my car sounds. (keep in mind, I chopped the center section of the exhaust, and added 32" glass packs to get rid of the test pipe rasp..) We'll see how well it does over the next 6 months. So far, I recomend it to anyone who wants an awesome looking, sweet sounding setup, at a very, very fair price. That's my opinion, so you JDM ****** can take it or leave it.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:05 PM
gimpster621

glad your happy with it but i'll leave it thanks
Old 05-06-2007, 03:48 PM
phatz33

I just installed mine and the left pipe hangs lower than the right for some reason?
Old 05-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Nerek

yes they do,same with my exhaust. just installed last week and the left side hangs lower, i tried to loosen the pipe and move the hangers around but there seems to be no fix...im hoping somenoe can help us out.
Glad to hear that the exhaust is holding up Dcrob
Old 05-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dcrobfukk
Just reporting that I have had the XO2 HKS knockoff exhaust installed since christmas day, with no problems. I also installed a set of their resonated test pipes at the same time, and everything is holding up. I have had the Z up on the lift numerous times in the last few weeks, and I have closely inspected each weld. They are all perfect. The mechanics always comment on how great the setup looks, and ask how much I spent on it. Everywhere I go, people tell me how nice my car sounds. (keep in mind, I chopped the center section of the exhaust, and added 32" glass packs to get rid of the test pipe rasp..) We'll see how well it does over the next 6 months. So far, I recomend it to anyone who wants an awesome looking, sweet sounding setup, at a very, very fair price. That's my opinion, so you JDM ****** can take it or leave it.
I just did some searching, and I saw the price for that XO2. Holy hell that is a good price. I won't mention it out of fairness to the vendors on this site, since XO2 is not a vendor.

I must admit I feel tempted by the dark side

Old 05-08-2007, 02:48 PM
1FlyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes i am half tempted also.. The price is really good.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:54 PM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice to hear everything is holding up. Congrats. Any new vids?
Old 05-08-2007, 03:50 PM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome! I have the HKS (not a JDM *****) and would love to see pics of your 32" glass pack mods. That's a great idea to mellow out the sound a little at high RPM's under WOT (I have HFC's too). Thx.

Last edited by gothchick; 05-08-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:51 PM
OCZTrack

Just reporting that I have had the XO2 HKS knockoff exhaust installed since christmas day, with no problems.
Even if you do end up having a problem you could replace the whole system two more times before you achieve the price of the HKS exhaust. I say kudos to XO2 for making a product that seems to perform just as well as the HKS brand at a 1/3 of the price.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gimpster621
glad your happy with it but i'll leave it thanks
+1
Glad you like your setup, but i think i will leave it as well. You can't really tell about an exhaust with only 5 months on it. Come back and tell us how it holds up after a year or what not.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:18 PM
phatz33

I felt a loss of torque in the lower rpms is this normal??
Old 05-08-2007, 09:44 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Cant wait to get mine in the mail.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:42 AM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has there been any dynos on this exhaust at all or it just looks good?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:27 AM
ZTUPID

Nope, no dyno time yet, though I should probably get a re-tune soon. Too many NA mods on the stock tune. Anyway, in terms of the problem with you guys having one side hang lower than the other... I did not have that problem at all. everything is perfectly straight, and even so, the tipe are adjustable. I will see what I can do about getting some new pics posted up here with the mods I made to the setup, and maybe even a video, so you can hear it. Also, to the guys who have the crooked pipes, are you sure you installed everything correct? I'm not sure if you can screw this one up. Also, I'm sure it would be cheap and easy to drive down to an exhaust shop, and have them alter your hangers to straighten it all up. Post pics... im curious.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:34 AM
flynbrin

what in the world is a "glass pack"
Old 05-09-2007, 01:03 PM
OCZTrack

Originally Posted by flynbrin
what in the world is a "glass pack"
Wikipedia is your friend...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_Pack
Old 05-09-2007, 01:17 PM
chris'smax

+1
Had mine on since NEW YEARS DAY and it looks as shiny new as the day i bought it (-the dirt). It seems like the tone changed after a couple of months and it is now deeper. My buddy who own's a local performance shop was really impressed by the looks of it. He said quality wise it looked just as good as the HKS exhaust he installed on a G35 the week before.

I was at the shop a few weeks back while it was on the lift and a guy came up to me(Z owner i assume) and asked "Damn dude you bought the HKS exhasust? You can tell how much nicer this one is than the knockoff." Needless to say he felt like a idiot when i told him it was the knockoff and that it was less than $600 shipped.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:18 PM
chris'smax

Originally Posted by phatz33
I felt a loss of torque in the lower rpms is this normal??
yea i did also. It is because of the larger diameter exhaust piping reducing the exhaust velocity at low rpm's.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:20 PM
chris'smax

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
I just did some searching, and I saw the price for that XO2. Holy hell that is a good price. I won't mention it out of fairness to the vendors on this site, since XO2 is not a vendor.

I must admit I feel tempted by the dark side

COME LUKE, PSHHH, I AM YOUR FATHER!!
Old 05-09-2007, 02:50 PM
06SilverstoneZ

Originally Posted by BlueDragonZ
Has there been any dynos on this exhaust at all or it just looks good?

Look for the 10 page monster thread about this exhaust , on the 11th or 12th page you can see my dyno .

Im liking this exhaust as well , although its only been a few months .

EDIT : Here is a link to my dyno sheet . https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/256615-just-got-back-from-the-dyno-273whp-and-249-tq.html

Last edited by 06SilverstoneZ; 05-09-2007 at 03:00 PM.

Quick Reply: 5 months on the "HKS Knockoff"