Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

BASSANI Exhaust SOUND CLIP - HR

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009 | 08:29 PM
PCH

Uh...yeah no matter how good it may or may not sound, still will not substitute for quality.
Old 04-28-2009 | 06:14 AM
rotchcrocket04

Originally Posted by PCH
Just saw this exhaust in person and i think it is "crap." Poorly built exhaust, looks like someone mickey moused everything. Welds were horrible, i had never seen such a thing! Also, crushed bent? Who does that and who pays a substantial amount of cash for that?
I remember clearly looking over everything when I got mine and the welds were very nicely done (and yes, I've been welding for about 11 years now). I can honestly say I didn't think it was poor build quality in the least

Also, it is most definitely not crush bent piping. It is mandrel bent.
Old 08-08-2009 | 12:29 PM
IsDatIt

Originally Posted by rotchcrocket04
I remember clearly looking over everything when I got mine and the welds were very nicely done (and yes, I've been welding for about 11 years now). I can honestly say I didn't think it was poor build quality in the least

Also, it is most definitely not crush bent piping. It is mandrel bent.

Not really....i just got mine yesterday and it was leaking from one of the poorly welded Resonators....

Other than that, it sounds VERY MEAN with my FI Resonated TP's....

kinda raspy at cold though

Oh and my Bassani is the 2nd Generation with Double walled Resonated Tips.....and the Sway bar Rattle Fixed.

Sounds clips in the Future

Last edited by IsDatIt; 08-08-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-08-2009 | 12:44 PM
Entaille

Originally Posted by IsDatIt
Not really....i just got mine yesterday and it was leaking from one of the poorly welded Resonators....

Other than that, it sounds VERY MEAN with my FI Resonated TP's....

kinda raspy at cold though

Oh and my Bassani is the 2nd Generation with Double walled Resonated Tips.....and the Sway bar Rattle Fixed.

Sounds clips in the Future

I have the 2nd gen as well, make sure the hangers that secure the mufflers are PERFECT, the rear most muffler fits exactly in between the rear bumper support and the bottom of the bumper, and is prone to rattling if not put in perfect position. drove me nuts for a bit, just got it fixed
Old 08-08-2009 | 12:46 PM
Entaille

I was reviewing the welds yesterday and I was not impressed by them. I thought they were borderline sloppy in some areas. it holds together and the gains are definitely there. sound was the most important factor for me picking this setup
Old 08-08-2009 | 12:58 PM
IsDatIt

Originally Posted by Entaille
I have the 2nd gen as well, make sure the hangers that secure the mufflers are PERFECT, the rear most muffler fits exactly in between the rear bumper support and the bottom of the bumper, and is prone to rattling if not put in perfect position. drove me nuts for a bit, just got it fixed

i just noticed that thanx for the heads up!! i just fixed it...

yeah the difference from my xo2 to this is like Night and Day!!
better Response at the pedal too!!!
Old 08-10-2009 | 10:06 AM
TShepp

Anyone using this with turbo or supercharger?? I really want this but dont think its a good choice in case I ever went with a Vortech
Old 08-10-2009 | 11:26 AM
transamnut

Originally Posted by mistico
Has anyone installed one on a Pre-07 model?

Thanks.
I have it, it sounds just like the video, I still have my Ultimate Racing HFC's on the shelf, waiting to be installed. With stock exhaust manifolds, you WILL NOT be disappointed in the sound or the "butt dyno" gains!!!
Old 08-10-2009 | 11:38 AM
transamnut

Originally Posted by jammin
anyone of pictures of this exhaust on the car other than powermark's pictures?

BASSANI Exhaust SOUND CLIP - HR-image001.jpg

BASSANI Exhaust SOUND CLIP - HR-image002.jpg

BASSANI Exhaust SOUND CLIP - HR-image003.jpg

BASSANI Exhaust SOUND CLIP - HR-image004.jpg
Old 08-10-2009 | 12:53 PM
TShepp

^ HEY, A Wisconsin Z!! I would love to sample this thing in person!
Old 08-10-2009 | 07:01 PM
Toby-22

Originally Posted by Entaille
Wat kind of rattling do you get? I have this weird rattle when i deaccelerate. It buzzes/rattles like crazy. And wat should i look for in the hangers?
Old 08-10-2009 | 07:38 PM
pizzato16

Originally Posted by JPE22
Wat kind of rattling do you get? I have this weird rattle when i deaccelerate. It buzzes/rattles like crazy. And wat should i look for in the hangers?
yeah i know what your talking about man. I had that fixed. They mechanic said the pipe was hitting the rear sway bar. Basically bouncing on it. All he had to do was loosen a couple bolts and rotate the pipe a little so it stopped the bouncing. Get the car on a lift and check out the frames around the exhaust as well as the exhaust itself. look for scrapes or any kind of unfamiliar rubbing marks.
Old 08-10-2009 | 08:09 PM
pizzato16

this is mine
Old 08-10-2009 | 10:52 PM
Manjot

Thanks for the info guys. Mines been rattling too because it's touching the sway bar. Hopefully I can get it fixed soon. =)
Old 08-11-2009 | 06:46 AM
cheshirecat79

pizzato, is it just the picture or do those tips kind of "flare" at the end compared to the v1? Kinda looks like a trumpet. Not sure if it's some kind of lens distortion or something.

Thanks for the info guys. Mines been rattling too because it's touching the sway bar. Hopefully I can get it fixed soon. =)
Yeah, mine rattles badly also. Going to try to tackle that within the next couple of weeks.
Old 08-11-2009 | 06:52 AM
Entaille

Originally Posted by pizzato16
yeah i know what your talking about man. I had that fixed. They mechanic said the pipe was hitting the rear sway bar. Basically bouncing on it. All he had to do was loosen a couple bolts and rotate the pipe a little so it stopped the bouncing. Get the car on a lift and check out the frames around the exhaust as well as the exhaust itself. look for scrapes or any kind of unfamiliar rubbing marks.
just to clarify, the first version of the bassani exhaust rattles against the sway bar. the 2nd revision doesnt suffer the problem, but the mufflers need to be positioned perfectly or it is prone to hit the bumper support or rear bumper.

it's pretty easy to locate if you just crawl under the car and hit the pipes/mufflers
Old 08-11-2009 | 07:21 AM
TShepp

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
pizzato, is it just the picture or do those tips kind of "flare" at the end compared to the v1? Kinda looks like a trumpet. Not sure if it's some kind of lens distortion or something.
I was wondering as well...How far do those tips stick out from the bumper? Looks kinda odd
Old 08-11-2009 | 07:32 AM
Darkpath

From up top looking down the over the bumper they stick out about 3/4 of an inch when properly positioned.

For Owners:
When cold - check the tightness of the tips both side to side and up and down... Especially the Driver's side tip... On my V2 setup the driver's side loosened slightly and created an annoying rattle at low RPM. Climbing around under there for 10 mins or so and I found it. Vertical tightness seemed fine till I attempted moving it left to right. One push and it dropped 6 inches... Imagine that happening when haulin freight down the Hiway and burning the underside of tip before you could get off the road with it.
Old 08-11-2009 | 11:09 AM
pizzato16

thanks for the clarification Enatille and Darkpath.

Looking at the tips close they dont look like they flare.
Old 08-11-2009 | 11:21 AM
Manjot

JW, do any of you guys have pics of what the exhaust is supposed to look like when positioned correctly? Like underside pics of the piping?
thnx

Quick Reply: BASSANI Exhaust SOUND CLIP - HR