Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

06 airbox pix

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 03:54 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OCG35
*Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner!

Most people fail to realize that it’s a combo of mods that makes gains… so many ppl go on and on about this does nothing, that does nothing – and of course by themselves on an otherwise stock car many do nothing. But if you complement certain breather mods with other proper tweaks, gains can be made.
Why are you assuming none of us have any other mods?

Your reply is, if even, modding 101. No kidding modding a car is a delicate balancing act and each part compliments one another, and a tune is what pulls everything together.

And i do believe JWT dynoed its intake on a stock DE...results were better than stock...and beat many other intakes out on the market as well...period. When the stock 06' box is dynoed against a JWT...then i will consider switching.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:42 PM
OCG35
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
Why are you assuming none of us have any other mods?

Your reply is, if even, modding 101. No kidding modding a car is a delicate balancing act and each part compliments one another, and a tune is what pulls everything together.

And i do believe JWT dynoed its intake on a stock DE...results were better than stock...and beat many other intakes out on the market as well...period. When the stock 06' box is dynoed against a JWT...then i will consider switching.
where do you get the idea that I'm "assuming none of you have mods"???

re-read the post carefully genius and get back to me when you've mastered the concept of comprehension.

Last edited by OCG35; 08-16-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:37 PM
INTIMAZY

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have any links to the JWT dynos? I hope those aren't manufacturer claims, since AFe is the king of those dynos. I have not seen any intakes provide anything over 2-3rwhp and some members (Alberto being one of them) had dynos where they had LOST power with other reputable brand intakes.

There was one guy (ISMsomthing) that had some Stillen airbox dynos but I don't remember what the final numbers were.

Most people simply will not waste the money to do a before and after dyno run for a mod that is universally accepted as not being that dramatic.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

I was happy with my 06 airbox/K&N filter.

Last edited by Chef-J; 08-17-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:33 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well thats great, but your butt dyno means nothing to me. When i see results on paper...i will believe it.

And please never let me hear "intakes are only for sound change" again.
Hi Noob..
Please show me the independent dyno's which show these gains you speak of.. I surely hope its not from the manufacturer. Or perhaps you have a dyno to prove yourself?..
If you had a clue, you could search and find dyno's showing that short ram and exposed intakes loose power.. More notably, I believe Alberto had proved this many years ago.

I do agree with OCG35.. If you are tuned, you should make extra power with the right combination of mods.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:45 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by Reality350
Hi Noob..
Please show me the independent dyno's which show these gains you speak of.. I surely hope its not from the manufacturer. Or perhaps you have a dyno to prove yourself?..
If you had a clue, you could search and find dyno's showing that short ram and exposed intakes loose power.. More notably, I believe Alberto had proved this many years ago.

I do agree with OCG35.. If you are tuned, you should make extra power with the right combination of mods.
He said it's PROVEN. Let him believe himself.

I go with the JWT for the DE because it has been PROVEN to have the best gains. Period.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:18 AM
Reality350

^LoL!
Perhaps his "unleashed autosports" has this all documented...
Old 08-17-2009, 08:17 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Here ya go: First is DSport mag second is Nissan Performance Mag.

And also Nissan Performance Mag did a review and showed similar gains. Ive provided the link, unfortunetly the site is no longer up and although i searched hard, i couldnt find the dyno results they once had posted in the magazine. All i could dig up was this quote from the article:

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/...ima_july02.php

The POP charger can be installed in about 20 minutes with a 10-mm ratchet and is an easy process even for the novice enthusiast. JWT’s design is one of extreme quality and it showed on the dyno. The peak hp gain was 8 hp (208.8 ) and 3 lb-ft of torque (230.3). These gains stayed fairly consistent past 4,000 RPMs with max hp gain of 10 at 6000 RPMs and max torque gain of 10 at 5500 RPMs. The JWT POP charger is a no brainier option for those interested in lightly modifying their car.

This is what i go by, sorry you douche bags on your high-horses have your own opinion based on what some dude posted on his own dyno results, that is no more credible to me than these magazines. But JWT prob payed them both off im sure.

...waiting for the "thats not credible because" reply.....

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 08-17-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:19 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Obviously the Dsport is overstated, theres no way it made that power. But nonetheless, it showed gains over stock.

Now show me the dynos on 06 airbox vs other setups?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:30 AM
GeauxLadyZ

*Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner!

Most people fail to realize that it’s a combo of mods that makes gains… so many ppl go on and on about this does nothing, that does nothing – and of course by themselves on an otherwise stock car many do nothing. But if you complement certain breather mods with other proper tweaks, gains can be made.
where do you get the idea that I'm "assuming none of you have mods"???

re-read the post carefully genius and get back to me when you've mastered the concept of comprehension.
You said it. You say yourself breather mods make a performance difference while complimented with other mods.... your point is made as if your speaking to those who have stock Z's otherwise, which the OP nor myself do. So, basically your saying intakes make a difference with the right other mods?

Ok, i agree, whats the argument about?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Reality350

^you are clueless..
Old 08-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Jeff92se

Received 1,078 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by bballgms
will i lose low end power if i got with the jwt?
Yes and no. If the JWT could adequately seal off the engine bay heat, you probably wouldn't lose any low end. But when you sit at a light on a hot day, it signifcantely raises the temp over the maf for the 1st 10-30 seconds. THAT will hurt the lowend via the ecu dialing back the ign curve due to the altered maf and probably IAT readings. Hydrazine has commented on this more than a few times. Again, it only affects the 1st 10-30 seconds until the IAT goes back to ambient but Tony has said a loss of 5-10+ hp during those seconds is not unusal. Not a big deal but that's where you want more of your hp/torque. And the idea of paying for an intake for low end powerloss FTL.

Hopefully, something like the Stillen that seals better (guessing) would give you no loss on the low and gains up on the mid/high range. Whether or not it's better/worse/same as the revup airbox is debatable.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Jeff92se

Here ya go: First is DSport mag second is Nissan Performance Mag.

And also Nissan Performance Mag did a review and showed similar gains. Ive provided the link, unfortunetly the site is no longer up and although i searched hard, i couldnt find the dyno results they once had posted in the magazine. All i could dig up was this quote from the article:

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/...ima_july02.php

The POP charger can be installed in about 20 minutes with a 10-mm ratchet and is an easy process even for the novice enthusiast. JWT’s design is one of extreme quality and it showed on the dyno. The peak hp gain was 8 hp (208.8 ) and 3 lb-ft of torque (230.3). These gains stayed fairly consistent past 4,000 RPMs with max hp gain of 10 at 6000 RPMs and max torque gain of 10 at 5500 RPMs. The JWT POP charger is a no brainier option for those interested in lightly modifying their car.

This is what i go by, sorry you douche bags on your high-horses have your own opinion based on what some dude posted on his own dyno results, that is no more credible to me than these magazines. But JWT prob payed them both off im sure.

...waiting for the "thats not credible because" reply.....
Graph looks like an ecu shift to me but Tony would know way better than I.

And BTW, do you often drive with the hood open like that?
Old 08-17-2009, 09:04 AM
INTIMAZY

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Doesn't everyone???

Plus, both those dynos look to be on pre-06 cars... so there isn't a comparison between 06 and JWT.

Last edited by INTIMAZY; 08-17-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:24 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by INTIMAZY
Doesn't everyone???

Plus, both those dynos look to be on pre-06 cars... so there isn't a comparison between 06 and JWT.

Thats what im looking for. I have an 05' and am now searching for any dyno that shows a comparison of something including the 06 box on an 05' or less.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:30 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by Reality350
^you are clueless..
Thats it? Why not contribute something or not say anything?

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 08-17-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:30 AM
Jeff92se

Thats what im looking for. I have an 05' and am now searching for any dyno that shows a comparison of something including the 06 box on an 05' or less.
It would be almost impossible to dyno that very small of a change and differentiate any gains/losses from the std error of the dyno itself or the numerous other varibles that go into dyno measurements. IMHO
Old 08-17-2009, 09:32 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Graph looks like an ecu shift to me but Tony would know way better than I.

Did they dyno the car with the hood open? Did they use a fan in front?
Old 08-17-2009, 09:33 AM
Jeff92se

You posted the article
Old 08-17-2009, 09:34 AM
GeauxLadyZ

It would be almost impossible to dyno that very small of a change and differentiate any gains/losses from the std error of the dyno itself or the numerous other varibles that go into dyno measurements. IMHO

I agree, the gains/losses would be minimal at best. Idealy, since i agree with these others **** about other mods needed...which i have...i would like to find something with possibly MREV2 + spacer or one or the other...before intake and after. The more mods the better.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 08-17-2009 at 09:38 AM.

Quick Reply: 06 airbox pix