Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Removed Muffler..i Love It!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 09:57 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saberphx
His mod is perfectly fine. You seriously think hes gonna get fine's with his stock tips on?! You think the cop is gonna know their is a muffler missing? Get off your horse that mod isn't rice.

I've cut my stock exhaust before the muffler to hear what it was like before I installed my first exhaust and it sounded much better then I thought it would. Not too deep, not raspy at all. Kudos to OP for a cheap but effective mod.

RICE? Are you kidding me?? Oh wait! lol Thats coming from the guy who says "making your rims poke out is a fad"
Nevermind.
Because know the muffler hinders a LOT of hp.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:41 PM
StreetDReamZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds pretty good! im thinking about doin the same thing but just a single tip!
Old 07-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetDReamZ33
sounds pretty good! im thinking about doin the same thing but just a single tip!
^ Jesus ******* Christ. The first is bad enough but with a single tip? Come on.

Now all the F&F fans are gonna jump on the bandwagon and take their mufflers off. This is just as bad as all the Honda ******s who would drill holes in their airboxes so the car sounded "meaner".

I could understand running no muffler on a full track car, but let's look at the real reason you did this to your car. You didn't do it for any "performance" you did it because you wanted your car to be loud. You could have easily bought an aftermarket exhaust, or hell stayed stock and ran test pipes and the car would have been loud as ****, but looked nice and been respectable.

It's just irritating because a lot of us put thousands of dollars and countless hours into our cars to make them our own, and then guys like you come along and **** it up with cheap shortcuts. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way about it either.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:34 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by killa.beez33
Calm down, Damn getting a little defensive here. Where is the love for all z enthusiasts?

Great mod btw, I don't find this to be a rice mod at all, infact I think I'm going to do this as well!

Old 07-09-2008, 05:10 PM
killa.beez33

Wasn't paying attention to the date. My bad.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:55 PM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

Originally Posted by Z04
and yes, this is illegal in Florida. hope you enjoy the fines you are likely to receive

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/ind...20272#0316.272

it is individuals like this that give the 350Z a bad name and be lumped into the ricer category. way to go.
Originally Posted by Escobar
^ agreed. it is a shame.
i didnt know doing things on that list, like tinting your windows illegally dark puts you into a ricer category, guess im behind on the times
Old 07-13-2008, 07:55 AM
sry110

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I LOL'd a few times here because people are saying that instead of removing the stock muffler which is 'ricey', he should have left the muffler and installed test pipes which is, in my state at least, 'illegal'. Are there no emissions laws in Florida?

Someone made an excellent point, that as far as he could tell this 'setup' was not as loud as his $1000 Injen system. So do you think the cop is going to stop the guy who is missing a rear OEM muffler, or the guy who has one of the loudest exhaust systems in the Nissan aftermarket?
Old 07-13-2008, 12:50 PM
R-TuneZ

looks and sounds good, dont let haters bring you down. i really do not like the fact that i can see the stock canisters while driving behind a Z, i was going to buy a grill to cover them up, but i might give this a try first.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:06 PM
pimpin714style

Originally Posted by sry110
I LOL'd a few times here because people are saying that instead of removing the stock muffler which is 'ricey', he should have left the muffler and installed test pipes which is, in my state at least, 'illegal'. Are there no emissions laws in Florida?

Someone made an excellent point, that as far as he could tell this 'setup' was not as loud as his $1000 Injen system. So do you think the cop is going to stop the guy who is missing a rear OEM muffler, or the guy who has one of the loudest exhaust systems in the Nissan aftermarket?
+1, the aftermarket tip will get more attention than a cop actually noticing a missing muffler.sounds decent to me.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:11 PM
DMK

Is this on the stock cats? Would it would be pretty loud with test pipes and similar piping?
Old 07-13-2008, 01:25 PM
350zsunshinefl

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice mod and all that - but the mufflers are there for a reason bud; I don't know if you are aware but the muffler slows down global warming and reduces pollution in general.

You just took part in killing 2 polar bears and 10 penguins.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:01 PM
R-TuneZ

Originally Posted by 350zsunshinefl
Nice mod and all that - but the mufflers are there for a reason bud; I don't know if you are aware but the muffler slows down global warming and reduces pollution in general.

You just took part in killing 2 polar bears and 10 penguins.
mufflers take absolutely no part in reducing vehicle emissions. i just got flamed a couple of days ago for a similar comment, though i mistook the mid-pipe resonator as a cat...
Old 07-14-2008, 06:18 PM
sry110

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by R-TuneZ
mufflers take absolutely no part in reducing vehicle emissions. i just got flamed a couple of days ago for a similar comment, though i mistook the mid-pipe resonator as a cat...
Yeah as far as I know the catalytic converters are the only things in the exhaust system that keep all the bad stuff from shooting out your tail pipes into the atmosphere.

Now the people running test pipes, THEY'RE the ones ripping holes in the ozone layer
Old 07-14-2008, 06:58 PM
nomyth46

cats are the only thing that lowers the emissions in the exhaust, all the muffler does is lower and change the sound................My hats off to the op for trying something alittle different in the Z community...........and actually i was thinking about running straight 3" pipes on my TT setup............and trust me when i say you're just as likely to get a Jay-walking ticket then getting a ticket for not having a muffler...............might have problems passing an inspection though
Old 07-15-2008, 01:05 PM
OldDirty Z33

I think its a good mod. You guys are all crazy quit hatting on people that do different things. BTW if you took of those eyelids because people told you too then I think your the ricer hahahaha listing to others for your mods. ????? Dont listen to others do what you want.. And also you know what Ive noticed about coming from *********???? Every one here is a hatter, bias, and think there the ****. Quit the hatting and calling people ricers. people who call others ricer usually are one... Just wanted to throw that one out.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:02 PM
cambo350z

It's been almost 3 months since i've done this mod and I still love it..you just have to hear it in person to really appreciate it.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:25 PM
nomyth46

Originally Posted by OldDirty Z33
I think its a good mod. You guys are all crazy quit hatting on people that do different things. BTW if you took of those eyelids because people told you too then I think your the ricer hahahaha listing to others for your mods. ????? Dont listen to others do what you want.. And also you know what Ive noticed about coming from *********???? Every one here is a hatter, bias, and think there the ****. Quit the hatting and calling people ricers. people who call others ricer usually are one... Just wanted to throw that one out.

are you saying that some members on this forum are Rice-a-phobic?
Old 07-15-2008, 07:44 PM
OldDirty Z33

Yes and no. The point is that you guys need to get off your high horse and dont just look at just the negative.!! IMO also if its not the latest trend doesnt mean people should hate on it
Old 07-15-2008, 08:48 PM
got556

Gonna get this done tomorrow or the next day...w00t w00t!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:50 AM
cambo350z

Originally Posted by got556
Gonna get this done tomorrow or the next day...w00t w00t!
u will love it..post up after u get this done.

Quick Reply: Removed Muffler..i Love It!