Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Fujitsubo Legalis R Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 04:22 PM
westpak
SFZCC
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I had stayed out of this one since it is all personal opinion and based on some of the comments, but since I have been quoted here I am, mine is the Legalis R which is the SS version of the one above. I had removed the sound clip and pics to free up some space on the site but here they are, I think the tips look much better than stock it makes them look puny now, since then I have installed a y-pipe so it is a little louder at WOT.
Sound Clip

Stock Tips

Fujitsubo Tips
Old 08-11-2003, 04:54 PM
john350Z

Originally posted by Nocturnal
Hum...interesting.

I am assuming the design is the same, but some how the exhaust on John's car look SO MUCH BETTER.

I guess it could be the titanium color, the guy I saw it on have the cheaper stainless steel one. His car is also white. The muffler have some weird japanese writing, at first I almost thought it was Korean.

The look is so cheap, and all the welding does not look good at all. I guess this goes again as to "You get whats you paid for", even if it is the same design.
hey nocturnal,

yeah, the fujitsubo legalis-r and the fujitsubo ti are the same design. yes, i think the titanium does make the exhaust look BETTER. nonetheless, they both are the same and they are great exhausts.

i don't think it's worth the money though for the titanium. i have the nismo titanium shift **** and will be getting a titanium front strut bar. that's why i got the fujitsubo ti exhaust. weight saving also!!!!

if i didn't get the fujitsubo, my next picks on exhaust would be between the mine's titanium exhaust, amuse titanium exhaust, or nismo. probably the nismo for sure though.

-john

Last edited by john350Z; 08-11-2003 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:14 PM
westpak
SFZCC
Premier Member

Hum...interesting.

I am assuming the design is the same, but some how the exhaust on John's car look SO MUCH BETTER.

I guess it could be the titanium color, the guy I saw it on have the cheaper stainless steel one. His car is also white. The muffler have some weird japanese writing, at first I almost thought it was Korean.

The look is so cheap, and all the welding does not look good at all. I guess this goes again as to "You get whats you paid for", even if it is the same design.
I would double check on your friend's exhaust because my Legalis R is flawless, the workmansip is great, the welds are so neat and clean, the guy that made the y-pipe was very impressed with it.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:39 PM
Iezzi

Sounds good!! I like it.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:21 PM
failsafe
....for your health
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahaha- fisting. You crack me up bro.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:50 PM
john350Z

Originally posted by failsaf3
hahaha- fisting. You crack me up bro.
i thought you saw that pic of fisting already?

well, now you know what i do on my spare time, bro.

-jbigelow
Old 08-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Nocturnal

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by westpak
I would double check on your friend's exhaust because my Legalis R is flawless, the workmansip is great, the welds are so neat and clean, the guy that made the y-pipe was very impressed with it.
LOL...Maybe I was right, maybe it is Korean.

Do you have a close up of your muffler? Is there a bunch of writing on it, I can't see it in your pics or in your video. But couple things are for sure.

It doesn't seems to look as nice for some reason, and it doesn't sound any where near your exhaust. When I said that thing was quiet, I mean it is quiet. At idle with me sending behind his car, it was quiet, it was Benz S600 quiet...you can't tell if the car was on or not unless you put your leg next to the exhaust to feel the hot gas comming out.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:56 PM
Vash350Z

is the fujitsubo titanium? where did you get it?
Old 08-12-2003, 12:12 AM
seanrulz

Korean? I've had no idea how the heck Korean tuner would make a exhaust for the Z? Now there are like 2-3 Z33 350Z's out there in Korea (all gray imported) some are RHD from Japan, and 1-2 are LHD. And as my understanding, there are no modded Z's out there in Korea Oh, one more thing, Korean tuners don't put Korean letters in their exhaust, as long as I've never seen one :P
Maybe in 2-3 years when I get my Z done modding and bring it back to Korea (yeah, I'm Korean), I might be able to pimp out there in Korea since Z is so rare out there
Old 08-12-2003, 12:22 AM
KONVERTER

yeah.. the tips on that fujitsubo look a bit too CRX GIANT EXAUST TIP look for me....

i like the nismo exaust tips... they are super smooooooooth...

(thats the pic of mine earlier in this thread.. heheh)

Ill take some better pix when i get the car back (hopefully wednesday)
Old 08-12-2003, 03:07 AM
westpak
SFZCC
Premier Member

................ Do you have a close up of your muffler? Is there a bunch of writing on it, I can't see it in your pics or in your video. But couple things are for sure.

It doesn't seems to look as nice for some reason, and it doesn't sound any where near your exhaust. When I said that thing was quiet, I mean it is quiet. At idle with me sending behind his car, it was quiet, it was Benz S600 quiet...you can't tell if the car was on or not unless you put your leg next to the exhaust to feel the hot gas comming out.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:08 AM
westpak
SFZCC
Premier Member

Originally posted by Vash350Z
is the fujitsubo titanium? where did you get it?
There are 2 versions a Ti and SS, the Tis is like 2K and the SS is like 900 call Gruppe-S, they have had the best prices so far.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:19 PM
Nocturnal

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea, that looks the same.

Hum... maybe because his exhaust is too clean...

It is like the dust on your muffler dull the entire thing, and makes it look a little bit like titanium....

It could be the eye vs. picture thing also. I guess I have to take a look at it again once I have a chance.