Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Trouble installing Greddy EvoTT exhaust. Please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 02:48 PM
whitebwoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble installing Greddy EvoTT exhaust. Please help

I have a little problem. The left rear exhaust bolts up fine, but the right rear has this 'box' with an electrical plug right behind the rear right wheel. It blocks the EvoTT pan (about half way) from going up further. Right now the right side is a lot lower than the left because I can't get it higher.

And even if I did force the 'box' over more to the right, the electrical plug would be very very close to the pan which would eventually melt it.

Firstly: What is the box?

Secondly: What do I do with it? Is this a regular thing? An installation sheet did not come with the exhaust, so maybe I'm supposed to move the box, or something but I don't know.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:49 PM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

your evap canister you have to relocate it...it doesn't say nething on the instruction or wherever you bought it from?
Old 12-14-2007, 02:51 PM
whitebwoy

Originally Posted by kacz07
your evap canister you have to relocate it...it doesn't say nething on the instruction or wherever you bought it from?
No, I had it shipped here, and the Greddy box was opened. The exhauast is brand new, but I don't see any instructions. I'm going to look again, but now that you mention that it might be in the installation instructions I'm goin to see if I can download it from Greddy.

Thanks.

If you have any more info on it, please let me know anyway. Like where to relocate it to, etc.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:54 PM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah i've the warning on a lot of aftermarket websites...i'm sure someone else will chime in too. I don't have it on my car and I'm not sure how you'd relocate it...give it a couple minutes
Old 12-14-2007, 02:59 PM
whitebwoy

Well, found out that it's definitely an issue with Greddy TT exhausts, and I 'should' have instructions from Greddy on how to relocate it. Trouble is, they have manual downloads for everything except exhausts. I guess because it should be an easy instal.

Anyway, if I could just see a pic of where it should go that'd be good enough. I just looked at the pic of the tt installed on a car ont he greddy products site, and I can see a black box in the middle of the rear. I assume this is the same box, and it was relocated to the centre of the rear. I don't think it's every safe there, gauranteed that it'll get hit off sooner or later. At leats behind the wheel it was better off.

What is the evap's purpose in life?
Old 12-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by whitebwoy
Well, found out that it's definitely an issue with Greddy TT exhausts, and I 'should' have instructions from Greddy on how to relocate it. Trouble is, they have manual downloads for everything except exhausts. I guess because it should be an easy instal.

Anyway, if I could just see a pic of where it should go that'd be good enough. I just looked at the pic of the tt installed on a car ont he greddy products site, and I can see a black box in the middle of the rear. I assume this is the same box, and it was relocated to the centre of the rear. I don't think it's every safe there, gauranteed that it'll get hit off sooner or later. At leats behind the wheel it was better off.

What is the evap's purpose in life?

It's for emissions regulations. Traps gasoline vapors and prevents them from escaping. Removing it (or doing the relocation poorly) will trigger the check engine light, and you will never get rid of it. Your car will never pass emissions with that CEL if you are required to get a smog check.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:24 PM
whitebwoy

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
It's for emissions regulations. Traps gasoline vapors and prevents them from escaping. Removing it (or doing the relocation poorly) will trigger the check engine light, and you will never get rid of it. Your car will never pass emissions with that CEL if you are required to get a smog check.
Well they don't have emissions checking here in Jamaica, but I dont want a CEL on my dash forever either.

If i get rid of it, is there nothing I can put on the wire to turn off the CEL?

How does it catch the gas vapours? Is it somehow connected to something that I'm not seeing?
Old 12-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Well they don't have emissions checking here in Jamaica, but I dont want a CEL on my dash forever either.

If i get rid of it, is there nothing I can put on the wire to turn off the CEL?

How does it catch the gas vapours? Is it somehow connected to something that I'm not seeing?
not totally sure, but it's related to the PCV system and I think it may be connected to the fuel tank.

relocating it would be the best idea.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:42 PM
whitebwoy

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
not totally sure, but it's related to the PCV system and I think it may be connected to the fuel tank.

relocating it would be the best idea.
Appreciate it. I'm gonna work on it. Gonna do some more searching to see if anyone has pics or relocation guides.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:00 PM
StrtDivG35

i barely ever post here, i just lurk alot, but i saw this thread and i had to contribute.

I know how you feel, when i got mine, i was like "wtf?!"

When i installed the Greddy Evo2 on my G35, it came with a bracket that looks like a boxy metal rectangle in a way i guess, also what came with it was some extra tubing, extra bolts, some clamps and some heat wrap. What i figured out was you use the extra tubing to extend the evap canister to the middle of the underside of the car, where your OEM muffler used to be. To mount it up to this you use that boxy rectangle shaped bracket, mount it to the car first then mount the evap canister to the bracket if i recall correctly (or do which ever is more comfortable for you). Use the heat wrap to wrap up the tubing from the evap canister that now sits directly above where your passenger side Greddy Evo muffler is.

here's a few images that may help.

Diagram of evap system

Also a couple pictures of the old version of the greddy evo TT...even though its the old system, the evap canister still sits in the same spot. Its the black box attached to the bracket in the place i described above. Not my pics, found them on google, but had to upload to my photobucket for them to work right.

hope i've been of some help.

Last edited by StrtDivG35; 12-14-2007 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:26 AM
whitebwoy

Originally Posted by StrtDivG35
i barely ever post here, i just lurk alot, but i saw this thread and i had to contribute.

I know how you feel, when i got mine, i was like "wtf?!"

When i installed the Greddy Evo2 on my G35, it came with a bracket that looks like a boxy metal rectangle in a way i guess, also what came with it was some extra tubing, extra bolts, some clamps and some heat wrap. What i figured out was you use the extra tubing to extend the evap canister to the middle of the underside of the car, where your OEM muffler used to be. To mount it up to this you use that boxy rectangle shaped bracket, mount it to the car first then mount the evap canister to the bracket if i recall correctly (or do which ever is more comfortable for you). Use the heat wrap to wrap up the tubing from the evap canister that now sits directly above where your passenger side Greddy Evo muffler is.

here's a few images that may help.

Diagram of evap system

Also a couple pictures of the old version of the greddy evo TT...even though its the old system, the evap canister still sits in the same spot. Its the black box attached to the bracket in the place i described above. Not my pics, found them on google, but had to upload to my photobucket for them to work right.

hope i've been of some help.
SPECTACULAR! You should post more often. LOL!

This is exactly what I needed. I wonder how come my system didn't come with any of those things you mentioned. That sux! I'm gonna have to go have a guy 'rig' it up. i guess it can be bolted up without the bracket, but having the hoses and heat wrap etc. would have been sooooo helpfull.

greddy!!!!
Old 12-15-2007, 11:06 AM
03zcarfl

damn you beat me to the pic.. i had one for you but its on a g35 coupe....
Old 12-17-2007, 02:23 PM
whitebwoy

Not goin to believe this, but the guy who installed the exhaust thought those parts were just extra's in case it was for another or something.

He had put the stuff in the box ready to be DUMPED!

Anyway, I asked him today, and he said he did see some parts like what I was describing, and showed me them. I was both relieved and a bit upset that he didn't just ask what the hell they were for. Lol. Not his fault I guess.
There were no instructions in the damn box!
Old 12-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Escobar

Received 153 Likes on 127 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/321815-greddy-evo2-and-dealing-with-evap.html
Old 12-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Escobar

Not goin to believe this, but the guy who installed the exhaust thought those parts were just extra's in case it was for another or something.

He had put the stuff in the box ready to be DUMPED!

Anyway, I asked him today, and he said he did see some parts like what I was describing, and showed me them. I was both relieved and a bit upset that he didn't just ask what the hell they were for. Lol. Not his fault I guess.
There were no instructions in the damn box!
thats why you do it yourself!
Old 12-18-2007, 06:36 AM
whitebwoy

True. I wish I could do everything myself, but work comes first. I don't have the time to do the car and work. I'm tryin to get the car on the road asap. It's been in the shop for months... (long story).
Old 12-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Escobar

I hear ya, try and devote a weekend or something. Usually it doesnt take long .
Old 12-20-2007, 10:56 AM
whitebwoy

Some people had asked me to take pics of the kit and measurements.

I wrote the damn measurements down, but i can't find it now. I'll get them again later.

Here is the kit...

1) Two hoses for the extension of the hoses currently on the car.

2) About a 6"x10" square piece of 'heat guard' (cant remember the correct term, too much on my mind)

3) The metal bracket. (measurements to come)
Old 05-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Spoolin'Fool

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i know this thread has been dead for a while but i need this and i dont think greddy sells it anymore! :/