Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Greddy Evo2 & Dealing With EVAP

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 10:37 AM
na_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Evo2 & Dealing With EVAP

I've searched around and yet I haven't figured out how we can relocate the EVAP if you've purchased a used Evo2 exhaust and or EvoTT exhaust that doesn't include the relocator kit. I've seen some ideas that are floating around here but I'm a little hesitant on moving anything since I know it may throw the CEL light on. On my Saleen I've had to deal with the SES light coming on with my O/R X-pipe and that's one thing I don't want to deal with the 350z.

My question is... Has anyone ever left the EVAP canister in it's original location and just modified the canister (such as shaving off the corner) to fit the exhaust. I know there's going to be some heat wrapping involved such as lines/hoses and the EVAP canister. I know some people have done it with the Amuse exhaust but I haven't seen or read that they've done it with the EVO 2. I figured you could shave off the places with a dremel to allow enough space to fit the exhaust without a problem. But I guess my concern is... How much room do you really have to shave off and would shaving off make a difference.

Any help, notes, pics, info, or personal experience would be helpful.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:03 AM
03zcarfl

i tried not to relocate it on my g35 coupe but in the end i just had to put it where they wanted with tthe bracket
Old 12-15-2007, 11:49 AM
undrgnd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be careful grinding on it because if you breach the integrity of the cannister, no amount of heat wrap is going to help - the system will detect even a minute leak. I would leave the OEM cannister alone and fab a smaller container with the OEM sensors, or relocate the cannister and extend the hoses. Can't you purchase the relocation kit separately?
Old 12-15-2007, 12:23 PM
na_350z

Originally Posted by undrgnd
Be careful grinding on it because if you breach the integrity of the cannister, no amount of heat wrap is going to help - the system will detect even a minute leak. I would leave the OEM cannister alone and fab a smaller container with the OEM sensors, or relocate the cannister and extend the hoses. Can't you purchase the relocation kit separately?
I contacted Greddy and asked if they would supply me with the relocation kit and I was advised that they wont and can't sell it just alone. I asked if I can have the dimentions of the braket or at least let me know if they had a diagram and they said they don't have that information. I also asked if they had a fabricator making the relocation kits and they said that most parts are made in-house but they didn't know if they used a fabricator to make the braket. The guy didn't know anything pretty much and wasn't helpful at all.

I understand your concern which is the reason I was having second thoughts on grinding the cannister. I was afraid that I'd go to far and damage it. Then I would have no other choice than to create a cannister of my own like the one you created I believe. If I knew how to weld I'm rig my own but I suck at welding and wouldn't know where to start. I figured I can take the measurements down and create my own braket to hold the EVAP cannister in place but it's becoming a real pain. 97supratt created his own using plumbers tape but I wonder how sturdy that really is. I have so many questions and few little answers. I posted in the WTB section for a relocation kit and am willing to $100+ if some had one laying around so I guess it's the waiting game.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:11 PM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno bout the greddy tt but my tech was able yo wiggle the evap canister almost an inch away from the amuse pipe. Heat wrap was used on the box and the lines. The only negative is the shieldin that must be removed (taking a chance with road debris hitting it) but I think its the easiest and best option if u can do it. Did u see my thread on the Amusev evac below? I have pics of the clearance.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

97supratt has done it using random stuff from the hardware store I believe. plumber's tape etc.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:01 PM
na_350z

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
97supratt has done it using random stuff from the hardware store I believe. plumber's tape etc.
Yeah he forwarded some info to me earlier today. If I can't rig and weld the bracket just like the one Greddy provides I'm going to go with 97supratt's idea. If I rig it and create a bracket I'm going to post everything on here with exact measurements, dimensions and hardware that you'll need to make it easier for other's if they ever run into the same problem. For some reason I couldn't find a thread that related to my exact problem.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:56 PM
whitebwoy

I have the same issue.

My post was made yesterday and I got a decent explanation from someone. Check it out...
https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/321677-trouble-installing-greddy-evott-exhaust-please-help.html

It's really messed up that some people get the relocation kit and some don't! Now I have to try do this by judgement and hope for the best.

Greddy 'used' to be in my good books.

Last edited by whitebwoy; 12-15-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:30 AM
whitebwoy

I found the relocation kit, but no instructions.

Half the battle is won, everything should be downhill from here.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:44 AM
Jon70ProofZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

didn't have instructions when we installed mine yesterday but got the kit, it works out really nice once you figure out how to get the canister out had to take off the plash gaurd and all kinds of brackets around it but after a while finally got it out, once the exhaust was all installed though i had a clearance issue with the rear diff case hitting the driver side pipe, anyone else have that issue or know how to fix it?
Old 12-20-2007, 10:59 AM
whitebwoy

pics of the kit in here for future reference:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=321677